• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to borrow

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

Want to borrow

Looking to see if anyone has a reeflink I can borrow so I can update the firmware on my mp40s so I can run them on mobious. I would only need it for a few hours maybe 1 day at most. I would just buy one but feel it will be obsolete once firmware is updated to run on mobious.
      Please lmk if you can help me out. Thank you

oceanslide is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You shouldn’t need the Reeflink to update them if they have the correct chips, download mobius and see if you can do the legacy vortech update.

I am:
      Piratey

They might have the newer chips as I bought these 2 weeks before the mobious ready ones came out. Build date on the is May 14, 2020.
      After reading up and asking lots of questions, most are saying I need to update the firmware via reeflink and ecotech live.
      I'll still give it a shot as I already have mobious running my lights. Thank you.

SammieT is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Drama D View Post
      They might have the newer chips as I bought these 2 weeks before the mobious ready ones came out. Build date on the is May 14, 2020.
      After reading up and asking lots of questions, most are saying I need to update the firmware via reeflink and ecotech live.
      I'll still give it a shot as I already have mobious running my lights. Thank you.
      which MP40 did you get? I picked up 2 of the MP40wQD and managed to update mine via mobious... the MPs are roughly 3 weeks old

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by SammieT View Post
      which MP40 did you get? I picked up 2 of the MP40wQD and managed to update mine via mobious... the MPs are roughly 3 weeks old
      Yeah, I got the mp40wQD's. Picked these up on cinco de mayo. 2 werks after recieving these. Ecotech released the mobious ready versions. They have a mobious ready sticker on the box. Mine did not have that sticker. I was asking around about updating the firmware because I heard that they were releasing legacy and firmware updates for newish mp40s to be mobious compatible and chipsets for older mp40s.
      It was mentioned that in order to update the firmware, a reeflink was needed, updates to be done via eco smart live. I was unsure.
      I have the mobious app already. Pulled the mp40s out this morning and plugged them in. After an hour or so of finding others mp40 devices, I was finally able to get mobious to recognize my devices and update the firmware via mobious. It was very strange though when the mobious app was picking up other devices that I do not have. I was questioning if maybe it was confusing the nero5 devices I have as mp40s.
      Thanks oceanslide for the heads up about the legacy update. I was successful at pairing both mp40s. I'd recommend doing them both at the same time opposed to individually. Mobious really had a hard time recognizing the 2and mp40. I had to close and reopen the app several times as well as try and update a mp40 that it recognize that I do not own, that update failed then it was able to recognize my device.
      But thanks oceanslide.
      Please close thread, no longer need a reeflink, thanks for all that reached out and chimed in

oceanslide is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Glad you got it sorted! Mine had the same problem when I updated them it failed the update the first time around then I tried again and it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SammieT is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Drama D View Post
      Yeah, I got the mp40wQD's. Picked these up on cinco de mayo. 2 werks after recieving these. Ecotech released the mobious ready versions. They have a mobious ready sticker on the box. Mine did not have that sticker. I was asking around about updating the firmware because I heard that they were releasing legacy and firmware updates for newish mp40s to be mobious compatible and chipsets for older mp40s.
      It was mentioned that in order to update the firmware, a reeflink was needed, updates to be done via eco smart live. I was unsure.
      I have the mobious app already. Pulled the mp40s out this morning and plugged them in. After an hour or so of finding others mp40 devices, I was finally able to get mobious to recognize my devices and update the firmware via mobious. It was very strange though when the mobious app was picking up other devices that I do not have. I was questioning if maybe it was confusing the nero5 devices I have as mp40s.
      Thanks oceanslide for the heads up about the legacy update. I was successful at pairing both mp40s. I'd recommend doing them both at the same time opposed to individually. Mobious really had a hard time recognizing the 2and mp40. I had to close and reopen the app several times as well as try and update a mp40 that it recognize that I do not own, that update failed then it was able to recognize my device.
      But thanks oceanslide.
      Please close thread, no longer need a reeflink, thanks for all that reached out and chimed in
      Yea, mine kept crashing but finally got it updating

glad to see it worked

dhuynh is offline Advanced Hobbyist
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have a reeflink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

::: TEL: 619.ThreeZeroZero.1390
      "Great minds have purposes, others have wishes" - anonymous
      Tanks: 500, 500FW,40,FW, About PIF

I am:
      Piratey

Thxs Danny, dont need it now, I was able to update via mobious. I was thinking I needed a reeflink to update the firmware on the mp40s, turns out my pumps are good to go with mobious legacy update.
      Appreciate the offer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information