• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoa and Mushroom Fragging Questions

scelona is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Zoa and Mushroom Fragging Questions

Hey guys, I am interested in watching someone do some zoa fragging so I can learn. I have read a bunch online and watched some videos and it seems like everyone has their own method. I figure it would be better for me to watch someone else do it so I can frag a combo rock that I have where the mushrooms are starting to overtake the zoas.

If you don't have time to do that then any information would still be much appreciated. I have seen two main techniques: using bone cutters to split the live rock and using a scalpel to cut the matting and split the zoas from the rock. I have also seen some people that use iodine or "lugols" to clean the freshly cut zoas and some that use nothing. There's so much info and I just want to do this right, thank you!

jschnepf is offline Registered User
      My status is: Happy as a clam

I am:
      Amused

If you are going to the March meeting I bet we could arrange a demonstration. And if not it is a great idea for a future meeting. Fragging techniques in general, for sps, lps, zoas, and softies. We did that a couple years ago at one of the north county meetings. A large zoa Rock was donated and everyone attending got to see some methods to frag, then the chance to frag some for themselves.

If you want to do it before the meeting feel free to pm me and I'm sure I can find a zoa plug to frag while you are here. I'm in San Marcos on rancho Santa Fe rd.

scelona is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jschnepf View Post
      If you are going to the March meeting I bet we could arrange a demonstration. And if not it is a great idea for a future meeting. Fragging techniques in general, for sps, lps, zoas, and softies. We did that a couple years ago at one of the north county meetings. A large zoa Rock was donated and everyone attending got to see some methods to frag, then the chance to frag some for themselves.

If you want to do it before the meeting feel free to pm me and I'm sure I can find a zoa plug to frag while you are here. I'm in San Marcos on rancho Santa Fe rd.
      I have never been to a meeting but I just looked up the schedule and am interested in attending. That would be awesome to set a demonstration up for the meeting.
      Last edited by scelona; 02-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.

LakersReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jschnepf View Post

John is a great guy and very knowledgeable. I would definitely take the opportunity to get some tips and pointers from him. He knows his stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information