• Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Respect for others

FDdragon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Respect for others

Ok, so I am a little upset with what has happened recently. Two times within this past week I contacted some members on this forum for some fish or corals. After contact I was told that they had the livestock and were good to meet a certain date and time.....but when that day came (next day or two after contacting member) he/she says that they already sold the livestock despite our arrangement.

If the sell is not going to happen, then please just inform the buyer ahead of time instead of having the buyer prepare for livestock and change their schedule to meet(according to the arrangement made.)

I just think it's rude to back out of a deal and sell to someone else without giving anybody a heads up. I have backed out of deals before but informed the seller as soon as I could so he/she would not be waiting for me.

This is the 4th time this has happened. Just a little courtesy would be nice.

Edit: Sorry, realized I posted this in the wrong section.
      Last edited by FDdragon; 09-15-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Jhuneke is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Absolutely agree!! That is one of the most frustrating aspects of this hobby. Along with the members who try to 'outbid' the asking price to bump out the original purchaser's agreement. But I look at it like this.. It's a sure fire way of weeding out the folks with which you will no longer do business with. Plus , it may not seem like it, but we are a small community in which word travels pretty quickly. Reputation follows you, good AND bad

Sent from my blinged out girly iPhone using Tapatalk

knightnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

that is a perfect buyer feedback comment to post on the seller so you warn the other reefers. I have a few folks saved in my cell that if they respond to any of my posts, their number is marked and I know not to deal with them since they have wasted my time with crazy offers or not showing up.

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

1. When its a good deal, drop everything and get it.
      2. Don't put pm sent on the thread as this will just bump the post and more people will see it, reducing your chances on getting the item.
      3. Make friends by PIF'ing stuff and store their phone number. Most likely friends will get the deal first.
      4. If I had cash, I would have bought the fish and you could have paid me later.

XO PRESENTS is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      My status is: Never doubt that a small group
      of thoughtful, committed
      citizens can change the world;
      indeed, it's the only thing
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

I completely agree !
      General etiquette is that when you make arrangements with buyers or sellers, you keep them. If something comes up and you can no longer keep your arrangements, sending a simple text message to notify the buyer/seller would be the polite and the right thing to .

We all can use a refresher here and there
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...te-for-Newbies
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

SDR Marketing Director / SDMAS Board of Directors

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Investing in our SDR Community www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?89507-SanDiegoReefs.com-Giving-back-to-our-community

My Crazy Obsession
      www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?96495-Xo-signature-experience-s-obsession-continues

Show Some Love
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?75529-XO-PRESENTS-feedback

Who Got Tats? wwwhttp://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-Off-Your-Tats.

jasonp87 is offline SDR Moderator/Ninja
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

Moved to buyer seller feedback.

It does stink when a deal has been made and it falls through. It happens to everyone unfortunately. As mentioned, the best thing to do is pick up immediately if you can. Also as mentioned, I rarely post in a sale thread to avoid bumping it. I pm or text the buyer directly and save everyone's contact info in my phone.
      -Jason
      SDReefs Moderator

55 Gallon Corner Build
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...5-Corner-Build

(OLD) Mr. Aqua 25 Gallon Cube Reef
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-cube&p=832284

(OLD) 10 Gallon Reef w/ 10 Gallon Sump/Fuge
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...lon-reef-build

paulyboy18 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by FDdragon View Post
      Ok, so I am a little upset with what has happened recently. Two times within this past week I contacted some members on this forum for some fish or corals. After contact I was told that they had the livestock and were good to meet a certain date and time.....but when that day came (next day or two after contacting member) he/she says that they already sold the livestock despite our arrangement.

If the sell is not going to happen, then please just inform the buyer ahead of time instead of having the buyer prepare for livestock and change their schedule to meet(according to the arrangement made.)

I just think it's rude to back out of a deal and sell to someone else without giving anybody a heads up. I have backed out of deals before but informed the seller as soon as I could so he/she would not be waiting for me.

Why not just go to the LFS then?

socal619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tripping on shrooms

I am:
      Crazy

Did the post say FCFS?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by paulyboy18 View Post
      Why not just go to the LFS then?
      you are missing the point.

its like saying I should go to the bank to get money if my friend doesn't pay me back money he owed. its not about the money and its not about the fish or coral....its courtesy and about keeping your word.
      Last edited by FDdragon; 09-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by socal619 View Post
      Did the post say FCFS?
      one did say FCFS but the others didn't. I understand if I am not first then so be it, no biggie.

But it's wrong if someone says "im at work until 430 so can you come over at 5?' , "sure, ill be there at 5" , "great, ill see you then"..............then he/she makes arrangements with someone else between those 30 minutes and yours just went out the window. If you can't hold the item then don't make arrangements to meet.
      Last edited by FDdragon; 09-15-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Jhuneke is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

You're right.. It's completely inconsiderate , no doubt! One dude made a deal w me and let me drive 30 min into a 45 min drive to tell me when I texted 'almost there' that someone else just took it! He told me to come and knew it was a 45 min drive :/ turns out though, he was flipping 'an established PBT he had for 6 months' when I found out from the lf store owner he bought it on sale from a few days earlier! Shady reefers to watch out for, but a lot of really cool ones that luckily outnumber em

Sent from my blinged out girly iPhone using Tapatalk

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

wow, that sucks! some people are just out to make a quick buck.

Yeah, ive met some really awesome people on here and i would do business with them no doubt. maybe even have a beer or two. =)

SD_LuNaTiCz is offline Registered User
      My status is: chillaxing!!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by FDdragon View Post

i know who you talking about and to his defense he is moving across country and been hell of busy so take a hike with your crying!!!!! hes been getting crazy amounts of calls and text to the point that he turn his phone off.

socal619 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Tripping on shrooms

I am:
      Crazy

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by socal619 View Post

Haha that's a good meme

Closed Thread

Thread Information