• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CAD Lights Aquariums

goody is online now Premium Member
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

CAD Lights Aquariums

Hoping to get back in the hobby with a smaller setup. Are there any members who have or has had a CAD Lights Aquarium and can give me their thoughts on them. I saw the TOTM on socalireefs was the 50g CAD Lights, and he was keeping a nice collection of sps in it. I would love to have an sps dominant tank again, and these look real nice. Now I just need to convince the wife that I need back in the hobby.
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

OhioStreetz is offline Registered User
      My status is: Run with the best F()ck the
      rest!!!

I am:
      Sneaky

Have you thought about trying sc aquarium they are local to cali now so you can pick up a 50 cube for a decent price and they do good work. I don't have a cadlight tank but have seen a few and they are nice setups. I do run a cadlight skimmer on my 50 cube from sc aquariums though run great.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by OhioStreetz View Post
      Have you thought about trying sc aquarium they are local to cali now so you can pick up a 50 cube for a decent price and they do good work. I don't have a cadlight tank but have seen a few and they are nice setups. I do run a cadlight skimmer on my 50 cube from sc aquariums though run great.
      thanks for reply. i just liked the idea of getting all equipment and stand in one shot and elos is too expensive.
      150g glass w/ corner overflow , 60g sump w/refugium, Eheim 1262 return, SRO 2000int skimmer, ATI Dimmable Sunpower 8x54w fixture, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 tunze 6025 modded.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

I second the SCA, which used to be the maker of CAD for a while until they had a falling out, and it seemed to be over what most seem to gripe about on the CADs, very poor customer service from all I have heard and read.
      SCA does have all the gear, sumps, skimmers, stands, but I do think the stands are just so so, think they are still particle board of some kind.
      I scored a crazy deal on my SCA tank, 120g starfire w/ overflow and plumbing for $500 out the door.
      They were selling off all stock to relocate, you may want to call them for pick up prices, they may still give a better deal than what their site lists.
      It was well worth the drive to Rancho Cucamunga

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by davocean View Post
      I second the SCA, which used to be the maker of CAD for a while until they had a falling out, and it seemed to be over what most seem to gripe about on the CADs, very poor customer service from all I have heard and read.
      SCA does have all the gear, sumps, skimmers, stands, but I do think the stands are just so so, think they are still particle board of some kind.
      I scored a crazy deal on my SCA tank, 120g starfire w/ overflow and plumbing for $500 out the door.
      They were selling off all stock to relocate, you may want to call them for pick up prices, they may still give a better deal than what their site lists.
      It was well worth the drive to Rancho Cucamunga
      Thanks Dave, I will look into SCA more. So would you be willing to build me a stand?

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
      Thanks Dave, I will look into SCA more. So would you be willing to build me a stand?
      Absolutely!

jada1 is offline SDMAS STAFF
      My status is: chill

I am:
      Crazy

Oh man look who's coming back...
      My build in progress
      125gallon Leemar rimless 48x30x20 starphire, 48 Ati Hybrid, Ghl /Apex dos, powered by an Apex, ecotech, tunze for flow,
      Custom sump made by me.
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...ew-Beginning.-.

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have a cad lights 48x30x20, with that being said let me tell you some of the issues i had with the company. I ordered euro-braced because i didn't what to wipe the glass down everyday, when i got there the tank was rimless. I took the tank anyways because i couldn't wait , but now i am kicking myself in the butt. Also, one of the corners does not line up 100 percent, about 1/8 inch higher on one panel. I think that they are great tanks especially because i got starphire glass, but if i were to do it again i would most likely spend my money else where.

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

Leemar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk pro

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jada1 View Post
      Oh man look who's coming back...
      Not yet, my wife isn't as understanding as yours, but I am inspired and jealous as i follow your build on here and RC.
      Last edited by goody; 08-26-2014 at 08:43 AM.

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      I have a cad lights 48x30x20, with that being said let me tell you some of the issues i had with the company. I ordered euro-braced because i didn't what to wipe the glass down everyday, when i got there the tank was rimless. I took the tank anyways because i couldn't wait , but now i am kicking myself in the butt. Also, one of the corners does not line up 100 percent, about 1/8 inch higher on one panel. I think that they are great tanks especially because i got starphire glass, but if i were to do it again i would most likely spend my money else where.
      Thanks for this information. So you recommend eurobracing no matter which company?

what do others think about rimless vs. eurobracing?

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
      Thanks for this information. So you recommend eurobracing no matter which company?

what do others think about rimless vs. eurobracing?
      I recommend euro-bracing because water always splashes on the glass with out it. My vortechs splash and there is salt all around the top of the glass. I would do recessed euro-bracing to avoid this!

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      I recommend euro-bracing because water always splashes on the glass with out it. My vortechs splash and there is salt all around the top of the glass. I would do recessed euro-bracing to avoid this!
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree,
      But rimles is so sexy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk pro

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

CAD Lights Aquariums

I like my sca cube Brian, about time your coming back! DAves deal was unbelievAble. I have the stock stand and sump, but changed up the plumbing and skimmer on mine. I like that it's rimless, but the glass is almost always salty. So is my eurobrace though from dipping my arms in all the time!

Been growing all those frags of sps you gave me so hit me up when you are ready to stock!

Now that I think about it, I got my cube from clear diamond aquariums but I thought they manufactured for sca...

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

I have a 34g cad mini2. I can sell you the tank and stand for the right price. Ill include all livestock, live rock, pls50 skimmer and nr1 reactor. All you would need is a light and powerhead. Tank is only 5 months old. Reason why I want to get rid of is to make room for my new larger system.
      Tank is awesome. Curved front glass and nice footprint I think I spent like 1200 for the tank, skimmer, reactor and real plywood stand. If interested make me an offer. I can include the lighting and powerheads but the price will go up quite a bit. Ati 24"x24w 4 bulb dimmable 3x blue+ 1× purp + and an mp10es as well as a hydor 425 all less than 5 months old. Straight plug and play, no waiting for anything to come in the mail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information