• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: ANYONE who has purchased from MADMAX, please respond

MadMax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

ANYONE who has purchased from MADMAX, please respond

It seems ALOT of misinformation has been spewed upon the boards about us during our days running MAX, and of course that can be expected given the highly competitive nature that existed between RAP and us.

However, having been in this hobby since year 2000, one cannot help but interact with fellow collegues from time to time. In actuality, those times have been quite frequent over the years, sometmes selling things, but most often (FAR more often) involved helping people on their various plumbing projects, acrylic fab, RO/DI builds, etc. etc. and 99% of the time on a volunteer basis. Heck, I can't remember details but I yanked the MAX trailer out of storage and helped someone move an entire saltwater aquarium system from Orange county to Coron a. He made money on the sale, I merely helped out.
      There was a time and place when most of us did this for each other; it was the norm, not the exception.....but I understand the times Things change, not for the better or worse, they just change.

But one thing that does knaw away at you, is misinformation. People wanting to impress other people with the LEAST amount of effort, and what better way to do that than to sit behind a keyboard and tippidy-tap away on some anomynous keyboard?

HENCE MY CHALLENGE TO ALL INVOLVED:
      EVERYONE who has ever dealt with me FACE-TO-FACE on ANYTHING Whatsoever......
      Please pipe in and let us know your experience

Now, I've been out of the loop these past few years there are certainly plenty of experiences prior to 2016 or so. The MAIN Common Denominator, however, that is most perplexing to me is......I cant remember a single negative transaction, trade, or experience in the nearly 20 years of being in this hobby! Now if YOU do remember such a thing happening, I want to hear about it and post here for all to see! I am not talking about MAX business transactions, I'm talking about MADMAX, the hobbyist. My real name is Kevin Adams, btw, as most already know. I want to see if there has EVER been a disgruntled hobbyist in my past.
      Please be honest, that's all I ask.

cshplumber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Uhhh...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fijisrfr is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cshplumber View Post
      Uhhh...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Thanks, I didn’t want to get into it but yeah.....
      Crickets!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kajung2k is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

How come the experiences are just about working with you directly. Why can’t it include people that dealt with you with regards to Max?

Just curious is all...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
      It seems ALOT of misinformation has been spewed upon the boards about us during our days running MAX, and of course that can be expected given the highly competitive nature that existed between RAP and us.

However, having been in this hobby since year 2000, one cannot help but interact with fellow collegues from time to time. In actuality, those times have been quite frequent over the years, sometmes selling things, but most often (FAR more often) involved helping people on their various plumbing projects, acrylic fab, RO/DI builds, etc. etc. and 99% of the time on a volunteer basis. Heck, I can't remember details but I yanked the MAX trailer out of storage and helped someone move an entire saltwater aquarium system from Orange county to Coron a. He made money on the sale, I merely helped out.
      There was a time and place when most of us did this for each other; it was the norm, not the exception.....but I understand the times Things change, not for the better or worse, they just change.

But one thing that does knaw away at you, is misinformation. People wanting to impress other people with the LEAST amount of effort, and what better way to do that than to sit behind a keyboard and tippidy-tap away on some anomynous keyboard?

HENCE MY CHALLENGE TO ALL INVOLVED:
      EVERYONE who has ever dealt with me FACE-TO-FACE on ANYTHING Whatsoever......
      Please pipe in and let us know your experience

Now, I've been out of the loop these past few years there are certainly plenty of experiences prior to 2016 or so. The MAIN Common Denominator, however, that is most perplexing to me is......I cant remember a single negative transaction, trade, or experience in the nearly 20 years of being in this hobby! Now if YOU do remember such a thing happening, I want to hear about it and post here for all to see! I am not talking about MAX business transactions, I'm talking about MADMAX, the hobbyist. My real name is Kevin Adams, btw, as most already know. I want to see if there has EVER been a disgruntled hobbyist in my past.
      Please be honest, that's all I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by kajung2k; 03-28-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by kajung2k View Post
      How come the experiences are just about working with you directly. Why can’t it include people that dealt with you with regards to Max?

Just curious is all...

Because those two things are completely different/independant subjects....somewhat like asking: why don't I have dinner with both my family and my work collegues? If people want to talk about MAX, I am all for it, but that would require a thread of its own.

Evidently the first two posters above don't quite "get it" as their posts (contrary to their intent) support my intended point beautifully.
      Last edited by MadMax; 03-29-2019 at 10:06 AM.

cshplumber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

It’s just crickets dude. Nothing to “not quite get”. Only intent was that this post was pretty quiet cuz (and this is of course just my personal opinion) nobody wants to fight with you.
      Last edited by cshplumber; 03-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
      Did you not interact with hobbiest as well as "colleagues" when running MAX?
      People who revere thier "online popularity" most are quite often the least that can be trusted in real life.
      Those who've bantered back and forth with me on a keyboard is rather pointless (whether it be hobbyists or business) as they wouldn't know anything more about me than a hole-in-the-wall. My post queries people who have tangible experience with MadMax, not indirect or passive hearsay. Unfortunately, We've become such a lazy society that seems to be the extent of our qualitative experience...through social media, forums, and other intangibles. I ask of you, what is more valuable? The person who gives you a dollar or the person who claims to have given millions of dollars?
      Last edited by MadMax; 03-29-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cshplumber View Post
      It’s just crickets dude. No to not quite get. Only intent was that this post was pretty quiet cuz (and this is of course just my personal opinion) nobody wants to fight with you.
      well, first let me admit that this is really a pointless thread (now that I rethink this thing)
      I am trying to confirm something that I already know: that i have not ever had a negative transaction with another hobbyist in my lifetime (not even so much as a misunderstanding) As unbelievable as that may seem, it is what it is. Now what do I do with this information? (sigh) nothing. and to be even more fair and perfectly honest, sdreefs is too limited in scope in which to develop anything even close to accurate, so ........ah hell, (walks into corner) I'll shut up now
      Last edited by MadMax; 03-29-2019 at 11:05 AM.

dizzyjay is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Just a thought... maybe a new screen name that doesn’t have “mad” or MAX in it? Never dealt with you directly and putting on a show has gotta stressful- I wouldn’t want to be judged based on my most stressful moments. maybe just a reboot is all ya need. That road case you have with those frag tanks is slick- if the timing was better I would’ve been on it (glws)
      Last edited by dizzyjay; 03-29-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Emc is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever. What I do know from the short time I’ve spent on this forum, is that anytime I’ve seen someone’s integrity come into question, at least a handful of people if not more will chime in with positive feedback. I don’t see how you feel the crickets is vindicating you in any way. I’d assume the opposite from my forum experience

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I can say that I have had positive personal experiences with Kevin on multiple occasions. When I was deployed I was in the middle of a divorce and my ex-wife let my tank livestock die off one by one. As a response I had to give all my livestock away to a member on this forum, so that it wouldn't all die a terrible death as a result of my ex's hostility.

Kevin reached out to me because he knew I was in distress for obvious reasons. Some of you guys might not know but he ran a show called Marine Aquarium Expo, which I enjoyed because it was another opportunity for me to immerse myself in the hobby that I love (regardless of the critics and negativity of its size and lack of profit for venders). My son won the "float your boat race" as well, haha. This show had a center tank called the "touch tank" for kids to pick up sea stars and such, to get them involved while the parents shop. Kevin gave me free tickets to the show for my entire family when I returned from deployment, and allowed me to come to the breakdown of the show and pick out FREE livestock from the center tank to help heal my mental wounds from deployment. This was a class act in my personal opinion! Furthermore, I have been to his house to purchase various things and he broke out his extra random plumbing parts to help me figure out an issue I had because I couldn't find a specific part, which he gave me the parts and info that I needed to complete the project. This is another act that could have easily been overlooked or ignored by a seller because many humans are focus on personal benefit. He spent time and valued product to help another in need without compensation.

With that being said (Directed towards Kevin), I think that the way you respond or handle yourself online is borderline abrasive, which might be why you get the responses you do. This is in no way a cheapshot at yourself, a mere observation... I will give one example so that I don't keep ranting. Your "LIMITED TIME OFFER" sales tactics are ridiculous and clearly don't work. I am guilty of this myself until I realized it was a poor tactic, I realized that it was better to just post what I have and if it doesn't sell, that's life. Figure out a plan B (Change the price or offer trades). I am not going to get into the other things that people see as "personality flaws" because I understand how perception is relative to one's life experience and education. In the end you must do what makes you proud of the person you are and dismiss others opinions, without giving them an irrational emotional response (a skill I am refining throughout life).

Wish you the best in life bud, Cheers!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Keepswimming - those are kind words and it’s nice he was around to help you out. Though ... we probably should remove 1/2 of your “testimony” bc it had to do with the MAX show/business side.

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      I can say that I have had positive personal experiences with Kevin on multiple occasions. When I was deployed I was in the middle of a divorce and my ex-wife let my tank livestock die off one by one. As a response I had to give all my livestock away to a member on this forum, so that it wouldn't all die a terrible death as a result of my ex's hostility.

Kevin reached out to me because he knew I was in distress for obvious reasons. Some of you guys might not know but he ran a show called Marine Aquarium Expo, which I enjoyed because it was another opportunity for me to immerse myself in the hobby that I love (regardless of the critics and negativity of its size and lack of profit for venders). My son won the "float your boat race" as well, haha. This show had a center tank called the "touch tank" for kids to pick up sea stars and such, to get them involved while the parents shop. Kevin gave me free tickets to the show for my entire family when I returned from deployment, and allowed me to come to the breakdown of the show and pick out FREE livestock from the center tank to help heal my mental wounds from deployment. This was a class act in my personal opinion! Furthermore, I have been to his house to purchase various things and he broke out his extra random plumbing parts to help me figure out an issue I had because I couldn't find a specific part, which he gave me the parts and info that I needed to complete the project. This is another act that could have easily been overlooked or ignored by a seller because many humans are focus on personal benefit. He spent time and valued product to help another in need without compensation.

With that being said (Directed towards Kevin), I think that the way you respond or handle yourself online is borderline abrasive, which might be why you get the responses you do. This is in no way a cheapshot at yourself, a mere observation... I will give one example so that I don't keep ranting. Your "LIMITED TIME OFFER" sales tactics are ridiculous and clearly don't work. I am guilty of this myself until I realized it was a poor tactic, I realized that it was better to just post what I have and if it doesn't sell, that's life. Figure out a plan B (Change the price or offer trades). I am not going to get into the other things that people see as "personality flaws" because I understand how perception is relative to one's life experience and education. In the end you must do what makes you proud of the person you are and dismiss others opinions, without giving them an irrational emotional response (a skill I am refining throughout life).

Wish you the best in life bud, Cheers!

keepswimming is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by kajung2k View Post
      Keepswimming - those are kind words and it’s nice he was around to help you out. Though ... we probably should remove 1/2 of your “testimony” bc it had to do with the MAX show/business side.

The definition of "business"- the practice of making one's living by engaging in commerce. In my experience noted above there was no commerce, thus no business. He could have sold the fish but instead gave them to me. Your comment must be personal and have nothing to do with my "Testimony"...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I will say it again. It was awfully nice for him to do that for you. Glad he was there for you in your time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by keepswimming View Post
      The definition of "business"- the practice of making one's living by engaging in commerce. In my experience noted above there was no commerce, thus no business. He could have sold the fish but instead gave them to me. Your comment must be personal and have nothing to do with my "Testimony"...

Last edited by kajung2k; 03-29-2019 at 02:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information