• Sneaky
  • Tired

Thread: Mimic Octopus at OG

Flamehawk is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Mimic Octopus at OG

Was at OG today, Ron got one Mimic Octopus in the store. That octopus is so cool, you guys got to go check it out.

I would of take it home, but the price tag is too high for me.

suver569 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yea, that thing was badass. They had a book on all of the animals that it mimic's. I've never seen anything like that.

Reefer Addict is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Is there such a thing as the 'mimic octopus police'? Check out the cons at the end of the article...

http://www.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/mimic.html

suver569 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yea, I hope ron doesn't sell it to some joe schmoe, and gets it into a good tank.

They seem like something for an extremly experienced person.

I wouldnt attempt to keep it by any means.

wrx777 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

wow, sounds cool! i'll probably go down and check it out. won't buy it, I have no idea how to care for an octo but think it'd be cool! my friend who I got my tank from originally got a tank because he wanted an octopus, but got a cuttlefish instead, which was awesome too

just out of curiosity, how much does it cost?

~Lenny

GeeOh is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

ESP-N Sky----> Baby! Sky--->Now livin' in Palm Desert/Palm Springs area
      I was told about $500.00. I was gonna get a flatworm eating nubi, but was priced $20 something a piece. Even AW sells them for $12.00 so I passed. They did have some cool looking Nass snails wid white shells. Very diff, than the $0.20 one over the net. But at $2.00 a pop, once again I passed.

Picked up a really strange looking shroom. $10.00 wid a giant piece of lr. That was way good buy. All in all, Ron is getting more exotic pieces in, he knows what we like. Just sometimes stuff ain't gonna be cheap. He's told me how low profit margins for live stuff already are when U have a store front and I believe him. Its a tough business to run a LFS. Thats why so many business go net. They can pay $1.25sq ft whereas LFS have to pay $5.00 a sq ft. Internet sights pay for employees to ship stuff, then they're done. LFS pay for all their employees whether or not something is sold the entire day.

I don't complain about LFS prices cuz without them I really wouldn't be as into this hobby as I am. Just imagine never being able to walk into a LFS and being able to "really see" any of the things we buy. We wouldn't have a place to meet to exchange frags and of course, there wouldn't be as many people into the hobby.

I just had to vent cuz everyone always knocks all the stores one way or another. Every store has its ups and downs, its good and its bad employees. If U go into a store and receive bad CS, then tell the management, help them improve their storefront, lets help them succeed. Without them, how many of us would be in this hobby to start with?
      Last edited by GeeOh; 04-30-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Reefer Addict is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Originally posted by GeeOh
      .....Its a tough business to run a LFS. Thats why so many business go net. They can pay $1.25sq ft whereas LFS have to pay $5.00 a sq ft. Internet sights pay for employees to ship stuff, then they're done. LFS pay for all their employees whether or not something is sold the entire day.

I don't complain about LFS prices cuz without them I really wouldn't be as into this hobby as I am. Just imagine never being able to walk into a LFS and being able to "really see" any of the things we buy. We wouldn't have a place to meet to exchange frags and of course, there wouldn't be as many people into the hobby.

I just had to vent cuz everyone always knocks all the stores one way or another. Every store has its ups and downs, its good and its bad employees. If U go into a store and receive bad CS, then tell the management, help them improve their storefront, lets help them succeed. Without them, how many of us would be in this hobby to start with?
      You my friend live in the real world. There are plus and minuses in everything. It is good to see that someone understands that the 'real world', at least as it relates to LFS's is not perfect. I personally have never been to a LFS that has been 100% perfect 100% all of the time...

The_Gryphon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That Mimic is awesome! Checked it out today. Yep, price tag is $500.00. BTW, everyone who said Ron was a great guy wasn't lying. Now Vets Pets and OG are my places to go. Still like going to AW to browse around for stuff I can ask Vets Pets or OG to order for me or even a local reefer .

peterluber is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

mimic octopi are awesome, but they won't mimic in your tank, you won't see them much, they require a large tank, they're incredibly expensive, and nobody seems to be able to keep them alive. i think they are just one of those creatures best left in the ocean. if you want an octo, there are definitely others you can go for. like a blue-ringed... NOT!

some guy on RC has blue-ringeds though. id be scared to go to his house.

Flamehawk is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

octopus is sold. I was at OG today got some nice things came in today.

I was told that someone bought the Octopus and will pick it up in next few days.

I wonder if that person is on this forum. If you are, please post some pictures and keep us updated.

good luck, whoever you are.

Thread Information