• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reefers for hire? RKL setup help NEEDED!

Jhuneke is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Exclamation Reefers for hire? RKL setup help NEEDED!

Ok..so I got the RKL.. and after spending the better part of the day trying to figure this out and going through countless threads online.. I am now admitting DEFEAT! Anybody know the ropes with these controllers and willing to come help? (Disclosure: I am in Murrieta, north of Temecula an exit) I am only in need of setting up my lights and dosers right now. Aside from my PROFOUND gratitude, I can offer a $20 ASD card, a 12pk. of IPA ( or beer of your choosing lol..but hey who doesn't love IPA?) and fabulous reef karma for many moons to come! .. ~ Thanks for looking.
      Jami

echoreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The first step is to download myReef 2.0 to your computer and upgrade your firmware. You can find the download link at the bottom of the page once you click below. Start there and see how far you can get.

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/news/myReef2

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

Is the system new? If so, where did you buy it? Also, where are you running into problems? Often a quick phone call can solve any sticking points that you have and can't seem to get through. I beta test DA controllers so needless to say I have quite a bit of experience with them. Let me know if you would like some phone support. I would be happy to drive up there to help, but I am busy with work for the next couple of weeks. Talking you through some things on the phone is pretty easy though.

BTW...the myReef software download is on the support forum, found here:

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com...hp?f=88&t=7885

Note: You must register as a user on the support forum and be logged in to see the download.
      Last edited by DaveMorris; 03-07-2013 at 06:00 PM.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Ok.. Thanks guys I got the download completed and got thru setting up channel 2 and 3 for my lights on timer.. now I am stuck on the pumps( other).. cannot find how to set timer for my dosers.. Also.. while in this setup mode, attached to the computer /myreef site.. is it ok to shut this down (unit and website) and come back to it later..or do I have to leave it all plugged into usb until completely finished..I don't know if it is all done saving,since haven't got thru all channels yet. Sorry if these ?s are goofy.. This just has me fried now!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks Dave I may have to take you up on that.. This SUX! The "Chick suck at techno Gene" is strong with me! lol the unit is one I picked up gently used here on the forum..
      Quote Originally Posted by DaveMorris View Post
      Is the system new? If so, where did you buy it? Also, where are you running into problems? Often a quick phone call can solve any sticking points that you have and can't seem to get through. I beta test DA controllers so needless to say I have quite a bit of experience with them. Let me know if you would like some phone support. I would be happy to drive up there to help, but I am busy with work for the next couple of weeks. Talking you through some things on the phone is pretty easy though.

BTW...the myReef software download is on the support forum, found here:

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com...hp?f=88&t=7885

Note: You must register as a user on the support forum and be logged in to see the download.

rudy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Hey Jami.
      Sorry I wasn't much help in explaining how it works.
      If you have any trouble with it functioning for you or you just get over it. I'll give you your money back. But I know you'll love it once it's set up.

sending PM
      Last edited by rudy; 03-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Not at all Rudy.. for the great deal .. you could have chucked it in my open car window, and I woulda yelled "Thanks! " and drove away happy! plus, it's just alot to absorb at once! lol
      Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
      Hey Jami.
      Sorry I wasn't much help in explaining how it works.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

I think I have it set up.. (ya right!) anyway.. it appears that the timers are all set when I open them on myreefs.. and they are all set to auto. However..on the home page for myreefs the channel one value is "on", and all others are off. I don't understand, beacause the timer assigned to that channel is not currently active ..and it is still "On". Any ideas what's going on?

I am:
      Tired

How do you have channel one programmed? You should be setting it up as a CONTROLLER channel. Part of the programming includes setting the channel to ON, OFF, or AUTO. It should be set to AUTO.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

I have it set as Multi Timer , so it can dose twice a day for 15 minutes... and I kept going back and confirming it is set to auto, like the others, but when in main channels menu on my reef it is listed as "on".I have ch4 set up same way and it said off.. of course i went to bed pissed, and woke up to check this morning and it is set to off NOW! WTH? lol Just to remove the chance that I am brain damaged.. I have it set for : 07:00:00AM/ for 00:11:00.. and again on timer2 for : 12:00:00PM / for 00:11:00 , to have it go on at 7am for 11 minutes.. and again at noon for 11 minutes am I missing something? I did not set OFF Duration time.. cause frankly..I have no idea why I need it! lol

I am:
      Tired

It sounds like you have it programmed correctly, but just in case, here is how the channel should be set up:

Here is how you would set up the two timers:

You are correct that you do not need to put in an OFF DURATION unless you are using the OSCILLATE or REPEAT functions. Keep in mind that the timers start counting at 12:00am, so when you make changes to them you have to change the system clock to reflect it going past 12am in order to see if the timer is working the way you want it to. Let me know if you have other questions or if we need to troubleshoot further on your timers.
      Last edited by DaveMorris; 03-08-2013 at 12:49 PM.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Looks like I have the right setting then .. thanks so much Dave! Maybe it was not reflecting on myreef because I did not change the clock? Went to bed like 11pm.. and in the morning it was correct.. so that would make sense! Now i set my dosers up on ch 1 and 4.. because I have heard of dosers not drawing enough power on 2 and 4 , and may get stuck in on position.. I am good on ch 1 and 4 right?

I am:
      Tired

The problems with small pumps like dosers and Hydor powerheads on channels 2 and 3 is actually a problem with how those pumps are designed, not a problem with the controller. It is because of the solid state triac style relays that are on those channels. The Apex has the same issue on some of the outlets where they use the same style of relay.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Hi Dave..one more question if you would be so kind. I have installed the rkl..although did not program anywhere for the itemp, since I would be using all 4 channels on lights and pumps.. Is it possible to use it as just a thermometer..and have it display temp on home screen of head unit? I have it on now and calibrated , but can't figure out how to have it on display, only available when you scroll into menu. Head unit only has date / time and Cal Off (or Standby if I hit back)..Also the module 1 light is always on..what is that? Thanks in advance.. AGAIN!
      J

I am:
      Tired

The only way to get the iTemp to display on the head unit is to scroll down to it. It should stay there until you hit another key. The four small lights on the head unit represent the four possible modules you can connect. So if you only have one module hooked up, only one light will be on. With four modules hooked up, all four will be lit. It is always on.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information