• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Chinese LEDs Evergrow I T 120

Sancho is offline Registered User
      My status is: yo mama

I am:
      Piratey

Chinese LEDs Evergrow I T 120

http://evergrowlighting.com I am building a new tank and need some new lighting. I was have been looking at many different products. The i touch 120 seems to have really nice features and I haven't seen any bad reviews of these lights. I have never put together a group buy and am looking to see if there is any interest in these LEDs. The price point seems to be $160 to $250. Let me know if anyone has purchased these or has dealt with this manufacturer.

bradreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have felt with them. They were good. 6 months ago I would have been in. The it line looks great

EyeReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Im in for 3 units if there is going to be a group buy

I am:
      Piratey

i am putting it together right now will have more info in the morning

I am:
      Piratey

they claim to be able to to customize the leds with multiple colors.

I am:
      Piratey

i am going to order a demo unit and will post pics when it arrives.

d-man is offline Registered User
      My status is: Just snorkeling in my tank

I am:
      Amused

I have 3 of their d120 units and like them. 2are custom colors and 1 is blue/white. They have all grown sps for me no prob

ReefTank123 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

We have worked with at least a dozen fixture builders from Shenzhen.
      PM if you would like to discuss the issues that we experienced.

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
      http://evergrowlighting.com I am building a new tank and need some new lighting. I was have been looking at many different products. The i touch 120 seems to have really nice features and I haven't seen any bad reviews of these lights. I have never put together a group buy and am looking to see if there is any interest in these LEDs. The price point seems to be $160 to $250. Let me know if anyone has purchased these or has dealt with this manufacturer.
      Sancho....
      I see you've been busy, looking at different LEDs for your tank. From your PM to me, I thought you might be interested in PENDANT lighting. However, I never got a PM reply from you... so, I'm not sure what happened.

Either way, EVERGROW is a stand up company. They sell a great product, and package it VERY well. When it comes to warranty, every company has their issues... You get drug through the mud trying to prove to them that your item failed or is failing. Some companies, once you establish trust... don't require so much proof, but that's after quite a bit of sales.

The light your requesting information about is pretty much the standard LED fixture, yet with a NEW timer design. The new timer is one that allows a sunrise/sunset type control over your LEDs. More or less... a fancy way to slowly raise intensity (gradually) until 100% brightness is achieved. The same process goes for dimming them down at "sunset". I have zero experience with the new timer they sell. However, I have LOTS of experience with gradual dimmable timers and will never go down that road again. Your corals don't care if the lights come on gradual or not. Once they get used to the light cycle there's no other reason to simulate dawn or dusk. Fish on the other hand don't like to be spooked, but they too seem to get acclimated to the on/off of overhead lighting (just as they did with other non-led lights).

You'll be paying about $80+ more for LED lighting, JUST to have the gradual timer (per light). If it's that important to you... by all means, go for it. If not, save yourself a few bucks (and future hair pulling) and use the KISS method. It's what I've come to know, as being the best way to handle LED lighting (or most things for that matter).

The offer is there if you'd like to come see my 120W pendants. They offer the best shimmer, are dimmable, are 3 color yet allow you to change the output color dramatically. Dimming each color individually and can turn them on/off individually, or even running a random mode... strobe mode.... etc. etc. All by remote control. They are silent (no fans), and need no maintenance (no need to ever worry about water splash or moisture into the unit). They are splashproof and to a point water proof. They also come with electronic timers that allow you to turn on 60W of light or 120W at different times of day, or week. Just an amazing light that I'm super happy to obtain for anyone "in the need".

Lots of info in this thread;
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...394#post663394

And, the light your asking about is on their (other) website too;
      http://www.ledgrowlights.cn/detail.asp?id=320

Either way... good luck in your search!!
      Last edited by JohnnyAirtime; 01-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.

RickSee is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I wouldn't order anything from a website that has a bunch of miss spelled words. Thats the first sign of a bogus site.

I am:
      Piratey

more intrest is needed in order to meet that price point. With shipping on a small order pushes the price to way over $300 that was not my goal. if we can get 10 to 20 people interested in serious orders that is the only way I can get them at the price point I was shooting for.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information