• Tired
  • Closed Thread

Thread: Wow! Flakes!!!

GrandeGixxer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wow! Flakes!!!

I'm not sure if it's even worth doing anymore transactions on here! From people keeping me waiting at my house for 3 hours to check out my tanks, then make a lowball offer and leave empty handed. Then one guy, I agreed to meet halfway, had an agreed upon price, then tried to lowball me during the transaction. Now I'm sitting here trying to meet with a guy, been waiting almost an hour now. He has my number, wouldn't give me his, won't respond to pm's. I have 3 lowballers saved in my phone and 2 flakes. I totally understand the frustration of many on here.

I have also had some really good transactions as well, they are clouded right now by the jerk offs.

Rant over, do it right and don't be a douche people!!

jmoney619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
      I'm not sure if it's even worth doing anymore transactions on here! From people keeping me waiting at my house for 3 hours to check out my tanks, then make a lowball offer and leave empty handed. Then one guy, I agreed to meet halfway, had an agreed upon price, then tried to lowball me during the transaction. Now I'm sitting here trying to meet with a guy, been waiting almost an hour now. He has my number, wouldn't give me his, won't respond to pm's. I have 3 lowballers saved in my phone and 2 flakes. I totally understand the frustration of many on here.

I have also had some really good transactions as well, they are clouded right now by the jerk offs.

Rant over, do it right and don't be a douche people!!
      You may want to require a deposit or full payment via PayPal as a gift. This seems to work for me for those you haven't dealt with before.

Duke4130 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yea I know your pain. That same kind of **** happened a lot to me in the past... Then after I started buying and selling more you will start to see what kind of people you are dealing with. you will be able to weed out the good from the bad...lol. Also a good thing to do is look at there profile and see how long they have been a member and how many posts they have. That will help you so understand if they are a more credible person on the site... It still happens once in a while that is part of selling
      Last edited by Duke4130; 12-31-2012 at 03:29 PM.

1904mike is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Selling stuff and dealing with flakes goes hand in hand.
      I've sold a bunch of stuff online and that is one of the thing that bothers me the most.

However I don't agree with someone being more creditable just cause they've been on the site a long time.
      Post count and join date don't really mean anything when it comes to a flake.
      In reality it just comes down to who is a man of their word and who isn't.
      I've bought 3 things on this forum since I joined and thankfully one of the members trusted my word when I asked him to hold the item for 3 days since our schedules didn't line up for a few days.

GrandeGixxer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ya, I agree on all counts. Still pretty upset that I wasted 3 hours and probably $20 in gas to buy something from someone and then they can't even answer a pm while I'm waiting for them for an hour at the meeting point! Still hasn't pmed or texted me about it. I hope he doesn't do his next buyer the same.

SDRMod is offline Site Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

This is what user feedback is for. Please leave feedback for that specific user (just name them) if they already have a thread started post on that thread. If not, start one.

I'm going to close this thread now.
      Last edited by Yolo; 12-31-2012 at 05:01 PM.
      San Diego Reefs Moderator

Closed Thread

Thread Information