• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideas to make my RBTA move on its own?

anothereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ideas to make my RBTA move on its own?

So redid my aquascape on Sunday along with a water change cause I wanted to make a beach like area on the sand bed and also a place for certain corals to NOT get knocked I've by my turbo...anyways!..I have a RBTA that was on a certain live rock that I rotated upwards and had him out in the open which I already knew it was gonna move..But now when it's opened up fully he's actually covering and touch my devils hand...what can I do short of moving the rock again?..Can I point a power head towards it and cross my fingers?..TIA..

ed
      here's what's goin on...
      Last edited by anothereefer; 11-09-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added pic

dunners is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ya that's what I would do just make sure its not too much of a water flow that would hurt it but enough to were it wants to move

jada1 is offline SDMAS STAFF
      My status is: chill

I am:
      Crazy

Maybe u can move.the devils hand cuz.that nem looks very happy where It's at
      My build in progress
      125gallon Leemar rimless 48x30x20 starphire, 48 Ati Hybrid, Ghl /Apex dos, powered by an Apex, ecotech, tunze for flow,
      Custom sump made by me.
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...ew-Beginning.-.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

I think I would want it a little bit farther from that powerhead, and yes, pointing that PH should make it move.
      It does look pretty and healthy, but it was in a different location.
      It could even move on it's own w/out doing anything in seeking similar location to what it was in before.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I'm gonna try the ph..I won't use the K2 sitting there. I have a rio10 that I'll use. I'd move the leather except its actually attached to where it's sits now..I didn't put them on plugs before hand.
      @dave..that's pretty much the general location the nems been since the day I put it in my tank..It's doubled in size since then as well..and it's as sticky as my sebae..

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Ah, well if that is where it likes to be maybe leave it and move the PH a little bit away from it?
      You can usually remove a leather pretty easy, once you start to peel the base they usually pull off fairly easy, if you wish to do that.
      No matter what nems will decide where they end up.
      If you have more than one species, make sure to run carbon, and if that Sebae is a H.Crispa(most common) expect it to get pretty big, just FYI.

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

Give it the stink eye!

I would spin the rock where you want it and ixnay the turbo also
      Last edited by Bogg; 11-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Jhuneke is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

I just rescaped my whole tank, and finally decided to move one of my Nems, to get the rock turned over. I literally just sprayed ice cold R/O at his foot, and once he got all shriveled up, I kind of firmly rubbed around it's foot at the base. Took about a 3 min. and he popped right off! Now my prob is getting him to stay put elsewhere! lol had to move him again this morning , since he took a midnight stroll behind a big rock! good luck, That is just a beautiful Nem you have! If it gets too pissed at you and splits...hit me up if u wanna sell a clone! haha

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

so far he's still in the same spot..I have a rio10 pointing in his local direction and all it's done was just not come out as much..and tucks away earlier at night..I don't wanna force move like mentioned as to not over stress hi
      and risk a nem smoothie JIC...
      @ Ryan...hahahaha!!!..tried bro..even said cuss words, threw up gang signs and attempted mortar fire..so far he's staying put...
      @Mrdave..that koralia is actually pointing upwards so I can break the surface water a little better..the RBTA is I love with THAT particular spot?!..I jus might have to pull up the leathers..as far as the sebae..Aware of the size it'll get. When I first got it he was kind of bleached..(got it from a member here) It's been about 3 months and it's nice a tan brown now..At first I thought it was a Malu just cause it has really short tentacles..that get darker in color sometimes..but I'm sure it's the crispa..So far it seems healthy. takes frozen food well and stays open night and day..definitely likes the corner as usual.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Well the power head trick worked so far...RBTA is till on the same rock but more to the left now...I just pointed the rio10 in a different direction to see if he'll go back..but so far so good..hopefully it'll come out more so he can get some tastey morsels for din din!..lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information