• + Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted China Wrasse

Brosenberg83 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wink Wanted China Wrasse

Hey everyone.

I bought a china wrasse a couple months ago and fell in love. Unfortunately my 6 line didn't share the same opinion. I removed the 6 line but not before the china wrasse was too stressed to eat... Unfortunately the china died. I'm now looking for another one!! One that has been established as a healthy eater. Apparently stores do not carry this type of wrasse often because they are extremely fragile in transport... and those who survive transport aren't often good eaters....

If you have one or know of someone with a healthy china wrasse looking to sell it to a new home please hit me up!!!!

Thank you!!

Octoman4 is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

shipwreck cove i think had one
      120 gallon. I throw money at it, and it grows colorful sticks.

50 cube is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

It pains me to say this but I have seen them at reef dreams but I don't know if they're still in business.

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Good luck with your hunt. I have tried 2 unfortunately unsuccessful and 1 was eating everything I put in the tank with the exception of pellets. It is going to be hard to find one from a hobbiest that has had one for awhile due to their very unsuccessful survival rate.

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Early last yr I happened on one at petco, them not knowing what it was grabbed it for $20, dropped it in my reef where it ate mysis, prawn eggs, etc, and feasted on pods in the tank... Read a website that listed them as non reef safe, scared I grabbed him out and put him in my FOWLR, where he stayed until one day I found him dried out on the floor. Jumper, likely chased by triggers... This as you know was a very sad day as he was one of my first fish when I got back in the hobby. I began an immediate search to replace him. As my search went I found much of the same info as you've found. Rare, hard to acclimate, hard to keep, Much like the leopard wrasses. Using this information I was able to find one at pet kingdom along with a couple leopard wrasses, which I love leopard wrasses. I bought the whole trio, to help with the acclimation process and adjustment to new tank and new tank mates. I drip acclimated them and put them in my fuge/sump, to keep a close eye on them, easier access to feed and no threats from tank mates while they adjust. I left them there for about 2-3 months and got them feeding strong. Then added them in the evening, to decrease stress from other fish. And now they are all happy and healthy in my reef for about the last 4 months... All this being said I know shipwreck cove has had multiple, I know pet kingdom has had them, I would try those two first. As far as keeping them, if possible by in a group, be sure to have a deeper sand bed, and try to eliminate unnecessary stress, as with all fish.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information