• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: first time experience at vets pets

rodbuster229 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Chillin

I am:
      Hungry

You can also go on Tuesdays around 4 maybe 5 and get first pic of whatever they get from LA with a discount

scubasteve is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Chillin and helpful

I am:
      Cool

+1 on Tuesdays! It's like fish xmas! Lol! Plus you can get an "in the bag" deal where the price is cheaper! Cris is great too- cuz he will listen to what setup you have- and won't try and sell you something you shouldn't get. Lol. He was awesome when he got me my Tessalata on special order- only took a week to get it!

Vets Pets is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Oh wow, I can't believe it took us so long to see this thread!

Thank you all for the kind words! It really means a lot that so many hobbyists think so highly of what we do at Vets Pets!

The constructive criticism will be taken to heart when it comes to holds. I think most of the replies explained why we do holds the way we do, though we understand completely that it can be frustrating (and yes, we could make a better profit if we sold on a first-come-first-serve basis). As the later posts said, coming in on Tuesday evenings will net you a nice in-bag discount! Wednesdays will usually give you first pick of most of the specimens as well. I hope that helps and that you will give us another chance!

jmoney619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

This store is great. I knocked on the door after hours as Chris was acclimating a new shipment of fish. I needed a much-needed Maggie muffler for my family's comfort. Chris nicely opened the store so I could make a quick Maggie purchase. Thanks Chris and Vets Pets. I frequented this store when it was originally in the strip mall in the 90's.

apax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

my 2nd visit was an awesome experience again.... chris and ashley are awesome people.. i requested the large angel WITH streamer and he got it within 2 days... i also saw that they care about the fishes and community more then just another LFS thats in for the money.... you guys must give them a chance and talk to them also to see what i'm talking about... GREAT fish store.. 1 of the best i've been to and i've been to ALL the SD/OC/LA stores..

BTW, i was there last night and they got a full stock of healthy looking fishes....

pointblank is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Navyaero View Post
      I have to disagree while I like the store their business model is horrible I went in there and all the good fish were on hold and Maybe someone might come back for them on the other hand there I sit with cash in hand and I can't buy anything because it is all on hold I don't think I will go back because of that
      Well if a lot of there fish are on hold that means they have a lot of happy customers that like there product, service, and policy. When ever I go if they don't have the fish I want he will get it for me.

apax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

TRUE... he got me my XL angelfish in 2 days.... =) and it was a hard request ....

brianth3lion is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I guess the on hold model can go both ways. Chris held an achilles tang for me for one day. Something came up and I couldn't make it in that day. I told him I'd come in first thing in the morning and he said sure, I'll hold it still. I came in the next morning and bought the fish. I just shows Chris and his staff really care about the customer and makes me coming back for their dedication to customer service. +1 on quality fish. Anyways, he held the achilles tang in his tank for a week after I bought it while I got my qt tank set up at no extra charge. From my understanding, their holding policy is to hold a fish till the end of the day.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information