• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: 220W Multichip LED Cooler

ronreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Group Buy: 220W Multichip LED Cooler

Dream Chip Group Buy II is happening now.
      PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30% off this 220W Multichip Panel LED cooler:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=271051176895
      Price does not include shipping. Shipping is 13.29USD per unit. Each unit ordered will be shipped out individually.

Please inquire before committing.

For those that have my email, please email me your name, paypal email address and qty.
      For those that don't, please PM the information.
      I will put you on the group buy list.

This group buy window will be open long enough for the Dream Chip build to complete.
      AC-RC mentioned that these coolers will ship separately from the dream chip shipment.
      I will update with more shipping details when I learn more. Stay tuned.

Will fit all standard AC-RC 50W, 60W and 100W multichip panels.

Serious buyers only.

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited by ronreef; 10-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.

gtfcniles is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Seams a little expensive to me Ron, am I missing something?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeah, maybe on the higher side of coolers prices.

Ron

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I would have bought 3 of these had they been more reasonable, but considering that I can get these:

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cp...ro.html?c=2181

For about $35 delivered each, this would be nearer double that posted which is a shame.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by gtfcniles View Post
      I would have bought 3 of these had they been more reasonable, but considering that I can get these:

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cp...ro.html?c=2181

For about $35 delivered each, this would be nearer double that posted which is a shame.
      I understand your concern with pricing. They aren't cheap. The only problem I see with the Arctic Cooling solution is that
      the contact area is very small. Not large enough to make whole contact with the backside of the 100W multichip panels.
      It could affect warranty.

I like the AC-RC coolers because they are low profile and would look good over a rimless tank if mounted correctly.

Ron

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeh, I think i'm going to have to mount aluminium between the cooler and LED.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by gtfcniles View Post
      Yeh, I think i'm going to have to mount aluminium between the cooler and LED.
      You would have to come up with a solution to increase the area of the Arctic Cooling coolers and also bolt them down to create solid contact.
      I like Arctic Cooling coolers. They look very sharp over a rimless tank, but they are not exactly made to properly hold a Multichip LED panel out of the box.
      I toyed with the idea of modifying the Arctic Cooling solution to make it work properly with the Multichip panel, but AC-RC has provided the solution for me.
      Yes, a bit pricey, but the 30% off does help.

Ron

tentacles is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Not to hijack too much farther but a copper plate between would work MUCH better than aluminum, especially considering that common alloys are not so great at heat conduction. (http://aluminium.matter.org.uk/conte...eid=2144416529) "Pure Cu offers thermal conductivity up to 1.5 times higher than aluminium, with comparable strength. On these properties, some Cu alloys overlap with the Al alloys. Standard Cu alloys (e.g. brass) have similar strengths but their thermal conductivities are typically 1.5-2 times lower than 1000 or 3000 series Al alloys (due to the high Zn content of brass). All other metals (except silver!) have much lower thermal conductivity"

Consider with that quote that common aluminum alloys are maybe 70-80% of the conductivity of the specialized thermal alloys in the chart.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The cooler adapter being offered on the new cooler is made with 3.0W/m-k aluminum. It has very high thermal dissipation properties, and is a more expensive type of Aluminium based material. The multichip panel needs the adapter to conduct the heat away smoothly. Without it, even with high quality thermal grease, the LED multichip panel cannot be kept cool properly.

007Bond is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

157f is that cool enough? What temp is to high? Also any ideas on mounting, are there brackets that extend? I don't see anything?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Looking at that i'm not sure how they have drilled it without going through the heatpipes...

007Bond is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

There is a separate plate that you attach the chip to and then attach the plate to the cooler. You can see it in the 5th picture lower right side of cooler

Bingles is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That Freezer 13 PRO does have a small contact area but the price is right for a mod. If someone contacted the company they might make a larger plate to put on it. You can see the in one of the pictures the copper plate unbolts and comes off the heat pipes with 2 screws. If we all bought 50 of these I am sure they would do it. If not a machine shop could mill the 4 half round spots that the heat pipes contact the copper plate for a low prices. The AR solution is ok but it also is just a modified current product, one adapter plate added. Take a look at the pictures for the Freezer 13 PRO, I am almost positive that copy plate that sits on the "much smaller" intel processor comes off with 2 bolts shown.
      $35 delivered for the Freezer 13 PRO sound like a screaming deal and about price range the AR-C solution should be for us "Dream Chippers".
      $75 each plus $13 shipping is a bit "pricey" even with 30% off the $75. But free shipping and 30% sounds a little closer but not quite there. I mean after all we are basically "paying" to test a "new" product for them in the field. Where's the R&D kickbacks ha ha LOL

Maybe I am the only guy with a small budget
      Please Trust me I am very happy and can not wait for the dream chip to arrive, so nobody take what I said wrong.
      Extremely Happy Brian

acabgd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I know I'm talking only about myself but my problem with the price is actually customs. Anything below 50 Eur passes through customs without any charge, anything over will be charged customs fee + VAT. This dramatically increases the price of $75 + $13 shipping. Customs might be only 10%, but VAT is another 20%. Plus the VAT is paid on the total of cost + shipping + customs which comes to roughly 100 Eur. That's the same as the Dream Chip itself!

I'm looking for a cheaper solution. Could the guys from Ac-Rc eventually provide us only with an appropriate plate? We could then use any high-level cooler, remove the small CPU plate and attach the larger one made for our Dream Chip.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by acabgd View Post
      I know I'm talking only about myself but my problem with the price is actually customs. Anything below 50 Eur passes through customs without any charge, anything over will be charged customs fee + VAT. This dramatically increases the price of $75 + $13 shipping. Customs might be only 10%, but VAT is another 20%. Plus the VAT is paid on the total of cost + shipping + customs which comes to roughly 100 Eur. That's the same as the Dream Chip itself!

I'm looking for a cheaper solution. Could the guys from Ac-Rc eventually provide us only with an appropriate plate? We could then use any high-level cooler, remove the small CPU plate and attach the larger one made for our Dream Chip.
      Now this is a solution...made from copper too!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information