• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got back from a Site Visit

Yolo is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Just got back from a Site Visit

Had an accident and dropped my light fixture into the tank. Took both bulbs and fixture to Fountains to see if by chance I just burned the bulbs. The gal there greeted me, helped check all the bulbs and fixture...DOA

Found a decent T5 unit at a reasonable price and solved that problem. Excellent Service, was asked two times if I needed help.

Store was clean, good assortment of fish, couple nice Fu-Man-Chu Lionfish along with some very nice (large) Mandarins. This store has a very large assortment of fish and most important-----> Had some Nice AC Blasting...LOL

Good to see the one store close to my house is looking good...

M
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

I really love arguing with strangers on the internet...NOT...be cool."
      "I was Yolo before it got weird."
      http://www.sandiegofishingclub.com

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Well that is good to hear. The last time I was there I was less then impressed but this has me wanting to check it out again. Thanks Mike it was nice to see something other then negative feedback about a LFS.

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

I guess I will have to stop in and see how they are doing. They are literally 5 minutes from my house.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

XO PRESENTS is offline SDMAS Staff Member / MOD
      My status is: Never doubt that a small group
      of thoughtful, committed
      citizens can change the world;
      indeed, it's the only thing
      that ever has.

I am:
      Tired

I have been to Fountains since I was kid back in the days when it was operating in the house in the 90's. Been to the new Fountains a few times but now that I live in North Park I have been there several times in the past few weeks, very good customer service and good folks to deal with . =)
      Attentively,

Ron Luong

SDR Marketing Director / SDMAS Board of Directors

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

Investing in our SDR Community www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?89507-SanDiegoReefs.com-Giving-back-to-our-community

My Crazy Obsession
      www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?96495-Xo-signature-experience-s-obsession-continues

Show Some Love
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?75529-XO-PRESENTS-feedback

Who Got Tats? wwwhttp://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...-Off-Your-Tats.

specvjeff is offline SDMAS President/SDR Mod
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I haven't been in there in over 10 years. Back then, they had one of the most impressive shops I've ever seen. Maybe one of these days I'll make my way out there and check it out again.

Jeff
      San Diego Reefs Moderator
      Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

Fountains Aquarium is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, we are working hard on providing great customer service and giving good advice to each and everyone of our customers. Thank you again.

Fountain's Aquarium Staff

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo View Post
      Had an accident and dropped my light fixture into the tank. Took both bulbs and fixture to Fountains to see if by chance I just burned the bulbs. The gal there greeted me, helped check all the bulbs and fixture...DOA

Found a decent T5 unit at a reasonable price and solved that problem. Excellent Service, was asked two times if I needed help.

Store was clean, good assortment of fish, couple nice Fu-Man-Chu Lionfish along with some very nice (large) Mandarins. This store has a very large assortment of fish and most important-----> Had some Nice AC Blasting...LOL

Good to see the one store close to my house is looking good...

M
      And BAM... look at that. Now a site sponsor!! Good work Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by jason142 View Post
      ....... it was nice to see something other then negative feedback about a LFS.
      Negative commentary or "bashing" about any LFS is against site rules. http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...-in-the-LOUNGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountains Aquarium View Post
      Thank you very much for the positive feedback, we are working hard on providing great customer service and giving good advice to each and everyone of our customers. Thank you again.

Fountain's Aquarium Staff
      Can you tell us (all) some history behind the store??

I too have gone to Fountains (pronounced FON TANES correct?) ever since it was a front room of the house, to the newly opened (down the street) building with water bubble walls and pillars, with the best selection of saltwater in town. A great place that seemed to slowly lose it's luster over the long years. In fact, I don't think I saw any water bubble walls/pillars in action any longer... did they all go belly up?! ... that store, was a turning point for San Diego tropical fish lovers!

I've since visited, and it's great the store is still there and doing good. And super glad to see the store now on SDReefs... very cool!

... I hope this site can bring you some great business, and that you too can help out the fellow reefing community!

Would love to hear some of the recent history, changes, and ownership info about the store. Maybe future plans... etc.etc.

anothereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yolo...I'm curious bro?...when the light hit the water I'm sure it immediately tripped a fuse or whatever?...any ill affects to the tank?...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Wow Johnny...you are on fire tonight? Fountains has been a Sponsor for MONTHS....they are just starting to leverage the account. I like XO have been going there since they were operating out of a 3 bedroom house on University Ave. I would take the bus (yes I was 15) and cruise up there just to walk around and look at the fish.

They can certainly use SanDiegoReefs support as any small business these days can. I actually did drop the light in my tank and it blew out the light fuse. Tank was fine, it was a 4 X T5 fixture. Hot bulbs, cool water...bam.

I did not identify myself when I went there...just cruised in like any customer, maybe even a secret shopper....They are real close to my place and I often grab food, clean up crew, feeders for my FW fish, etc there.

Soon as we get a chance, we will get over there and take some PICS and post them here.

Thx

mike
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo View Post
      Wow Johnny...you are on fire tonight? Fountains has been a Sponsor for MONTHS................
      LOL... I know, saw their original registered date of 04-16-2012. I was just "bustin' yer juevos" and having a laugh. Meaning... JOKING!

... forgot more of the are needed.

Aaron is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Just got back from a Site Visit

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAirtime View Post
      LOL... I know, saw their original registered date of 04-16-2012. I was just "bustin' yer juevos" and having a laugh. Meaning... JOKING!

... forgot more of the are needed.
      Who needs tv! This is great entertainment. I like the joking around. No need to be so serious all the time, life is too short! Fountains is great (and ya I believe pronounced "Fon Tanes" as well). Couldn't find any other LFS or builder to make my stand at the price I got for my 180. I've been going there since I was 5 feeding the koi's, and I take my son now.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

I try to mix things up and bounce around all the Sponsors. I don't usually announce myself, just cruise in as a Hobbyist and do my thing I would normally do. I do take particular defense to Fountains (yes, Foun-tanes) as it has been around soo long.

Not busting anyone's chops, I know Johnny is poking around when he gets bored and starts goofing off and trying to get a reaction from me......LOL

Its all good. I am just on a diet and CRANKY....LOL
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jason142 View Post
      Well that is good to hear. The last time I was there I was less then impressed but this has me wanting to check it out again. Thanks Mike it was nice to see something other then negative feedback about a LFS.
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAirtime View Post
      Negative commentary or "bashing" about any LFS is against site rules. http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...-in-the-LOUNGE.
      I was talking about the LFS bashing that was the norm around here before new management. More so to say atta boy to the new management for the great turn around on the site, but guess I should have just stated that. In fact, I bought some of my first live rock and my very first light fixture from them back in 2008 before I was even a member of this site. I even took one of my friends to them when he was getting into f/w because of the great selection of f/w fish and decor.

poakley723 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Fountains is a good shop. They were actually responsible for me changing my 125g FW tank to my very first reef tank! Got a berlin turbo skimmer for $50. Since then I had moved to Washington state. I still had not forgot about them when i came back to SD and purchased my 180g Visio from them at a great price and they cut me a screaming deal on my C-skim 1800, which nobody seems to know anything about. It is super quiet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information