• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 channel Multichip Panel Group Buy

50 cube is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Do you smell a conspiracy to generate interest? Who knows.

ronreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Octoman4 View Post
      Why is every one who says they want one or a few brand new members? Seems shady, good luck
      No group buy promotions are allowed at RC. All the new members that seem to make it "shady" for you are literally from other areas of the world. I'm heading the group. I live in San Diego. I hope this helps you better understand. If not, I'm here to help you understand. Reading through the first post of this thread, esp. the links, is a good place to help clarify your understanding and the origins of this group buy.

I hope I answered your question.

Ron

Octoman4 is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

Who knows, all i know is i can copy and paste too,
      120 gallon. I throw money at it, and it grows colorful sticks.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by 50 cube View Post
      Do you smell a conspiracy to generate interest? Who knows.
      There is no conspiracy. No question about it. I am here to generate interest. I'm not here for health reasons. Many of the new members are from RC. I was followed here to facilitate a group buy. Reading the first post of this thread should have made it crystal clear.

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Geesh Octoman4 and 50 cube... What a way to make our new visitors feel welcome.... major FAIL by both of you.

Did it not occur to you that PERHAPS Ron, a local reefer, just MIGHT have felt that it would be easier and better to coordinate a GB here on his "home" forum rather than RC? Leave your pointless negative conjecture at the door please.

Ron and new folks... I'm not in the market for new LEDs currently, but I am following this thread with great interest! After the GB is done, I'd really love to see what you guys come up with!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Who knows, all i know is i can copy and paste too,
      If it will help to clarify in person or the phone or PM, to help you feel at ease, I can do that. I'm not here to make you buy anything.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
      Geesh Octoman4 and 50 cube... What a way to make our new visitors feel welcome.... major FAIL by both of you.

Did it not occur to you that PERHAPS Ron, a local reefer, just MIGHT have felt that it would be easier and better to coordinate a GB here on his "home" forum rather than RC? Leave your pointless negative conjecture at the door please.

Ron and new folks... I'm not in the market for new LEDs currently, but I am following this thread with great interest! After the GB is done, I'd really love to see what you guys come up with!
      Thank you. These new members are here only for the group buy. Most of the new members are from Sweden. I was hoping to show them hospitality and have them feel welcome in my local forum.

We hope to educate along the way as well.

Ron

50 cube is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Let's be clear, I was interested in what OCTOMANS thoughts are, in no way was I casting doubt on those involved or the integrity of those involved

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

[QUOTE=RussM;750483]Geesh Octoman4 and 50 cube... What a way to make our new visitors feel welcome.... major FAIL by both of you.

Ron and new folks... I'm not in the market for new LEDs currently, but I am following this thread with great interest! After the GB is done, I'd really love to see what you guys come up

1. I wasn't negative I said its weird that everyone who responded is new
      2. I read first post u never said u can't do GB on RC just stated the details about contacting you
      3. The're is crooked people in this world that have no problem committing Crime and taking money from people who don't protect them self... getting burned online sucks,I have no problem with multi chip GB, its ust being posted by someone who isn't very active on the boards... that's all good luck

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

Welcome Swedes I played hockey over there for a bit in Stockholm , if I could move to another county I'd be in Sweden

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

I too am interested in the outcome of all of these systems. Thanks Ron for running this buy. I am not involved, but am curious about how all of these different folks are going to use the same chip set in different ways. With a little bit of follow up on how everybody's build goes, we all could learn a lot about this type of LED build.

And I certainly hope that the new folks, especially those from Sweden, do not only come here for the group buy. Please don't be strangers and stop by anytime!
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

Lasse is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

All of us from Sweden that apear in this thread normally are housed at this forum. I myself was active at the RC thread about a minimalistic multi chip A thread a friend of mine started. In the end - there was an attempt to hijack the thread in order to advocate for discrete emmitters and I lose my interest of putting a lot of time to try explain myself in a foreign language - a language that, according to my daughter, I speek with "a slight swedish accident". With help of the almighty Google I hope that I write without to many "swedish accidents".

It is obvious that I want to create interest for this Group buy of what I think is the ultimate LED chip right now. This is also a very unique occasion where people from around the world collaborates to advance the development of LED technology foreward and specially tailored to our needs in the reef aquarium. I´m not in it for the money (just ask my wife if you do not trust me in that statement )- I´m only want to grab some of this chip to start to experiment with them. I want this group buy to happen. It is a risk - noone have done this with 5 channels (with three its done through just changing the colors in a RGB chip). We do not really know whats happen with 5 independent channels running in different way. But if it not works well in the way we think - we can easy convert the chip to a normal 100 watts chip with just the right wavelenghts for growth.

In this post the user first stated that my tank look like crap (he has edit it away later on) an that the reason why I named my video "the crap tank". I´ll try to show that it is a color deep in the high K chips from this vendor and the need of lower Kelvin emitters does not exist. I asked Ron if it was ok to post this in the GB thread at your forum and he thought so.

My intention is to document my building with these chips, successes and setbacks and it would be great if I could do it with others who will buy these chips. There is also a guy here in Sweden working on getting control and driver cards that fit these chips.

For my part, I like to participate in such a thread at your forum, although I do not live in SoCal. However, it is part of the world I'd like to see. Teenager in the sixties and growing up with the Beach Boys, The Mamas & the Papas, Janis Joplin and others - so I have heard a lot of stuff from SoCal

Sincerely Lasse
      Last edited by Lasse; 08-12-2012 at 11:12 PM.

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

I think your tank looks great! Like I posted above, I am looking forward to seeing how you guys put these chips to work. I'm not going this route, but I am paying attention to it. Look forward to seeing how you do it.

And welcome to SDR. Stop by anytime.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

gtfcniles is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hi guys, i'm also one of the guys from RC, but my normal home is on ultimatereef.com (it's a UK based site).

As discussed before ron, put me down for 2 chips. Do you know if ACRC will offer additional chips at the same price for people who bought in first? I want to check the chip is right for me before I buy 6 or 8. Is he offering a complete solution (Driver/Heatsink/LED) ?

There might be quite a bit of interest in the UK i'll post the information up and see what response I get and let you know.

Thanks again,

Chris

Lasse is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Welcome Swedes I played hockey over there for a bit in Stockholm , if I could move to another county I'd be in Sweden
      Which team?

Sincerely Lasse

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information