Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you noticed??

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by bonkerz619 View Post
      Comfortably Numb
      I think this sums up how the majority feels. Not that I blame them.

Goldfish World is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Well I'm a Ham Radio operator and have gear that will keep us in touch with the entire world with or without grid power. I think we should set up a SDR survival colony. LOL....
      don't laugh but a few months back the seals were doing training really late at night. At the time i didn't know they were training and i really thought we were under attack. Some real RED DAWN stuff. I know i watch to many movies. It gets better, i grabbed all my gear, clothes, food, wife , and dogs and got in our jeep and drive off into the sunset. My wife didn't even ask questions... just said OK. lol..... Paranoid or prepared... call it what you will. had us up and ready in 15min. I actually found a youtube vid of the night that someone caught. From my house my windows were shaking and it sounded like someone was playing call of duty in my front yard.

here's the video... enjoy... i want you to keep in mind this was almost midnight and went on for about 30-40 min.
      I believe this trend is a repeat of the nuclear cold war people are freaking out bunker were made stocking food supply arming them self to the teeth just a different reason now "Zombie"

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I think GFW is right in seeing this pattern.

The reality is that people are way more compliant with any type of BS the government and finance dish out when they're scared.

Or maybe I overthink things.

Goldfish World is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by bladedrummer View Post
      I think GFW is right in seeing this pattern.

The reality is that people are way more compliant with any type of BS the government and finance dish out when they're scared.

Or maybe I overthink things.
      Well let's just say I've been on the planet for ore than a half Century LOL "take me to your leader"

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

maybe cuz we're older we seem to understand the magnitude of what's happening around us
      I think you hit the nail on the head here. Same "Stuff", Different Day/Year/Decade. We just become more aware of it as we get older, aided by faster and more abundant sources of information.

fresh2120 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I'm in the military and I didnt take what u said as an attack on the military, bad things are going to happen no matter what. Yes sd is a nice richer upper scale place so it took long for it to hit here but crimes happen everywhere. ( I used to like in LA) so I know.

But yes things are happening at a faster rate now. Society is going down hill...

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

[QUOTE=RussM;749359]I think you hit the nail on the head here. Same "Stuff", Different Day/Year/Decade. We just become more aware of it as we get older, aided by faster and more abundant sources of information.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. At 5 years old i was rocking a etch-a-sketch and a speak and spell hell i'd get real adventurous and play with a lite brite.. a few weeks ago my 3 year old neice was schooling me on a IPAD. sad but true.

anothereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

lmao!!..+1 on a zombie apocalypse!!..I'm almost ready..that leads to another story I'm sure all of you heard or read about that guy in Florida chewing on another's face?!..not to mention the upto date'ish CDC posting things on their website as well. then all the videos of the possibility of it actually happening?..maybe not soon..but possible...IMO I think something drastic is gonna happen to the good'ol USA in the future that alot of its people will not like. Drastic can be mother nature which would be better cause we have no control over that. I'm leaning more towards government issues. But only time will tell..
      Last edited by anothereefer; 08-07-2012 at 12:54 PM.

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I want you all to take a step back and think about the day the power went out... i had a nasty un-kept fowlr then so my tank was the least of my worries. BUT.. how prepared were you? With in 30 min i had power going in my house, ate dinner and was on my amateur radios getting updates of the power grid getting restored all over Socal. So.. how did you handle it. did you have gas in your car? if not could you get gas.... most places that still were able to sell or pump gas had 1-2 hour waits. did you have food? How did you prepare it. These are all things you... we all need to think about in time of crisis. The one thing that i learned that day.. is i didn't have cold hard cash. This little plastic card that links my every dollar to society was just that. A plastic card. Most places were cash only. Since that night i've stuffed a million dollars in my mattress and buried another million in little glass jars in my back yard.

Basic needs we should all have:
      Water
      candles/flashlights
      food(no perishable).
      CASH (CREAM)
      a battery/solar powered radio to get updates.

anothereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Totally agree with that bonkers!!..when that happened we weren't totally prepared..We had food and like four bags of charcoal. we had a ton of candles being half Asian it's a must..lol..As far as power..thank Craigslist for a Honda generator..We even set up a white sheet against a wall and set up a projector for entertainment. But we didn't have enough batteries or the right size for a radio and what not..we do now!..Since then I've been collecting streamlights!..had one..now have 5!!..lol..all with two batteries each..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information