• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed??

anothereefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Have you noticed??

have you guys noticed lately how much more crazy sh*t is happening in SD county the past 2-3 years? Mostly the local stuff. All the shootings, marine accidents, kidnappings, robberies, fires...the list goes on!!..I just find it a little strange that all of these inccidents have been happening on a more frequent time scale.

AFUreef is offline Registered User
      My status is: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I am:
      Crazy

Ya it's crazy! Welcome to the world we live in!

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yes, I have. I commented on it on the Tribune's site and I was ganged up on by military people who live here, saying I was a liar and that I shouldn't cast doubt on San Diego's society... I guess they proved me right by being so touchy on the subject.

Goldfish World is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

On the Military side it use to be called "war shock" now it's PTSD, specially when they come back from the battle field shooting at someone, battle fatigue killing another person specially it gets buried in your head for a long time, it's unimaginable for a civilian to comprehend what they have gone to IMO, now on the general population is another story.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

haha cast doubt huh?..the proof is in the news..sure you can comment your opinion and what not but having lived in SD all my life and keeping up with local current events..I'd say that our society has been too careless. The boy in la Mesa that accidently shot his sis with an AR?..why was he even playing with it in the first place?..where was dad?..The 7yo that was victim to a boats propeller?..The teen shot by Valencia park elementary school..In the past 3 weeks I've counted at least 14 deaths just in SD county alone..no farther than mission valley..10 years ago that many deaths presented to the public would cause all kinds of questions?..Instead over the weekend they set up a checkpoint in the SB area and were stoked on how many cars they impounded and the arrests and citations. Granted that was for a cause and it was funded..but I haven't heard or read anything about the people that shot and killed others being caught or the investigation is still underway..I'm sorry just ranting..I might just be talking out my ass?..lol...

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I used to watch the news before i went to sleep. Did it for many many years. Now it's just sad and not worth my time. I guess by not watching the news i put myself in a little bubble that just maybe our world isn't messed up. Then I'm awaken by gunfire right outside my house. I've grown up on this block my entire life. we've always had the crazy stuff happen from time to time.... IE The Night Stalker, The McDonalds Massacre in Sidro, the airplane that crashed in 1977(Look this mess up) those two boys that were slain in the river bottom (two blocks from my first house). Sad but true, maybe cuz we're older we seem to understand the magnitude of what's happening around us. No matter what's going on outside my house, I always have my reef to stare at and take me away from it all........

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I shoulda been more specific with the "marine " part..but I've seen that as well just didn't want to store things up the wrong with that since there's alot of good folks that I personally know and we have alot members here as well that are military. I was referring to ocean stuff...my bad..

mcdonaldtj is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I live in Temecula and we get the Los Angeles news and I have to tell you that San Diego news is Tame comapared to LA. There are multiple murders almost every day up there and it is really crazy, I almost stopped watching it was so bad.

V/Tim

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Your rant is true it it very concerning what's happening to our County and the rest of the Country, I believe on stiffer penalty our justice system is not perfect not to compare us but in some other Country justice is really swift and hard core for example in Singapore some violation are punishable by canning in some Country in the Middle East thief are punish by cutting their hand or finger you don't want to know what happen to rapist and murderer

fresh2120 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

It's bc the zombie apocalypse is coming!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

Quote Originally Posted by fresh2120 View Post
      It's bc the zombie apocalypse is coming!
      Are you ready for it? LOL

fresh2120 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yes I am I have 11 guns and over a 1000 rounds of each time type of bullet for each gun!

It's all about fish tanks and guns!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Well I'm a Ham Radio operator and have gear that will keep us in touch with the entire world with or without grid power. I think we should set up a SDR survival colony. LOL....
      don't laugh but a few months back the seals were doing training really late at night. At the time i didn't know they were training and i really thought we were under attack. Some real RED DAWN stuff. I know i watch to many movies. It gets better, i grabbed all my gear, clothes, food, wife , and dogs and got in our jeep and drive off into the sunset. My wife didn't even ask questions... just said OK. lol..... Paranoid or prepared... call it what you will. had us up and ready in 15min. I actually found a youtube vid of the night that someone caught. From my house my windows were shaking and it sounded like someone was playing call of duty in my front yard.

here's the video... enjoy... i want you to keep in mind this was almost midnight and went on for about 30-40 min.

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I didn't mean to say that the military was involved!!! However the people who jumped on me for saying that the situation was messed up were all military. Maybe they just want to get away from that reality so it bothers them the most. I don't know. I feel they are too often left with no help when they get back home...

On my part, I think it's insane what this country is turning into. It's a mess! I've lived in Europe most of my life and the crap that goes down in San Diego county in one month happens over a decade or more in most cities in Europe. Sure, there are bad cities there too but it's not that widespread.

It seems really crazy to me that people don't get outraged anymore.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Comfortably Numb

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information