• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Negative Feedback Ars3nal619

Davidamiller is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thumbs down Negative Feedback Ars3nal619

I understand the meaning of FCFS, but when you have someone ready to pick up an item form someone else (being the first to respond), that means that person is the first one to come. I didn't want to drive all the way to la mesa since I live near sorrento, so I suggested meeting in the middle. Everything was all fine and dandy, we were going to meet up the next day. I then received a text saying the person could not make it because of work, understandable. I replied when tomorrow can we meet? I did this twice with no response. Finally after 8pm I was told he sold the two fish I was interested in because someone came to his house instead of meeting somewhere else. No heads up someone else was interested, could've persuaded me to go out and meet him. Instead since he had to flake on me, I was somehow no longer the FCFS? I found this to be very rude on his part, and instead it wasted my time, re-arranging my schedule to drive out and meet him. Maybe I feel too strongly about this, but no matter the circumstance there is no need to deal with others the way he did. It just frustrates people who take the time to work with someone else, and be let down in the end. I don't know, could just be venting, but I was really disappointed.

sjames is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Did not read his selling thread but fcfs is exactly what it says.
      However I do agree a friendly txt or call out or courtesy if you came to some type of agreement prior to reselling is the right thing to do.
      Dont let it bother you to much

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeah I know, but it didn't even say FCFS in the prefix or in the thread, only till after he sold it.
      But thanks, just annoying how people don't have common courtesy anymore.

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

May the fish gods shine down on you..... you''ll get your fish. It's happened to me a couple of times and can relate on how frustrating it can be.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Haha thanks (:

drainbamage is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

dont take it as personally as it may seem, the amount of folks who never show to pick up an item leaves some sellers with a certain skepticism (myself included) so that when someone jumps in with *I have $$ and I can be there in 5 minutes* its tough to say no.
      I do try and let the original person know (if I havent assured the original person that he will be for sure on the items, then I stick by that until burned) if something changes, but I also think best rule to operate on is-

When you call/text me saying youre about to leave, confirm the items youre wanting and I'll confirm what is still available. If the communications have been smooth up till then there wont be any surprises, but in case assumptions were made by either side its a great last check before driving off.

Just my 2 coppers

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

David,

You've got a valid complaint. And it's a common one when dealing with Aquarium enthusiasts. Not sure why, but it's the most diverse crowd... from ages, to ethnicity, to honest and courtesy. The full gamut.

Let me give you a hint for future reference; Next time there's an item you want, and someone has it... for a good price. Drive the extra miles to go get it. I know as a seller, I hate meeting people half way... or anywhere but at my house (especially if it's livestock!). Call me lazy, but it's just the way it is. If someone asks me to meet them half way between them and I, and I'm paying my own fuel (diesel, which is costly... and in my diesel guzzling vehicle) it gets even harder to help them out. Essentially, that's what your doing. Taking time as a seller, to meet the person (same as the buyer is doing, but a bit more is involved). Which includes catching and bagging the fish. If I had someone show up with money, and say... "I'll take it...." I'd be hard pressed to say no if the items weren't prepaid via paypal or some sort of deposit.

See... I've had people say they wanted something, to wait a day or two... and they ended up buying it close to their home, at the LFS. Here I am holding the item, and could have sold it once or twice... yet, I held it out of good faith. So in the end, I get screwed. Doesn't make me happy whatsoever, and that buyer's info goes on my list to never sell to them again. Same with NO-SHOWS... those who say they'll be there, and never call or update me, go on that same list.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is... The sale isn't in stone, until you've paid for it. A lot can happen, and will happen in the meantime. If your wanting an item bad enough that your changing your schedule to go get it, then seal the deal FIRST with a paypal deposit or full payment (if the seller allows it). It's the only way to guarantee that it won't be sold before you get the chance to nab it. (even though that process has backfired on me once or twice... with other hobbies).

... it's an expensive hobby, and for some reason there's a lot of "miserly" buyers. As well, there's plenty of impatient sellers.

Ars3nal619 - has been trying to get a frag of devil's hand from me since January. Won't make the drive up to Clairemont from ChulaV. However, has PM'd me a few times to remind me, or ask me to bring him a piece on my next visit to my father's in Bonita. I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. But it becomes annoying and stressful to me as a seller, due to my schedule and all I worry about already. I'm sure he's not aware of that... and I don't convey that. But it's not worth the $10 sale to me. It then turns into "helping out a fellow reefer" which I'll do without a hint of asking for anything in return. But now, knowing he sold something that you were lining up the stars to go get... I won't be so hard pressed to deliver a frag to him.

I'm sorry you missed out on the deal. It happens from time to time.

Last edited by JohnnyAirtime; 08-01-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Outcast is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

"Next time there's an item you want, and someone has it... for a good price. Drive the extra miles to go get it."

BING BING BING...Winner ...like what drain said also, don't take it personal. Sometimes its hard to catch fish, they are sitting in a holding tank, someone is standing there willing to take them and get them out of your hair. It happens a lot. Waiting game is not fun for both parties...

Sorry it happened but FCFS is a mulligan on sales.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Which I understand, but he was willing to meet me and he never actually stated "FCFS". But because he never disagreed to meet me, he was making a committment to sell to me. And as a seller I've gone many times to meet buyers because it was too impossible for them to meet at my location. I think of others before the money and I just think this could've been handled a million different ways. Besides if he offered a counter argument suggesting someone may be interested and will drive to him, I would've jumped on it and ran out there. So there was no fair chance for me, I think. Anyway thanks for the feedback, just got to put it behind me. Just know I am not a seller nor buyer to EVER be inconsiderate of other people, and I take pride in that, and towards those who act and feel the same way as I do.

Yolo is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Its a tough call David. I've had fish die on me waiting for buyers to get back to me. Last week had a buyer have me completely set up a Chiller in a 5g bucket (removed a pump from my existing tank) then the guy did not respond to my call, text, or email for 10 hours.

Good example, sorry you went through it and a good learning post for everyone.

My view would be to always just go get on anything you really want fast. Don't wait for a PIC, etc. Sometimes traffic sucks, weather gets in the way,etc....Good News is you will always find that same item around the corner at a great price here. Just keep looking!

Good Luck

Mike
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

I really love arguing with strangers on the internet...NOT...be cool."
      "I was Yolo before it got weird."
      http://www.sandiegofishingclub.com

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So after all this I have to ask.... What kind of fish were they?

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by Davidamiller View Post
      ................ Just know I am not a seller nor buyer to EVER be inconsiderate of other people, and I take pride in that, and towards those who act and feel the same way as I do.
      Me too David... Me too!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information