• Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Deleted Posts / threads

Madjamey is offline Member
      My status is: R.I.P Larry M.

I am:
      Piratey

Yolo , what I was referring to was the discussion we had about my " feedback " on the MAX event. I was told that my post was not the reason the thread was deleted and it would be reposted , but never was.

rman is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo View Post
      Basically, if the VENT is a valid one, then the Original poster who has a comment should FIRST put that into either an email to the LFS or a call, and THEN vent here with a post. That post of course should be in the proper forum: FEEDBACK.
      That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a process that shouldn't be there to begin with. Why would it be necessary to make additional effort to contact the LFS that wronged me to begin with, to attempt to have them right it? Then the next person to be wronged has to do the same thing? Why not just air the dirty laundry like the TRUTH and let it be dealt with appropriately, without playing politics?

And if you think I'm being crass, then consider that I did PM them and have not gotten a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocecazalot View Post
      I got tired of my posts being deleted. I rarely come on here if at all anymore. If I need something I just PM. Even my thread about why they were getting delete, was removed. Kinda sucks that there is no freedom of speech on a website. I'm starting to miss the old days
      Sadly the moderation and - in the loosest meaning of the word - manipulation, is driving me in that direction as well. I can always turn to google with a question, and I can always call one of the handful of great resources that I've met for advice. The classifieds is what keeps my wallet open here...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAir View Post
      Public website???? Uh, sorry it is privately owned. Freedom of speach is here and respected to the limitations of the rules/guidelines in the user agreement that we all agree to when we signup.
      Your post hurts my head.
      For the record - by public, I meant that both www.customaquatic.com and www.sdreefs.com/www.sandiegoreefs.com are viewable to anyone and everyone with an internet connection. Not the organizational structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Madjamey View Post
      Deleting posts / threads and the lack of " free speech " on this site has been an issue for me as well ! I have been involved in threads where I left " constructive " criticism and had it deleted , even talked to Yolo on the phone about it and was told that what I had to say wasn't this issue , and it would be re-posted , but never was. I also have been the " bad guy " and had my share of inappropriate arguments that contributed zero value to the site or hobby. With that being said , I think the owners / moderators should be a little more OPEN MINDED and a bit more selective on what is being deleted , as I don't agree that an entire thread should be removed or closed because of one or a few poor comments were made. Feedback should be allowed in an appropriate manner , and in the appropriate place ! A little drama is fun , but almost always ends up doing nothing to resolve issues and will go on and on.

Bussiness's should be held to a higher standard , and should obviously get a little more attention and respect from the site for what they do for the hobby. I feel the same for paying " premium " members. There are a lot of non-paying " registered " members that offer nothing to this site and in my opinion are usually cause the most trouble here and should be delt with and / or banned somehow from the site when they do !
      Hey I hear ya. Why be censored? Who needs to be protected and who needs to be muted. Let's live with the facts and truth and deal with the consequences.

I conduct business on another site, and I'm also held to a higher standard. I'm also one of the more... "unprofessional" characters on the forum but people seem to dig it and give the BS right back. There is almost no moderation or censorship on this other site, which allows people to go toe-to-toe fight club style. And when the dust settles we're still shipping out free parts and spending hours turning wrenches on each other's trucks. we just DGAF and it works.

You go crazy strict on your kids and they're liable to shoot up the high school. Let them run free and by the time they're 18 they've partied their asses off and are ready to settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
      FYI, there is no such thing as "free speech" on a privately owned website. If you want to say anything at all, without anyone censoring it, create your own site. Otherwise, follow the rules that you agreed to when you joined this site.
      Out of curiosity - was my deleted thread against site rules?
      Last edited by rman; 06-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Yolo is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

I can't find the deleted thread? I might have missed something..was it in FEEDBACK? I certainly can't condone your particular instance being reported. I have driven out to people's houses to find their item FS misrepresented. Once, ok, but a second time, yes warn someone.

If you posted a "Shame on you LFS" post as they should have been open but were not...then rightfully so, post it up. When every Tom, ****, and Harry post up after you with non-related editorials based on their state of mind, yes some or most of them will be deleted.

Goal is to have you post up your experience and then give the offending party (LFS or Member) an opportunity to make it right, apologize, or agree with your post.

m
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

I really love arguing with strangers on the internet...NOT...be cool."
      "I was Yolo before it got weird."
      http://www.sandiegofishingclub.com

slicktoppomp is offline Registered User
      My status is: So you mean i can write
      anything here??

I am:
      Down

Quote Originally Posted by Madjamey View Post
      Yolo , what I was referring to was the discussion we had about my " feedback " on the MAX event. I was told that my post was not the reason the thread was deleted and it would be reposted , but never was.
      I really really didn't wanna put my 2 cents on this. But madjamey THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I also like how they delete the thread before the one the thread was about gets to even defend themselves! Finished. Que sera sera.

sjames is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Following this thread to conclussion.

rman is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yolo, I posted it in CustomAquatic's section - titled "Your Hours are Wrong"

I was very objective and didn't express myself to the fullest... not sure where the thread went.

I find myself often posting in the wrong sections.... the sections and sub-sections are not always clear to me. If I have a question regarding a pump, where do I put that? In reef-related? What if it's a FOWLR tank?.... just sayin'

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Need examples people. Not just "they", "them" or "that thread"...There is quite a bit of activity going on daily. MODS edit some, I do, Chad does...I can't say too many threads get deleted without reason.

Now that MAX Event was borderline...thought you and I spoke about it and settled it? Why bring it up again? Bashing things a LFS or Event because you have a login here does not benefit the site. I mean, go onto Rants-and-Raves on CL if you really want to bash someone, but here, we are working hard to rebuild our reputation in the Hobby Arena and Industry so when you are wearing a SDReefs shirt in public, it has a decent reputation and not "that site" as it was with the previous non-management.

There has to be some level of oversight and some level of guidance which is adjusted up or down. We are still adjusting so this feedback is interesting.

Please remember if you see a post that is "off" to use the FLAG feature.
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

Madjamey is offline Member
      My status is: R.I.P Larry M.

I am:
      Piratey

I can't find the deleted thread? I might have missed something..was it in FEEDBACK? I certainly can't condone your particular instance being reported. I have driven out to people's houses to find their item FS misrepresented. Once, ok, but a second time, yes warn someone.

If you posted a "Shame on you LFS" post as they should have been open but were not...then rightfully so, post it up. When every Tom, ****, and Harry post up after you with non-related editorials based on their state of mind, yes some or most of them will be deleted.

Goal is to have you post up your experience and then give the offending party (LFS or Member) an opportunity to make it right, apologize, or agree with your post.

m
      It was a feedback thread , don't remember who started it ? I had expressed my " constructive " pro's and con's about the event and the next post was something like " it sucked ! " and the whole thread was closed. I'm not concerned with it now , just the manner in which those type of threads are handled. If its inappropriate , I agree 100% , but if it's even the slightest bit helpful or informative , it should remain.

Quote Originally Posted by slicktoppomp View Post
      I really really didn't wanna put my 2 cents on this. But madjamey THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I also like how they delete the thread before the one the thread was about gets to even defend themselves! Finished. Que sera sera.
      YES !!! , issues can't be resolved if the OP's thread is deleted / closed.

Quote Originally Posted by sjames View Post
      Following this thread to conclussion.
      Me too ! I would love to see a reasonable resolution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by rman View Post
      Yolo, I posted it in CustomAquatic's section - titled "Your Hours are Wrong"

I was very objective and didn't express myself to the fullest... not sure where the thread went.

I find myself often posting in the wrong sections.... the sections and sub-sections are not always clear to me. If I have a question regarding a pump, where do I put that? In reef-related? What if it's a FOWLR tank?.... just sayin'
      I think that if you started the thread in the sponsors section that would be good enough ! And if the mods have an issue with the placement , they could just move it without issue.

Jocecazalot is offline Registered User
      My status is: I'm hungry. Feed me!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Not saying me in particular but I do know a decent amount of people have been circulating how now this site plays favourites. Especially if more money is dished out. I personally hope that's not the case. I see both sides in this discussion but deleting of posts because they might damage reputation is not really fair. Especially if people like myself read the feedback to decide whether or not I do business with them.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

I can assure you no one is getting any favoritism. Specifically, the mission here is to keep the playing field even and fair for everyone. So let me put that thought to rest.

I have PM'd RMan and asked him to point me to the "deleted" thread that I cannot find. Yes you can post in a particular Sponsor's Forum but they have control of those areas and can delete them. Not saying they did, just that level of control is there.

If you post up a post in Feedback, and it is true, then it should stay and will.

Thats about it.
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

seareef is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Sleeping... ZZZZZZ

I am:
      Cool

RMAN - I have looked back some 3 months and don't see any evidence of this thread. If anybody has a RSS feed, please share it. We don't hard delete anything here on the board, only soft delete.

rman is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I can assure you no one is getting any favoritism. Specifically, the mission here is to keep the playing field even and fair for everyone. So let me put that thought to rest.

I have PM'd RMan and asked him to point me to the "deleted" thread that I cannot find. Yes you can post in a particular Sponsor's Forum but they have control of those areas and can delete them. Not saying they did, just that level of control is there.

If you post up a post in Feedback, and it is true, then it should stay and will.

Thats about it.
      Thanks Mike
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...Custom-Aquatic

Quote Originally Posted by seareef View Post
      RMAN - I have looked back some 3 months and don't see any evidence of this thread. If anybody has a RSS feed, please share it. We don't hard delete anything here on the board, only soft delete.
      I just posted it yesterday, I was literally sitting in front of Custom Aquatic's closed doors as I typed it. There were a handful of responses as well...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Ta Da; http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...Custom-Aquatic

Thank you RMan...that is the way to properly post feedback!

Now, everyone, we just wait for the offender to respond. If people jump in with, "Yeah, they suck", or "I will never go there..." then yes, those posts are editorializing without an specific experience and will be deleted.

Trick is to post in the right place and let the process work itself.
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

sjames is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I am glad to see this getting worked through.

rman is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I will accept an apology from Custom Aquatic in the form of (3) free 20lb bags of Caribsea Hawaiian Black Arag-Alive live sand. That is what I went there to get along with about $60 in bulkheads and loc-lines.
      I already got all the plumbing stuff elsewhere.
      Give up the goodies boys.

Closed Thread

Thread Information