• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: China Led (best value out there)

JohnnyAirtime is offline Registered User
      My status is: Busy Bee

I am:
      Geeky

FYI on UV based LEDs....
      They don't put out much lumen, which in our world... is very little to almost no PAR.

It would take two to three times the amount of UV based LEDs (in relation to the whites) to get any penetration and color to the mid to bottom corals in the tank. I don't have any scientific facts on this... it's solely based on my testing of LEDs, and using a PAR meter to measure their output. I've ordered LED fixtures with 420nm LEDs and removed them. I've since tried the very costly and truer UV spectrum of 350nm, 360, 380 and 400nm, and other ranges to see if any PAR can be measured from just those "UV" spectrum ranges... and, with what I'm using (a photodiode, not calibrated to UV ranges)... it's not measurable. And to our naked eye, true UV is just out of the visible spectrum or one of the shortest wavelengths. For example, the next shortest wavelength from "UV" is X-Ray.... so, you see where I'm going with this information.

Honestly... I think covering 3 to 4 colors has been successful in my tank. That coloration ranging from 440nm to 12,000K and using LED Chips of 440nm, 460nm, 6700k, and 12,000k (anything above 12,000K is filtered out fairly quickly by the water depth).

Hope that helps whoever is ordering LEDs above the standard "white and blue".

bradreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Johnny I remember 10 years ago when a 6500 ushio bulb was the standard for sps. I asked about 30 white and 25 blue but I didn't find in needed as they are dimmable. I like a color of about 13k and haven't liked when people show us there new blue coral and the rock in the picture is blue.

People have been into adding royal blue or violet and likeing it. there is another long thread on RC about color.
      http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885076

BTW I liked you par postings you have shown on your LED's.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

here is the email for my sales rep
      sales04@ledgrowlights.cn name is hendy.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

got My lights delivered today. they were shipped wednesday or thursday so it was good speed. I will add picks later.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

pics camera phone so not good .

Last edited by bradreef; 06-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

that is around 40 % on both blue and white. looks more white in person.

ReefTradingCo-RN is offline Registered User
      My status is: switching from splitkooks

I am:
      Enraged

thats a legit price. were planning our wedding ourselves, and I can vouch for alibaba, AND aliexpress...both are legit, and despite a previous comment, ARE regulated and both have buyer protection akin to that of any other online clearing house (ebay, amazon, etc).

Killer killer fixture there, it'l be interesting to see the outcome when corals are introduced.

rman is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Google alibaba or aliexpress scam. I was going to buy some art off that site, contact the painter and she verified that she only sold on 1 site and that the alibaba listing was fake. That prompted me to do more research.

Just sharing my experiences and would hate for someone to get scammed based off inaccurate testimonies.

Sent from my pager

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I am sure there are a ton of bad scams on that website. There are a ton of fake things on Ebay also. But.... This seller has a very good reputation and that is who i am recomending. I wouldn't recomend any other sellers.

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by rman View Post
      Google alibaba or aliexpress scam. I was going to buy some art off that site, contact the painter and she verified that she only sold on 1 site and that the alibaba listing was fake. That prompted me to do more research.

Just sharing my experiences and would hate for someone to get scammed based off inaccurate testimonies.

Sent from my pager
      Yup... got to be careful of where you buy. My pops was sending money to a website for a laptop (this past week), used money-gram, sent with his credit card... money-gram called him to say they won't be sending the money, as the recipient is NOT a legit seller, and is a scammer!! Always use your CREDIT CARD to protect yourself if sending money that you cannot put a stop payment on, and verify with your CC company they'll support you if your scammed.

... be careful!

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by bradreef View Post
      .......... and haven't liked when people show us there new blue coral and the rock in the picture is blue.
      I heard that!

People have been into adding royal blue or violet and likeing it. there is another long thread on RC about color.
      http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885076
      I understand, and agree people like the purple hues to the lighting. I do too... yet, I know it's not offering much if any growth being too purple. So I use a "Indigo" colored LED that provides PAR and COLOR closer to the purples. Yet, I also use a brighter blue for growth and a higher PAR value. You can introduce a few RED leds for more purple coloring (red and blue make purple), and yet they'll promote more algae growth (from the chlorophyll A)... so it's a tough call when spec'ing the LED coloring for any one tank. Everyones desires, and tank needs are different.

BTW I liked you par postings you have shown on your LED's.
      Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information