• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Closed Thread

Thread: Do questions get deleted if people dont want to answer them? Why no LA Runs?

SD Actuary is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Do questions get deleted if people dont want to answer them? Why no LA Runs?

If you post in here, will it be automatically deleted if you ask a question?
      Last edited by Yolo; 03-15-2012 at 08:47 AM.

seesquared is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Seems that way huh? I saw your post and had been wondering the same thing?!?

paulyboy18 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Had one of my post deleted as well... What's Up?

woodycv62 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

i would imagine if a question that was asked is borderline to being inappropriate then yes I would want the moderators to delete it, but to just delete a "legit" question, I don't think our mods have that mean streak in them....just curious...what was the question? just my 2cents.

seesquared is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

The question pertained to why are sponsors no longer allowed to post or advertise 'la runs' and the fish they offer for sale from those runs. Seems like a legitimate question to me, as I am curious as well as SD Actuary.

KorL is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by seesquared View Post
      The question pertained to why are sponsors no longer allowed to post or advertise 'la runs' and the fish they offer for sale from those runs. Seems like a legitimate question to me, as I am curious as well as SD Actuary.
      +1 ...

What's the point of being a sponser if you can't even advertise your services???

wizzbane is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Bump for curious.

Mario is offline Member
      My status is: SDR MEMBERS ONLY JACKET

I am:
      Set you mood here...

im guessing the stores are complaining about not being able to compete with the prices that the la runners can offer, just a guess though.......

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

+1^^^^^^^

sjames is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I as well would like to see both the original question and the posted questioned answered. I dont think we should guess or assume. So bump for the answers please.

SanDiegoReefs is offline Owner/Administrator
      My status is: Busy Working on Stuff

I am:
      Amused

Good Morning! And all of this before Coffee!

First Answer: Yes, some questions will be deleted as the original poster should have thought about maybe using a PM or an email to Webmaster@sandiegoreefs.com You can understand how some people (all being annonymous) can become antagonistic, sarcastic, bored, or just want to start uncesscessary, unproductive drama. So we will delete those and take the question(s) offline. My phone number has been sent to the original poster and if they are so concerned, they can call me to discuss it further. Also, no deletions are ever "automatic" here. We read them, over discuss them, and make sure it is in the benefit of the Forum before we delete them. Everything is soft deleted so it can always be undeleted.

Second Answer: Fish Runs. Yes, those are no longer supported by SanDiegoReefs.com in a certain way. You see, every legitimate Local Fish Store and Sponsor goes up to LA every week or order from LA/US/Indonesia/Phillipines, etc regularly. Any Tom, Fred, or Harry can get a resale ID.... Its not rocket science to get one and some of the lower end wholesalers just don't do their homework, care, or like the cash and don't check. So we end up with some enterprenuers who want to make a quick million dollars running hippo tangs one week at a time. Not to mention the sales tax liabilities...do you get a receipt? Do you know that person's store (no they don't have one). New Users coming into the Hobby are thinking SanDiegoReefs sponsors and supports these "fish in a bag" drops and get all upset when they can't get a qualified, quarantined, quality fish from a LFS for $19 because a "Fish Run" guy has posted up unrealistic prices in a drop-n-go, good luck with that capacity.

Use the PM Feature, email your favorite sponsor or walk into your favorite LFS and ask them about their ordering schedule. Many of them will allow you to accept the risk and buy the fish while it is still in the bag when they receive their delivery or return from the wholesalers visit.

I personally have gone up to the LA Wholesale shops many a time. It is always stressfull to me with all these animals in bags, water cooling while I'm in traffic, looking at the decreased quality of the animal when it finally got to San Diego and have lost many a fish during that process. I prefer to walk into a LFS, speak with someone who knows that fish, when it came it, and if it is eating. I also prefer to ask them to feed it, which they do. I then decide if I see an eating, healthy fish, if I want to add it to my system.

That said, thank you for asking the question!

Check it out! --------->>>>>> http://www.lafishrun.com

Thanks again for your understanding.

Mike & Chad
      Last edited by Yolo; 03-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.
      SIGNATURE

Doing the best we can for SDReefs.com and our Reefing Community.

Have you read the post: Etiquette for newbies?

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22223

Closed Thread

Thread Information