I could really use everyones expertise on this. It's kind of a multi part question

I was cleaning my tank and accidentally let one of the doors on the canopy slam shut. I have a power compact retrofit lighting system with 2x 96 watt quad bulbs. When it slammed one of the lights went out. Naturally my first impression was the impact messed up the bulb, but when I changed out bulbs it still didn't work. When I tested the other side it went out too. Could this be a coincidence and unrelated with the slam?

So my questions to you guys are:

-Do you think this is something fixable/worth fixing? If fixable, are you or anyone you know good with electrics? I'm very much so a DIYer but one thing I've learned not to mess with if you don't know what your doing is electricity!

Being my main source of light for my tank, I don't want my corals to start dying off while I figure this out. If fixing this is a lost cause or going to cost me as much as the retrofit kit is worth, then I guess it's time to start thinking about other options. I'm thinking LED for the long-haul. Which brings me to part two of my question.

-I'm sure a good amount of you are using LED, any suggestions or words from the wise?

I have a 135gal 24" deep. The other lights on there are 2x 65w actinics and a AquaRay 30w Aqua Beam 1000 reef white. Both from old systems (new bulbs on the 65w though) just on there as supplements. I have no problem with removing those for better lighting. If I have to get new a new system for my tank I want to get something that is good on my electric bills and will suit my needs down the line for a full reef. $$$ is definitely an issue but I would rather get quality that's flexible and spend more than cut corners and regret it later.

Thanks for any and all help, I know you guys are great so I really appreciate it!