• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VETS PETS feed back

jbvdhp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

VP is awesome. Ashley, Chris... they're all super helpful, patient, and very knowledgeable. I love that their prices on livestock are really competitive, if not the best in town. I can always count on them.

socalaly is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I couldn't agree more. The most honest fish store around. Love that he'll give you the straight up truth on all the fished. Suggesting to wait a week and picking the best animal for you. You can tell they really care!
      Aly Gator is here

pinoyreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you again Vets pets. You guys are so asome and I feel so welcome in your store ever.

Couple days ago when I took out my purple tang and give it to a friend because petkingdom is holding an achilles tang for me. I made a room for achilles tang, and when I get to petkingdom I was watching the achilles and I saw both fins of the achilles are broken. So I called the saltwater guy and I told him that Im here to pick up the achilles. I ask him if they can give me discount for the fish since both of the fins are broken. I explain him that taking the achilles tang on that situation is taking a big risk and I will risk my $130 for this fish, but he said "I cant do that because this fish are very expensive". I undrstand and still try to explain my part and I told him that "Im sorry I just dont want to pay $160 for an achilles with broken fins, I have to pass this time". What amazed me is his next move after I told him that "I will pass this time". This guy pulled the tape off (it was written to the tape "achilles hold for John") from display and walked away and thats how end up our conversations. That is very sad. Very very sad and I dont feel welcome at all. Because of that I will never go back to that store ever again.

Vets pets Thank you very much and I like the way you talked to all your customer you guys are the best. And thank you for getting me a much bigger and spotless and much colorful achilles for $135 only.

scubasteve is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Chillin and helpful

I am:
      Cool

Cris was saying he got Achilles! That's awesome dude!

Vets Pets is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Pinoyreef:
      Let us know how both of the Achilles do for you guys! They are gorgeous fish, one of my personal favorite tangs. Glad we could help you out, and definitely glad we could find you a good looking Achilles quickly!

Thanks everyone! The positive feedback on our admittedly stubborn sales policy is very good to hear. We strive to make sure that the fish and it's new caretaker both have the best chance and experience possible! It's always nice to hear that our efforts succeed.

I am:
      Cool

GREAT JOB GUYS/GALS!!!!!!!! Always happy with my fish there!!!!

cutterx23 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

My first experience with VP, I went in and saw a yellow fuzzy dwarf lion fish for super cheap. Knowing how rare and beautiful and typically expensive these fish are, I had to buy it immediately. Unfortunately for me somebody else had already noticed and reserved it until it was eating. This baffled me, I offered double the amount to Chris and told him I'd take it eating or not, but of course he said no. This all did not go over great with me at the time and I was a bit frustrated, but he gave me a deal on some other stuff and took my info down so he could let me know when he found another one. I continued shopping there pretty regularly, especially Tuesday evenings , and this became one of my favorite LFS. A year went by and I got a call from Chris telling me he had found my yellow fuzzy dwarf! The man spent a whole year looking for the right fish for me! That's the greatest customer service and dedication to your job I've ever seen! Even I had started to forget about it, but not Chris. VP is hands down the best place in San Diego to buy fish! Period.

pescado is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx23 View Post
      My first experience with VP, I went in and saw a yellow fuzzy dwarf lion fish for super cheap. Knowing how rare and beautiful and typically expensive these fish are, I had to buy it immediately. Unfortunately for me somebody else had already noticed and reserved it until it was eating. This baffled me, I offered double the amount to Chris and told him I'd take it eating or not, but of course he said no. This all did not go over great with me at the time and I was a bit frustrated.
      VP is THE model for excellent customer service in this hobby.
      I'm sure you'd admit that if you were the guy with a fish on hold, you wouldn't appreciate it if someone came in, offered more money, and they sold it out from under you.
      Happened to me elsewhere with a 100% deposit down. I couldn't take it at the time cause I was clearing out my QT. Came back 2 days later to PU & they "didn't know what happened" to it. It still said sold with my name on the tank but no fish in it. I don't go there anymore.
      Wonder if Chris still has that NasoTang I want on his list? I kinda gave up on it after not hearing anything.

I am:
      Cool

Cris gets nasos in each week- I saw 3 there on tuesday in different sizes. Just call him up and ask if they are still in.

SDguy is offline Site Moderator
      My status is: All good

I am:
      Geeky

VP is great. Chris is extremely knowledgeable, and his employees are very friends and helpful.
      Peter

Salty fingers since 1989. Current tanks: 240g FOWLR, 15g QT.

pylos is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Vet's Pets is my favorite store for fish hands down.
      Jerad

PresidntEvil is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

This store is good, though I live near AW and ASD, I was pleasently surprised by the quality of the fish. I bought a kole tang, and some other things. The prices were good, and the person who helped me was very knowledgeble..

jkennedy1007 is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Reefer

I am:
      Hungry

Will not catch me anywhere else!
      unless I'm being paid too

What this store lacks in Size & Display tanks
      "compared to most around" makes up with the......

Best customer service experience in East County / Specialized Ordering of Stock & Equipment /Extremely Friendly Knowledgeable Staff / Great learning environment for kids & adults / Showroom is always well stocked with all accessorizes you would find at a larger BCPS./ Big selection of Frozen & Dry goods./ Does not stink or smell like a pet store - very clean well maintained shop.
      Ease of mind!- when it comes to health and or eating habits of inhabitants / with plenty of parking.

THANKS VP Staff
      &
      Owner Chris C
      for 10+ years of excellent service and looking forward to another 10+

Joshua K

crabbysd is offline Registered User
      My status is: Damp to the armpit

I am:
      Geeky

i dont buy fish anywhere else

apax is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I only buy fishes here... only quality at this place...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information