New Page 2

Welcome to San Diego Reefs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Duecejt's pond

Post Thanks / Like
    Had that thought too. But it looks nice on the bottom. Not going to have a 1" bed or anything just a light amount to give it some depth and make it a little more natural. I can barely see into it at this time. Got a algae bloom in the water column. Need to hunt down a sterilizer.

Post Thanks / Like
    UV is a must for a pond exposed to full sun. Maybe think of a shade sail. Be sure the UV is appropriate for your GPH on the pump.
    May 15th koi club is having an auction where you can buy some decent koi at a reduced price.
    Did you learn what the kind of koi you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have to come check it out Therapy. Not sure the names of the types of Koi. I have a total of 8 now. The water is now clear thanks to the 25w UV sterilizer. Took about 10 days to clear it all up. The plants are really taking off too. I saw at Costco they had those shade sails for $30. Probably need to grab one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated with a few new pics. Photobucket is giving me problems so I hope this works.

Last edited by duecejt; 05-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Work Josh! Did you dig that by hand?
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,
    No one but ourselves can free our minds.
    Bob Marley

My Tank: http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10341

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I did...I thought you were coming over to help? Just kidding. Hey you want some dirt? I had help one day from a friend and his jack hammer. Boy this dirt here in Santee gets hard about 2 feet down. Have to come check it out Swissfish! Come see the reef too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work Josh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duecejt View Post
    Yeah I did...I thought you were coming over to help? Just kidding. Hey you want some dirt? I had help one day from a friend and his jack hammer. Boy this dirt here in Santee gets hard about 2 feet down. Have to come check it out Swissfish! Come see the reef too!
    Did not get the memo all you needed for me to swing by is a Growler filled at Manzanita and a shovel.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,
    No one but ourselves can free our minds.
    Bob Marley

My Tank: http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10341

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I knew that during the 3 months I spend digging this beast. JK! An hour here and hour there and 1 day with help and a jackhammer....Progress was made.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great, just stumbled on this thread. Do I hear outdoor saltwater pond / shark reef in the future? Ha!
    Jerad

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not that crazy Pylos.... I have seen a shark pond at a residence. The pond took up his entire garage. It was an above ground pool with a 55 gallon drum converted to a Bio filter. He had a huge pile of LR in the center and for live stock he had a few Smooth hound sharks, yellow tangs and a few small stingrays. Pretty cool actually. Wish I had a pic of it to share.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information