• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Predator PDFS-1S Protein Skimmer w/ Sedra 9000 pump (rated to 180 gals)

Bubblehead is offline Registered User
      My status is: Happy

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Predator PDFS-1S Protein Skimmer w/ Sedra 9000 pump (rated to 180 gals)

For sale, a used Predator PDFS-1S downdraft skimmer with Sedra 9000 pump. I bought this setup from another guy on the boards to use in my new 180 gal setup but am going another way based on my sump setup. Check out the details here: http://www.customaquatic.com/estore/...t=PS-MQPDFS-IS.

Including a Sedra 9000 pump to drive the skimmer. Skimmer is rated up to 180 gals. I have a bunch of bio balls that can be used in the skimmer that I'll throw in.

Asking $150, but will consider reasonable offers via PM or text: (260) 488-8531.

I'm in Chula Vista but work in Poway so I can be flexible with pickup. Would be willing to meet at AquaSD or SD Aquarium Rock for pickup as well.

This was previously used on Mazilla's amazing tank, so it can definitely support a seriously nice reef. You can check out his thread here:
      http://www.sandiegoreefs.com/forums/...la-s-reef...-2

Pic of skimmer in Mazilla's setup:
      Attachment 35352
      Last edited by Bubblehead; 12-01-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added text number

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Pending Dom_Michael

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sold! Dom_Michael, nice to meet you. I'll post some pics once I get the LED set up over my tank.

inetmug is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hi all,

I have looked like crazy on the net for a manual or information on how to plumb up this Predator downdraft skimmer I inherited. It is only 180G and I have 250, but I need to use it for a bit as cash has tightened (not such thing as a free tank LOL). It looks like customaquatic still sells them for $208.

I know where the water input is. I understand where the air control is and its purpose, there is a valve for that. But I am at a loss as to how the cap could stay on where I believe the return goes. Perhaps the water pressure is just so low on the input gate valve that it will not push off the cap? Unfortunate, there was not enough attention to detail when it was broken down.

I am also confused as to the aspect of bio balls in down draft skimmers. I read an article posted by a fellow reefer here trying to help me out and it said the addition of bio balls to a downdraft can make it better. I have never seen a picture in any down draft skimmers that have bio balls to date.

Can you by chance remember how this thing worked?

Rod is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Anyone...? I need as well a manual.. To set this bad boy up. I can't find any info on it, I don't have a clue at this point at all. inetmug did you find out anything. Or can you share what you know about this skimmer?. Thanks Rod

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information