• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shop! New Products! Tell us what YOU want to see more of!

AquaSD is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

New Shop! New Products! Tell us what YOU want to see more of!

Hey Guys!

So we are building out our new place right now, and can't wait for everyone to check it out

For these next couple months, we will be bringing in more products for the new shop, but please tell us what you would like to see more of at our new location.

More dry goods?
      More frozen foods?
      More fish?
      More corals?

ect.

Any input will be helpful for us to plan out the new place. All suggestions are welcomed, post it below!!!

Thanks everyone for all your support!

Aqua SD

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

I think you guys have the corals covered Will! Only thing different I could see myself buying from AquaSD that I get elsewhere currently is ATI and Giesseman T5 bulbs...even if you only carried ATI I would be happy with that. It seems to be the brand that most of us that use T5's still prefer.

Regarding food I may not even be aware if you already carry some of this but goes to show I haven't looked in quite some time because I'm under the impression you don't. Hikari mysis, SF Bay Brand foods (Emerald Entree is my fav), and prawn eggs. PE Mysis is great too, it can be on the larger side but I think they carry smaller ones now in different flat packs.

I understand you have a business so the various products have to bring in a good enough return for the shelf space they take up so for me personally it it comes to dry goods versus corals, I feel like I can get good enough deals online, through group buys, Custom Aquatic, BRS, etc., on the dry goods I most commonly use that I'd personally prefer more of the retail space used for corals and fish.

I'm just speaking about me personally so take this feedback with a grain of salt. I think that I for the most part have typically only purchased corals at AquaSD. The fish section for me personally has lacked, probably because I've been in the hobby for quite sometime now and I'm not usually looking for the common fish that every LFS carries but I also understand that as a LFS owner you want to buy what has a good success factor and quick sales turnover.

Ultimately, it's really what AquaSD wants to be known for. I think the majority of SD would agree that if you want the most rare and brightest coral options consistently AquaSD is where you will find that and the biggest selection. The price point is what causes some people to shy away but as I've said before with your frags selection it offers a hobbyist on a tighter budget to still obtain some more rare and colorful corals without dropping the coin needed for a full colony. The frag pack specials have also been a hit IMO.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

AquaSD is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks for the input Marlon!

We are planning on doubling our system for fish, so be on a look out for those rarer types of fish and inverts we normally do not have.

We will be adding an additional freezer to carry the Hikari and SF Bay Brand Foods as well, along with our full line of H20 foods.

We will be expanding our drygoods section about 50% more too, and carry a few more items we are not carrying right now (like the ATIs).

Also will be adding another 6 foot tank for more SPS as well, so there will be 6 feet of SPS colonies then 6 feet of SPS frags!

Very excited about all of this, really can't wait for Jan for the re-grand opening!

h20poloman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: I'd rather be reefing than
      working

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSD View Post
      Thanks for the input Marlon!

We are planning on doubling our system for fish, so be on a look out for those rarer types of fish and inverts we normally do not have.

We will be adding an additional freezer to carry the Hikari and SF Bay Brand Foods as well, along with our full line of H20 foods.

We will be expanding our drygoods section about 50% more too, and carry a few more items we are not carrying right now (like the ATIs).

Also will be adding another 6 foot tank for more SPS as well, so there will be 6 feet of SPS colonies then 6 feet of SPS frags!

Very excited about all of this, really can't wait for Jan for the re-grand opening!
      Looking forward to it, plus as I can go next door and sing my heart out. If there is a cigar lounge in the same complex I may become a permanent fixture there.
      187G Reef Savvy 60x30x24

00/0Feedback

sdsocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

Hmmm a couch and a TV then I will really never have to go home............

SD Actuary is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

A chocolate fountain would be nice.

Possible a live-brine machine.

rodbuster229 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Chillin

I am:
      Hungry

Live misyds would be killer

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

Not reef related but how about vending machines?

How about selling tanks?

jessegarcia28 is offline Registered User
      My status is: @work

I am:
      Sneaky

Led Tvs

nanoreefbro is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

To piggy back off what Marlin said you definitely have the corals locked down solid. I know I would like to see more hard to get fish as well as more dry goods, and equipment. Getting supplies online definitely has its benefits as a consumer but being able to go to your LFS to grab a bag of Reef Crystals salt in an emergency is golden.

Carrying popular supplies in the market like Ecotech, LED's, biopellets.

Greater selection of Frozen foods such as Cyclopeeze, Hikari, Prawn eggs. I think if you can do these things your store will become a one stop shop Will.

Duke4130 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Tropic Marin pro reef salt please

SD Actuary is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Also Red Sea Pro salt

Myocyte is offline Registered User
      My status is: Over it

I am:
      Tired

Do you all currently carry pods? It would be cool if you guys had a pod farm and people could buy a sponge full to feed their picky fish, like mandarins and whatnot.

woogiekids is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sdsocal View Post
      Hmmm a couch and a TV then I will really never have to go home............
      Ahem. You do realize I read this right? -

I second (or third) the feeder animals: ghosties, brines, pods, etc for those of us with the love for picky eaters.

Oh, and a corral for children so that Chris and I can come in at the same time. Like Ikea.

Drew_Inna_SD is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I would agree with what most people said... More fish, more food items and live food, and to add my idea, maintenance items such as the sponges for TLF reactors, sponges for my mp10, things like that...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information