• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 3 LED Fixtures!!!

Acefspds is offline Registered User
      My status is: ~.~

I am:
      Annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
      Well I for one didnt see anyone asking for comments. I dont get why you feel you have to jump into others threads and inject unsolicited comments.
      I did actually ask him for his opinion on the matter when all this started. I asked him to read over the thread and give some imput.

I welcome any imput/feedback from anyone out there good/bad/indifferent.
      [CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]55 Gal Uniquarium 2x54w Fiji Purple, ATI Blue+ Actinic - 100 lbs LR - Bare Bottom - Softie, LPS, SPS - Vortech MP40 [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SeaGreen"]28 Gal Nano Cube 150w 20K HQI - 30+lbs LR - 40+lbs LS - Softie Tank[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]14 Gal BioCube 8x3w LED Retro 4 x 6500k SemiLED (200lm @700mA, 60 Degree Optics ) 4 x 445nm SemiLED - Vortech MP10 - PNG True Perc Breeder w/ BTA[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SandyBrown"]10 Gal 1.8w LED Strips - FOWLR Baby Onyx Clownfish Tank [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Sienna"]05 Gal 1w LED Strip - Bare Bottom Freshwater KilliFish Tank[/COLOR] [/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U][SIZE="3"]Acefspds[/SIZE][/U][/B]
      [B][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]8[/COLOR]/[COLOR="yellow"]0[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR] Feedback[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER]

LarryM is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Acefspds View Post
      Awesome info there.

Would also like to ask LarryM what brand of LED's are in "your" fixture? What about the lights being in a row. I have heard bad things about burning corals with lights like that. Heard from people buying frags off me that post on this forum.
      Epistar LEDs.. Actually all the light are spaced symmetrically (even) all though the fixture... Again your using hearsay... show me proof on what you call rows burning corals...
      Don't even try to say people are having problems with the light purchase from my buy on their tanks unless you can provide proof.
      There are many lights out there from my group buy, other buys, and retail stores.
      I want you to provide me with anybody who is dissatisfied with the performance of the lights (from one of my buys) on their corals.

I have seen nothing but the opposite posted here. Much Praise for the growth and colors...

Quote Originally Posted by DanaPointReefer View Post
      Anyone who is interested in a complete LED fixture plug n play, look no further. I just got mine from Larry's last order and I couldn't be happier. I also have been looking around quite a bit at others on the market and other group buys. This is still the most bang for the buck I have seen. This is a nice, solid unit and I'm putting together some more money to buy 1 or probably 2 more of these units. I picked a higher blue ratio so somewhere close to 70% blue and 30% white. This looks like the radium I have on the other side of the room from it.......I mean almost dead on the same color.
      Quote Originally Posted by Shemp View Post
      I also second what Danapointreefer has said. I bought one, and have put in the order for a second. these units are incredible, and programmable, and elegant looking. I will be eventually running 4 of these units on my 125.
      Many other comments I have seen from SDR posters who are more than happy with the fixtures

How have your lights been performing over aquariums with corals?
      Have you seen them operating?
      tested them?
      measured the PAR output?
      seen anybodies tank that has one over it?
      Quite a risky purchase in my opinion if you have not.

I did all this before even offering a buy. And I rejected lights (that seemed similar) from other manufacturers before accepting the one I did. They are not all equal out there.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]--------------------------------------------
      [COLOR="Blue"]Need holes cut in glass? Custom Tanks or Repairs, PM me what you would like[/COLOR]

180g Inwall Mixed: [SIZE="1"]Arched reef,Saddleback and Bluestripe clown pairs,Disjarnini,Purple,powder blue and hippo tang,gold/blue blenny,watchman goby,tiger pistol,Purple Tile pair. [/SIZE]
      34 Red Sea Max LED: [SIZE="1"]6 Black Ocellaris clownfish,[/SIZE]
      34 Red Sea Max II:[SIZE="1"]For Juviniile Aussie Black Ossc, [/SIZE]
      [url=http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48559] Feedback [/url]

I am:
      Annoyed

Epistar LEDs.. Actually all the light are spaced symmetrically (even) all though the fixture... Again your using hearsay... show me proof on what you call rows burning corals...
      Don't even try to say people are having problems with the light purchase from my buy on their tanks unless you can provide proof.
      There are many lights out there from my group buy, other buys, and retail stores.
      I want you to provide me with anybody who is dissatisfied with the performance of the lights (from one of my buys) on their corals.

I have seen nothing but the opposite posted here. Much Praise for the growth and colors...

Many other comments I have seen from SDR posters who are more than happy with the fixtures

How have your lights been performing over aquariums with corals?
      Have you seen them operating?
      tested them?
      measured the PAR output?
      seen anybodies tank that has one over it?
      Quite a risky purchase in my opinion if you have not.

I did all this before even offering a buy. And I rejected lights (that seemed similar) from other manufacturers before accepting the one I did. They are not all equal out there.
      Everything is gonna be heresay to you. I would rather hear it from anothers reefers mouth then read it on a box or meter or something. I get comments everytime somone buys corals from me. I ask every person that walks in my door what lights they use and how they like them. Just opinions from others in the hobby other then reading numbers and words on the makers site.

You say you order Epistar led's. My GB light has those led's in them as well as other typs. So knocking this fixture is in a way knocking the one your selling seeing as how they use the same led's. The led's are the same led's in your light probabley just 2w instead of 1. Most all of these fixtures will have the same insides as the other. Only differences is in how its made. Mine is wired different offering circuit protection (which costs more money to do and is also an upgrade) and yours does not. If one light would go out on your light chances are the whole seres will go out as well leaving it up to you (LarryM the certified repair person) I guess since you havent said otherwise, to fix and if you (LarryM as the certified repair person) cant fix it off to China it goes spending $70 each way to ship it and losing the light for probabley 2 weeks or more. This one would leave you with one (1) of your led's out which is easily identified and replaced in a local California Service Center (Not your house). We have already seen a Gen 1 fixture (not from your GB but from another with a very similar fixture) having problems with a seres of lights going out. Was actually posted here for sale with the comments posted it looked like it was less of a hasstle just to take a little payout then getting it fixed. Problems like that is what we are trying to stop with this light.

I cant order any of the lights unless I order 10 and like I said I dont know how many times, I do not run a business selling lights like some people are doing so ordering 10 would be stupid for me to do. I am not getting these in through a license like you are doing.

My price INCLUDES tax! none of this 245 + tax = BS
      Last edited by Acefspds; 01-18-2011 at 07:59 PM.
      [CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]55 Gal Uniquarium 2x54w Fiji Purple, ATI Blue+ Actinic - 100 lbs LR - Bare Bottom - Softie, LPS, SPS - Vortech MP40 [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SeaGreen"]28 Gal Nano Cube 150w 20K HQI - 30+lbs LR - 40+lbs LS - Softie Tank[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]14 Gal BioCube 8x3w LED Retro 4 x 6500k SemiLED (200lm @700mA, 60 Degree Optics ) 4 x 445nm SemiLED - Vortech MP10 - PNG True Perc Breeder w/ BTA[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SandyBrown"]10 Gal 1.8w LED Strips - FOWLR Baby Onyx Clownfish Tank [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Sienna"]05 Gal 1w LED Strip - Bare Bottom Freshwater KilliFish Tank[/COLOR] [/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[B][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]8[/COLOR]/[COLOR="yellow"]0[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR] Feedback[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER]

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hmm... there were improvements to the circuitry and wiring in my last group purchase of lights... guess their Gen 4 (sorry couldn't resist) How do we get this to stop? I tried.. you wont quit..

Everything is gonna be here-say to you.
      Only because that is what you keep saying... "I heard" "someone said"
      Want to know the term for that?

I would rather hear it from another's reefers mouth then read it on a box or meter or something. I get comments everytime somone buys corals from me. I ask every person that walks in my door what lights they use and how they like them. Just opinions from others in the hobby other then reading numbers and words on the makers site.
      Thats good reasoning.. for making a decision.. but not for making factual statements.

SO are you saying... facts mean nothing to you? actual readings from other reefers on here for comparisons mean nothing to you? databases of information mean nothing to you?

Didn't you say the only reason you chose this light was that you came across it? read about it? Kind of hypocritical.

You say you order Epistar led's. My GB light has those led's in them as well as other typs. So knocking this fixture is in a way knocking the one your selling seeing as how they use the same led's.
      Where did I say anything about the type of LEDs? My comment was that they were the same... Epistar makes a good LED... You were trying to make the point that yours used Epistar which made them better. ..oh yeah.. I have failed to mention that the manufacturer I use also offers all their product with CREE LEDs should the buyer care to purchase at an additional fee. so both have that capability too...

Ramble all you wish.. you have yet to support any claims... except "I heard" which bears no factual information to someone trying to make a decision to purchase.

BTW I don't know of any manufacturer that wont sell a sample unit to someone interested in making a bulk purchase. I bought a few from manufacturers that had normal minimum orders. Yeah I ate a few questionable lights.. but that is better than ordering a batch of undesirables.

Most all of these fixtures will have the same insides as the other. Only differences is in how its made. Mine is wired different offering circuit protection (which costs more money to do and is also an upgrade) and yours does not.
      How many have you personally looked in? you statement is wrong.

as far as your circuit... well see... as I stated.. What does it matter if it is broke... it needs to be repaired. to your other comment.. yes the manufacturer has authorized me.. or the owner can do it themselves.. to repair the components in the light... so far I have yet to see a customer have to Wait over an hour to get a light repaired.. in the San Diego Area.
      If a Owner is capable I can send them a power module they can just unplug and plug in... simple. Now lets say something goes wrong on the circuit board... both have to have the board replaced.... Both have to be shipped.. Don't know where you got $75 because Mine is free, how much is yours?

And if that happens... do you have a light you would be able to loan while the other is out for repair? Guess what...

Your really starting to try and sling trash now.. pretty pathetic.

If something has variable cost options you can not charge one tax rate... and still be legal.. Why is that BS.. you may wish to discuss that with BOE. I dont intend to put myself in that situation.

You should go back and look at you own comments... to include
      Dont look at this thread as competition..... Again lets not turn this into another fight or debate thread.
      So why did you solicit someone else to fan this back up? And put it in another members post that had no issue in this... This is really getting rediculous... my whole point was that your lights are not the whole big new step to GEN 3 except for this new circuit it is nothing new... AT ALL.. period. All you other comments, rants, and ravings are unsupported and as such.. worthless...

Remeber... I offered to delete my post if you took out the comment that attempted to state all the previous LED fixtures sold here on SDR were substandard to this product you are trying to sell.. It was your original unsupported degrading comment towards other products that started this. My defense was and is to those that have purchased those products and may in the future. This is the whole reason this thread has ran off topic.

since you decided to turn this into a name calling and not just on topic... have fun.. best of luck... I for one am done with this conversation.
      [COLOR="Blue"]Need holes cut in glass? Custom Tanks or Repairs, PM me what you would like[/COLOR]

180g Inwall Mixed: [SIZE="1"]Arched reef,Saddleback and Bluestripe clown pairs,Disjarnini,Purple,powder blue and hippo tang,gold/blue blenny,watchman goby,tiger pistol,Purple Tile pair. [/SIZE]

I am:
      Annoyed

Larry look I would rather hear it from another persons mouth then read it from the maker of the light that clames this is what it will do. I want to hear it from someone who has actually used the led's. Plain and simple. Your putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say anything about the type of LEDs? My comment was that they were the same... Epistar makes a good LED... You were trying to make the point that yours used Epistar which made them better. ..oh yeah.. I have failed to mention that the manufacturer I use also offers all their product with CREE LEDs should the buyer care to purchase at an additional fee. so both have that capability too...
      All you have done is rant and rave about this post since it started because it gives your fixture "compitition". I never said mine was a step up because of the LED's. your just trying to put words in my mouth now. Not only can we get Crees and Epistar in these fixtures Bridgelux is also available. You hit on color. 6500k is base model but they do offer spectrums up in the 10-12,000 range as well. Would like to add it has taken this long for you to say what led is in your light and how many buys have you had?

Thats good reasoning.. for making a decision.. but not for making factual statements.

SO are you saying... facts mean nothing to you? actual readings from other reefers on here for comparisons mean nothing to you? databases of information mean nothing to you?
      This makes no sence. First you say that getting info from others is heresay and isnt credable but above it asks "actual readings from other reefers on here for comparisons mean nothing to you"... Thats what me asking them how they like the lights and how they preform isnt it? Just because some info is in numbers and some info is in "this is how my corals look under led's" comin from others. I would rather hear what others have had happened.

What does it matter if it is broke... it needs to be repaired.
      I would rather have someone who does this for a living working in a real service center thats trained to work on the lights do repairs then some guy in his garage that might see things right. Personally I wouldnt trust just any joe to work on a light thats gonna have so much use. I would rather have someone do it that actually knows what they are doing.

yes the manufacturer has authorized me
      How so? What training did a conpany in China give you on the lights? Did you have a hands on training class or something? What experience do you have working on the lights? How long have you been doing it? Do you have all the needed supplies on hand for all repairs? Fans? extra bulbs? Circuit boards? Interested to know how you was "authorized"...

And if that happens... do you have a light you would be able to loan while the other is out for repair?
      Yes a loner light will be given. Do you offer this? Sorry I forgot to add that to the buy. Thanks for the reminder.

Your really starting to try and sling trash now.. pretty pathetic.
      Thats all your posts have been so far.

If something has variable cost options you can not charge one tax rate... and still be legal.. Why is that BS.. you may wish to discuss that with BOE. I dont intend to put myself in that situation
      Taxes are included in my price which arent on yours. I am not bringing them in under any license like you are. I am not buying them wholesale like you are. This is a Group Buy and a Group Buy only. Group buys the people you buy from should charge the taxes not you. I am not selling lights for a profit like you are. A business charges tax... Are you a business? If so you should be paying sponsorship fees. Plus I have seen these lights direct for $150+ shipping. Why are yours 245? Shipping cost $95?

So why did you solicit someone else to fan this back up? And put it in another members post that had no issue in this... This is really getting rediculous... my whole point was that your lights are not the whole big new step to GEN 3 except for this new circuit it is nothing new... AT ALL.. period
      If thats all the difference is why are yours so much better? Mine has circuit protection. What does yours have? Even other sites list fixtures as gen1, gen2, gen3. Just because you dont know or use the term dosnt mean it isnt used.

Remeber... I offered to delete my post if you took out the comment that attempted to state all the previous LED fixtures sold here on SDR were substandard to this product you are trying to sell.. It was your original unsupported degrading comment towards other products that started this. My defense was and is to those that have purchased those products and may in the future. This is the whole reason this thread has ran off topic.
      I never said any of that... I just said In my opinion......Since when can i not have an opinion. You have thrown your opinions everywhere led is mentioned.

I for one am done with this conversation.
      I find that very hard to believe.
      Last edited by Acefspds; 01-18-2011 at 10:43 PM.

ricenoodle is offline Registered User
      My status is: Cube Addict

I am:
      Set you mood here...

My PC fixture works great over my QT Tank
      [B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FF0000"]My Tank Build [URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?131933-Ricenoodle-Red-Sea-Reefer-170"]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?131933-Ricenoodle-Red-Sea-Reefer-170[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by ricenoodle View Post
      My PC fixture works great over my QT Tank
      Glad there is humor someplace LOL!!!
      I have T-8's over mine

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Looks familiar..What does that price say?. assumptions?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/37..._Aquarium.html

I am:
      Annoyed

Looks familiar..What does that price say?. assumptions?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/37..._Aquarium.html

That's nice and all but that's wholesale. I'm not getting these wholesale. Thought I said that plus who is to say that's even the same light? I dont see options mine has listed....... I'm sure the person I am getting them from didn't give me his price as you don't give anyone yours.
      Last edited by Acefspds; 01-19-2011 at 11:50 AM.

drainbamage is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I for one can't wait for the gen-10 LED's, I've heard they're going to have pretty sweet features.

junkie is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I am not selling lights for a profit like you are. A business charges tax... Are you a business? If so you should be paying sponsorship fees.
      This is my favorite so far! Does this rule apply to livestock as well?
      [url]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60735[/url]
      t=66829[COLOR="Blue"]<some tank pics[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Red"]feedback>[/COLOR]. [url]http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66829[/url]

I am:
      Annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by junkie View Post
      This is my favorite so far! Does this rule apply to livestock as well?
      My fees have been paid to Blake thanks =-) Not my fault my status hasnt changed.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
      I for one can't wait for the gen-10 LED's, I've heard they're going to have pretty sweet features.
      Other places list them as Gen1 (G1), Gen2 (G2), and Gen3 (G3)......
      Here is one just for an example..... http://www.reefkoi.com/
      Its just a term.... Let it go.....Maybe they made it up before I got a chance to...
      Thanks for your .02 tho DrainBamage!
      Last edited by Acefspds; 01-19-2011 at 11:52 AM.

ReefTank123 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

group buy

It seems that part of the problem is the concept of a "group buy". Then there are the remaining technical issues like optics, spectrum, etc. to be hashed out.
      From Wikipedia: Tuángòu (pronounced "twangoo"), which loosely translates as team buying or group buying (also known as store mobbing), is a recently developed shopping strategy originating in the People's Republic of China. Several people - sometimes friends, but possibly strangers connected over the internet - agree to approach a vendor of a specific product in order to haggle with the proprietor as a group in order to get discounts. The entire group agrees to purchase the same item. The shoppers benefit by paying less, and the business benefits by selling multiple items at once.
      Which are which here? Group buys, or retail sales?
      [url]www.ReefTank123.com[/url]
      Product and practice evaluation systems. 150 gal mixed reef, RK2 skimmer, Iwaki, Vortech. 180 gal custom Starphire mixed reef.

Shemp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Can i still like both Acefspds and Larrym even though you guys hate each other, or do i have to take sides like a child when his parents get divorced and has to choose which one to live with....
      125gal, two sumps, 120w LED 1:1 ratio 14000k:453NM, 120W LED 1.5:1 ratio 140000k:453NM 2 x 96w 10k PC, skimmer,

saltwater760 is offline Registered User
      My status is: exhausted

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Ha ha ha wow another funny thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information