• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: LED Fixture Group purchase

LarryM is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

LED Fixture Group purchase

OK again people are asking about ordering after I have sent the buy order in. If you are truly interested I can try and fit another order in before Christmas. started new buy on http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showth...750#post594750
      I will be taking orders between now and 9 Nov. I plan to receive shipment no later than than 30 Nov. This is a good time to make your holiday requests.
      Please post inquiries to me via PM so I do not miss it.

I have done some research on purchasing LED Fixtures for reef tanks. I have found a fixture that exceeded the output of other fixtures being offered and meets my requirements. I am offering a purchase for anyone interested in upgrading to or buying a LED fixture.

Some fixtures sold in the local marked have been found to be missing a critical part to the performance of the fixture… namely Heatsinks. The fixtures of this purchase HAVE integrated heatsinks that cover the entire LED bulb assembly. Heatsinks are a must in a led fixture to keep heat from the LED bulbs. Heat is the primary cause of failure in an LED. Also there are vents on all four sides (many I have seen only have vents on two sides) which improves air flow over the heatsinks.

The 120W fixture purchased in the last buy is 16" long x 8.5" wide and 3.0" high. The LED panel window is 12" x 4.75".

This is how I mounted fixtures over my 60 x 30 x 24 180 inwall. I used Light lifters (avail for $19 comes with a pair of lifters that hold 22lbs. 120 fixture is 10 lbs)

One thing I like about this manufaturer is they are willing to offer white lights from 4500K to 20000K and Blues from 440-470nm.

There are other spectrums available :red620nm-660nm;orange610-615nm;yellow:585-595nm;green500-530nm;UV380-440nm;IR730-850nm most of which do not concern saltwater aquarium usage.

My choice was to go with 14000k and 453nm. 16000k will give a slightly whiter look

Also they offered options of ratio mixes and I chose as close to a 1:1 as possible. 63 whites and 56 blues arranged as in picture.

There is a timer option available for $25 extra... the timer is pretty good as you can set on off times in eight different modes:
      you could have all come on at the same time and off at the same time
      you could have blues come on earlier and turn off later than whites.
      you can have different times on different days of the week

PAR READINGS??? After my sample unit arrived I set it up over my tank and took some readings... I am Very impressed as th PAR reading are much Higher that some other 120w fixtures that are out there. And the spread was very good as you san see in my readings. I did measurements with White only, Blue only, and then with both. I also did a spread reading to the sides with both colors on at 6", 9", 12", 15", 18" and 20" in water. The lamp assembly is two inches above the water. Compare the following ( as measured by laffingcrow in another thread) to MH 250W @ 11" depth= 150 PAR @ sand bed 20"depth = 100 PAR ;T5s 2-wt/2bl 11" = 100 PAR @ sand bed 20" depth 50 PAR

The manufacturers seller has continued the discount price from the last purchase for the described unit (120W 63-14000k (or 16000K) whites and 56-453nm blues arranged as in picture) and they are currently available for $245 (Shipping included). This is a corded model without a timer.

A Timer option is $25 additional per unit.
      Standard case comes in white and black cases are $10 extra per unit.

The company manufactures lamps in 90w,120w(like this one),180w,200w, 300w and 600W for your selection.
      120W (119 - 1w LEDs) 16" x 8.5" x3" $245

More PAR for deeper applications (same as 120w fixture)
      160W (119 - 2W LEDs) 120w size $340
      160W (119 - 3W LEDs) 120w size $370
      180W (119 - 3W LEDs) 120w size $390

Larger spread with larger fixture
      160w (160 - 1w LEDs) 19" x 12.5" x 3.7" $430 The manufacture noted the brilliance on this model is a little lower due to wider spacing.
      180w (180 - 1w LEDs) 19" x 12.5" x 3.7" $460
      300w (288 - 1w LEDs) 19" x 12.5" x 3.7" $550

Big application with Large fixture
      600w (576-1w LEDs) 36" x 12.5" x 3.7" $990

WARRANTY: All fixtures are warranteed for three years. The manufacturer has authorized me to verify defects and even make repairs on replacable components. If repairs exceed local capability the manufacturer will cover shipping the component for the first two years. The third year the customer can ship the unit to the manufaturer and all repair costs will be free.

When you send request in pm and I confirm cost of order, I will send a paypal invoice (unless you are paying cash). Just so you are aware I am bringing these in under my license so tax will be charged as I have to pay it.

Please post inquiries to me via PM so I do not miss it.
      Last edited by LarryM; 11-21-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: date change
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]--------------------------------------------
      [COLOR="Blue"]Need holes cut in glass? Custom Tanks or Repairs, PM me what you would like[/COLOR]

180g Inwall Mixed: [SIZE="1"]Arched reef,Saddleback and Bluestripe clown pairs,Disjarnini,Purple,powder blue and hippo tang,gold/blue blenny,watchman goby,tiger pistol,Purple Tile pair. [/SIZE]
      34 Red Sea Max LED: [SIZE="1"]6 Black Ocellaris clownfish,[/SIZE]
      34 Red Sea Max II:[SIZE="1"]For Juviniile Aussie Black Ossc, [/SIZE]
      [url=http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48559] Feedback [/url]

brianth3lion is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

PM sent

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Replied to PM's

Due to family plans had to move final date up a day to 9th.

Again if interested let me know through PM
      [COLOR="Blue"]Need holes cut in glass? Custom Tanks or Repairs, PM me what you would like[/COLOR]

180g Inwall Mixed: [SIZE="1"]Arched reef,Saddleback and Bluestripe clown pairs,Disjarnini,Purple,powder blue and hippo tang,gold/blue blenny,watchman goby,tiger pistol,Purple Tile pair. [/SIZE]

99sf is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Larry, what an informative post. Exciting to see what you've done with your tank, and the PAR readings with the new light fixtures. I'll have to save up for the future!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

THIS BUY IS CLOSED
      Last edited by LarryM; 11-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.

sdthao is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hey Larry, just saw your post and unfortunately missed the purchase date. You have any feedbacks on the lights? I'm planning to get it from an online dealer and was wondering how well they work considering the price and workmanship. Thanks.

sdthao is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

When is the next group buy?

7ISFX7 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I would be interested in a 90W black fixture.
      Last edited by 7ISFX7; 11-19-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

So far all I have is positive feedback from those who purchased. As far as online dealer goes I would not say you can just purchase the same lights as I am buying. The lights I ordered were made to specification we chose, not just what the seller had available. If you read some of the posts on leds here you will see their are some differences.

Quote Originally Posted by sdthao View Post
      Hey Larry, just saw your post and unfortunately missed the purchase date. You have any feedbacks on the lights? I'm planning to get it from an online dealer and was wondering how well they work considering the price and workmanship. Thanks.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Everyone should have received an email that the lighta are in and ready to pickup..

Happy Thanksgiving ALL

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information