• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 120w Led Fixture

LarryM is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

120w Led Fixture

This buy has been closed. If you ordered I will keep you updated by e-mail.

I have let a few hints out that i was doing some research on purchasing some LED Fixtures for my tanks. I have found a fixture that exceeds the ouput of others fixtures and meets my requirements. I plan on making my order shortly. I am going to offer a buy for anyone interested in upgrading to or buying a LED fixture.

The fixture is 16" long x 8.5" wide and 3.0" high. The LED panel window is 12" x 4.75"

First what I found was a company willing to offer white lights from 4500K to 20000K and Blues from 440-470nm.

There were other spectrums available :red620nm-660nm;orange610-615nm;yellow:585-595nm;green500-530nm;UV380-440nm;IR730-850nm most of which do not concern saltwater aquarium usage.

My choice was to go with 14000k and 453nm.

Also they offered options of ratio mixes and I chose as close to a 1:1 as possible. 63 whites and 56 blues arranged as in picture.

There is a dimming option but it is by using a hand held remote control to control your LED fixture. At a $75 add on option I dont see the need.

There is a timer option possible... the timer is pretty good as you can set on off times in eight different modes: ($25 option)
      you could have all come on at the same time and off at the same time
      you could have blues come on earlier and turn off later than whites.
      you can have different times on different days of the week

PAR READINGS??? After my sample unit arrived I set it up over my tank and took some readings... I am Very impressed as th PAR reading are much Higher that some other 120w fixtures that are out there. And the spread was very good as you san see in my readings. I did measurements with White only, Blue only, and then with both. I also did a spread reading to the sides with both colors on at 6", 9", 12", 15", 18" and 20" in water. The lamp assembly is two inches above the water. Compare the following ( as measured by laffingcrow in another thread) to MH 250W @ 11" depth= 150 PAR @ sand bed 20"depth = 100 PAR ;T5s 2-wt/2bl 11" = 100 PAR @ sand bed 20" depth 50 PAR

After some negotiation, the maufaturers seller has just dropped the price on THIS PURCHASE ONLY! as an introductory price.
      the discount price for the described unit (120W 63-14000k whites and 56-453nm blues arranged as in picture) is $245. This is corded models without timer. Timer will still be $25 additional.
      Other requests may be ordered but will have to check pricing if different than above.
      These units are available as described for $300 (fixture with switches) and $325 with timer. A black case will add $10. If you would like other options PM me and I will see what the additional cost will be.
      The company manufactures lamps in 90w,120w(like this one),180w,200w and 300w for your selection, but other watts can also be made according to your special requirement

Please post inquiries to me via PM so I do not miss it.
      Last edited by LarryM; 09-30-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Added information

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

reserved

kthehun89 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Very interested...when can we get these? how much total for 1?

goody is online now Registered User
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks for the information Larry. Do you have a pic of the top of the fixture? Does it come with any hanging hardware? And is there a chance of getting a lower price if a group buy happens?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by goody View Post
      Thanks for the information Larry. Do you have a pic of the top of the fixture? Does it come with any hanging hardware? And is there a chance of getting a lower price if a group buy happens?
      The top of all of the ones you see lately look pretty much the same. they have wire hangers attached. I personally am going to fabricate some OAK brackets for mine that will sit on the rim of my tanks. If anyone is interested in custom brackets PM me I could have them completed by arrival.
      The price will not change much. muti orders from imports only vary a few dollars. There may be a Slight variance in shipping costs but that will be swallowed up in duty fees.

Also I fogot to mention but added there are 90w,120w,180w,200w and 300w Available for selection, but other watts can also be made according to your special requirement

here you go this is the timmer light so there is only one input cord. The one without a timmer has one cord per switch.

Last edited by LarryM; 09-24-2010 at 08:17 AM.

laffingcrow is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Very impressive documentation Larry; should answer others questions on spread.

better options on wattage, K temp, timers etc. definitely worth the money.
      Look here for my Tanks
      20 Gal. mixed reef, 9000k/, 455nm LED's, ATS algae filter: no skimmer

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67120
      3.3 Pico Softy tank
      http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72222

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by laffingcrow View Post
      Very impressive documentation Larry; should answer others questions on spread.

better options on wattage, K temp, timers etc. definitely worth the money.
      I was really impressd when I saw the PAR compared to other LED's I have seen measured. The led focus must be a little tighter because these were not just a little higher PAR but a lot higher. And no spotlighting at all.. The spread measure ,men as you can see frm yhr color coding was made from the short 6" wide side and not the lenth. so if one would install it normally lenth side to side in a tank, the spread can add another 8 to tan inches to tose measured. The ability to optimize the K temps just set the deal for me. The 453nm is very stunning. Must be why some make their stunner out of them

Here are a few pics from the RSM when I put the light over it. Camera see more blue than the eye... no wlevel balance.

Both lights

453nm blue only (much more vivid to naked eye... florescents were wild. found polyps i didnt know were there

If anyone is interested in purchase and wants to see this in person let me know.

fishnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

What size tank is this?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by fishnsd View Post
      What size tank is this?
      This is a RED Sea Max 130D 34gal all in one.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

There seems to be some confusion on the electrical cords. the picture displayed was with a timmer so there was only one cord for three different light patterns(that is why three switches) If there is no timmer then there is one removable (plugs in like a PC cord) cord per switch for use with controller systems. Or you can have one cord if you choose.

Hopefully this clarifies.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

After some negotiation, the maufaturers seller has just dropped the price on THIS PURCHASE ONLY! as an introductory price.
      the discount price for the described unit (120W 63-14000k whites and 56-453nm blues arranged as in picture) is $245. This is corded models without timer. Timer will still be $25 additional.
      Other requests may be ordered but will have to check pricing if different than above.

dwrig is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Larry, you're killing me with that price! Time to seriously consider LED... What kind of warranty/return policy do they offer?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by dwrig View Post
      Larry, you're killing me with that price! Time to seriously consider LED... What kind of warranty/return policy do they offer?
      Manufacturers words (We offer Full 3-Year-Warranty, defected product will be repaired or replaced with new one if cause by our raw production material workmanship) user pays shipping though as almost any product.

brahm is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

pm sent..have a few questions

goody is online now Registered User
      My status is: Upgrading to 150g soon!

I am:
      Set you mood here...

WOW! Larry that is a great discount off of your original quote. Just curious if this includes shipping. If not, how much is shipping going to be? I know you mentioned they are on a "big holiday over there", so I'm guessing it is overseas? Any chance of you telling us where these are built? I'm definitely interested.

Do you any pics of these oak brackets you are going to make? I'm trying to figure out how I would install under my canopy.

Lastly, do you still need money by Oct. 1st?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information