• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction at Scripps?

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

That matinence guy told me there sick of ppl selling it and were trying to figure out a way to charge people but that was a while ago who knows maybe he just wants to have fun at work messing with people and the hose being moved 15' makes the water off for everyone. but yet now there is this mystery hose bib that you need to shmooze over the workers to get a few gallons lol that guy shut me down today and yeah there was no handle on the ball valve.

Oh F I wonder if that new valve down the walkway is the new pay to pump electronic valve!
      Elos 120xl, 90g frag tank, 3x Elos planet 2's 2x 150, 4x 250w hqi's, 12 39w t5's , Moceans, 3x Tunze 6080, jebao rw-15 Zeovit, Korallen zucht S skimmer, Apex, aqua euro 400.

BigAir is offline Registered User
      My status is: In pain

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by megalodoras View Post
      does anyone know why they are even doing this ? its weird that they decided to pick on this little section of san diego . maybe they are making it more user friendly for the handicap ?
      Pick on? ***??? It is called upgrades to the run off and redirection of it. Plus they are adding a wash down area for their boats. Atleast that is what I was told over a month ago.

jrod11 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Remember people, this is a luxury. I'm still blown away that Scripps ever offered these services for free.
      [URL="http://www.greensurfshop.com"]Buddy's Surf Shop[/URL] that donates to green foundations, check it out!

[URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55943"]Jrod11 feedback[/URL]

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

People, scripps will be back up when it is up. For the mean time just suck it up and mix if you have to do a waterchange. And this is just a suggestion but I would stop calling and asking when it is going to be back up, I have a feeling that guy is REALLY getting tired of answering that. There is enough people that drive by scripps everyday and it will get posted as soon as it is back up. How many threads do you actually need about scripps and this construction really?!?

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Sorry, double post
      Last edited by jason142; 06-10-2010 at 08:13 AM.

MustangBill is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by jrod11 View Post
      Remember people, this is a luxury. I'm still blown away that Scripps ever offered these services for free.
      I agree with jrod. For those who can't afford to make water or for those who used scripps as their only source of water with no form of back up I would consider this a bit of a wake up call. A luxury is what it is and it can easily be taken away. I can just imagine a fellow reefer from somewhere in the Midwest with no access to NSW laughing his arse off if he was reading this thread.
      125 gallon Cube:rock:
      RKE with 2 PC4's
      50 Gallon Sump
      25 Gallon Fuge
      Full Spectrum LED lighting

Classic Mustang Freak:)

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Another Double post sorry
      RKE with 2 PC4's
      50 Gallon Sump
      25 Gallon Fuge

Berk80 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

It is not a money thing for me...I have been buying from LFS since the construction started and all of a sudden I have red slime algae (obviously this could be unrelated...but have not had it for a long time). I am now preparing to begin mixing water...but boy it would be great if Scripps came back up...I would be glad to pay for it to keep my tank happy.

All that said I echo the comment that we need to leave them alone to finish their work...beggars cannot be choosers. The more we irritate them the less likely they will open up again.
      180g mixed reef and 20g frag tank.

Wheeldog is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by MustangBill View Post
      I agree with jrod. For those who can't afford to make water or for those who used scripps as their only source of water with no form of back up I would consider this a bit of a wake up call. A luxury is what it is and it can easily be taken away. I can just imagine a fellow reefer from somewhere in the Midwest with no access to NSW laughing his arse off if he was reading this thread.
      Hehe, I just moved to SD from Indiana. When I decided to set my tank back up and get back into the hobby I kept hearing people talk about Scripps Water and if they used it or not. I had no clue what it was (still don't know where it is, I've only been here for a month or 2). After learning a little what it is, people need to learn how amazing this service they provide is, and just be grateful it'll be back whenever it's back. Having access to natural water and everything that comes with it is great, and to have this offered to us for free is awesome. Let the construction and maintenance people do their jobs and they will get done that much sooner and hopefully have the spigot back up and running for when you want it, just think, I used to have to take my buckets to get just RO water and then mix my own water.

malakaikingston is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I'm not in any way complaining.

Anyone know when scripps will be done with the construction?
      [QUOTE=dhuynh]maybe I'm sleepy, but the rock arrangment looks like a castle. kewl..[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lcac_navy]So your rock arrangement no longer looks like a castle?
      [/QUOTE]
      [URL="http://www.lotsafishies.com/"]
      Lotsa Fishies[/URL] Courier
      [URL="http://www.sdreefs.com"]SDReefs[/URL] Supporter
      [URL="http://www.sdmas.com/"]SDMAS [/URL]Supporter

ReefTank123 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

scripps water

I do think there are some cross-currents. The commercial use is an issue it appears. Will see how it plays out. Doesn't make sense that they won't make a formal announcement. Why continue fielding the phone calls and emails?

I tee-off the RO of my RO/DI to a drinking water kit. Saves big time on the cost, hassle, and carbon footprint of plastic water bottles.

Wouldn't drink tap after looking at just 3 months of the sediment filter gunk.
      Last edited by ReefTank123; 06-11-2010 at 11:27 AM.
      [url]www.ReefTank123.com[/url]
      Product and practice evaluation systems. 150 gal mixed reef, RK2 skimmer, Iwaki, Vortech. 180 gal custom Starphire mixed reef.

megalodoras is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

well i havent called any one that has been working on the " upgrades " just been making conversation with you people . my tank does better with scripps water so i thought it would be allright to ask whats up with the construction going on being that it is a thread in the reef related section . i dont agree with the attitude that we are lucky they allow us to get water . they are lucky to get our tax money
      Last edited by megalodoras; 06-10-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by megalodoras View Post
      i dont agree with the attitude that we are lucky they allow us to get water . they are lucky to get our tax money
      Taken from the Scripps web site "Your Support is Crucial to Our Success
      Many people don't know that Scripps Oceanography receives less than 14 percent of its budget from the state of California. This means that Scripps must rely heavily on private donations to keep the institution and its many talented students and scientists on a steady track toward innovation and discovery"

Lucky to get a whole 14 percent of STATE tax, Read the threads, This access to Fresh filtered salt water is NOT a publicy, state or goverment funded source of salt water, Scripps owns it, period. They have every right to do with it as they please. Do you pay for the water? No you don't, do you own anything on that pier? Again no you don't, the 14 percent that Scripps receives from the state probably goes directly into the education and research areas and not to supply water for peoples aquariums.
      That water access was suppose to be only for the institute in research but it turns out that it was convient for the rest of us to get NSW and they (Scripps) are nice enough to allow us. So if your that bitter about losing FREE salt water then I think you need to re-think this hobby.
      I may have made you angry but it makes me angry when we people wine and cry becuase they had a privlige taken away that never belonged to them in the first place.
      RKE with 2 PC4's
      50 Gallon Sump
      25 Gallon Fuge

RAbdouMD is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

whine*

And well said.

Also...privilege*

Also...convenient*

Ok I'm done, sorry.

megalodoras is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

that 14 percent of tax money should pay for the friggen spigot . they owe it to us dang it and i think they should plumb a line from the pier to my house! and im angry and i cant seem to stop crying

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information