• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfer85 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thank you for clearing the air waves. I snapped a little...it's a little stressful when a heater blows up in your tank. Again, thank you for clearing things up and thank you for the heater suggestion.

afitzwater is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cocky

ill apologize too..if you were closer id def lend a helping hand...

group hug? come on !!!!!!!!!

hows everything looking?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Eh...Water is clearer now. The fish are acting like nothing is wrong. I've got two RBTAs that look like they are starting to open up and aren't quite as noodle-like. There are some zoas that look like they might be opening too. All my SPS are still extremely pissed off. They aren't completely bleached but definetly have lost a lot of color. So far I have done a 40 gallon water change. I'm going to do about another ten before I try to get some sleep for work. Tomorrow I'm going to go to scripps and get some more water and do another hefty water change. I think the LPS, fish, softies will be alright, not too sure on the SPS but I think most of them will pull through...I NEED A DRINK! I think the problem was caught rather quick too. I'm really glad my girlfriend decided to walk over to the tank and tell me that everything looked dead...yeah, my heart skipped a beat.

H4Rk3R is offline Registered User
      My status is: Garage Sale Time

I am:
      Happy

Adam, I could lend you a couple of empty 55 gallon drums. I think two or three of my storage drums are empty. Or even lend you the full 55 gallon drum, so you dont have to drive all the way down to scripps. I don't know if they will fit in your truck tho. I also have eight 5 gallon water bottles and a pump if you just want to empty out the 55g.

I could also load up the empties into my truck and go down to scripps tonight (midnight) after work and fill them up for you? And you could pick them up from my house (1/2 way between you and scripps). Just hit me up with a call if you want any help and we can figure a way to get a lot of scripps to your house within the next 24 hours. =P

This happened to me earlier in the year, but It was like that for over 24 hours.... lost almost everything except the fish, LTA and softies.... my tank was unhappy for a month... very stressful to come home to a crashed tank... I made 3 trips to scrips with 8 five gallon water bottles in the back of a geo metro by the time the tank had cleared up... obviously happened before i bought my truck and the 55 gal drums.

Andrew
      760-622-8533
      Last edited by H4Rk3R; 11-17-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by H4Rk3R View Post
      Adam, I could lend you a couple of empty 55 gallon drums. I think two or three of my storage drums are empty. Or even lend you the full 55 gallon drum, so you dont have to drive all the way down to scripps. I don't know if they will fit in your truck tho. I also have eight 5 gallon water bottles and a pump if you just want to empty out the 55g.

I could also load up the empties into my truck and go down to scripps tonight (midnight) after work and fill them up for you? And you could pick them up from my house (1/2 way between you and scripps). Just hit me up with a call if you want any help and we can figure a way to get a lot of scripps to your house within the next 24 hours. =P

This happened to me earlier in the year, but It was like that for over 24 hours.... lost almost everything except the fish, LTA and softies.... my tank was unhappy for a month... very stressful to come home to a crashed tank... I made 3 trips to scrips with 8 five gallon water bottles in the back of a geo metro by the time the tank had cleared up... obviously happened before i bought my truck and the 55 gal drums.

Andrew
      760-622-8533

Thanks alot for the helping hand. I did the 50g water change last night, and the softies are looking better. I just got back from Scripps and got almost 90g. I used an old 55g tank and as I was going up the hill from Scripps there was water everywhere, but I figure out of 55g I managed to get about 45g of it home plus all my 7g and 5g containers. I plan on doing another 50gallons today and using the rest throughout the rest of the week with random 5g water changes. Thanks alot for the offer. It's good to know that there are some reefers with pontentially massive quantities of water up here. I'm going to be storing extra salt/salt water from now on for emergencies like this...hopefully it never happens again. I just got some awesome SPS from AquaSD and the very next day...BAM! HELL.
      Thanks again dude!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

...outcome so far...one dead cleaner shrimp, frogspawn loosing tissue...everything else pretty much stable...now the waiting game.

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

Sorry to hear this.. what brand heater was this that broke?.

naso tang is offline Registered User
      My status is: clueless

I am:
      Piratey

wow, man, hope everything recovers ok and that I didn't somehow jinx you by coming over Sunday...thanks for the frags btw and sorry I couldn't help out with the heater explosion...

88blazer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Your lady needs a nice dinner for the eagle eye. You a lucky man

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Not sure. It was just one that I'd been using in my condo but now that I moved the temp actually fluctuates I had to put a heater in. I've got it laying around some where. I know it's not one of the titianium ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
      Sorry to hear this.. what brand heater was this that broke?.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeah. She definetly saved alot of the corals...I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if she didn't catch it. I wouldn't have been home till around 6 today and this all went down yesterday...gives me chills.

ricenoodle is offline Registered User
      My status is: Cube Addict

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Glad you took minimal loss on a bad accident. +1 on buying her something nice, maybe a frag

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Update

I think it's been a little over a week now so I thought I'd throw an update up. So far I've lost one cleaner shrip. About half of my SPS and showing polyp extensions, but the other half still do not look good at all. All the fish are fine and the anemones are fine...one looks a little pissed today but hopefully will be happy later. Still waiting to see if things actually pull through...

Fink Ployd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hopefully we can all learn from your heartache to never use glass heaters...

btw you have a keeper gf. I dont even think my roommate could do a water change if i needed it.

bpro32 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

wait so what actually happens when the heater explodes??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information