• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: where were you 9-11-01

bonkerz619 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was on the trolley heading to work. For those that ride the trolley will know that when people commute on the trolley they usually stick to themselves read a book or have headphones on. I would get my discman rocken and be on my way. This morning was a little different. I got on the trolley, found myself a seat and pressed play on my Voodoo Glow Skulls cd. after a few minuets I looked around and saw everyone talking to each other. Random people deep in conversation. I took out my ear phones and listened to the worst thing i'd ever heard. At this time only one plane had hit. By the time i made it to work the second tower was struck and it was just hard to swallow, still is. I will never forget that day and the pit i got in my stomach.

specvjeff is offline SDMAS President/SDR Mod
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I was a senior in highschool. I was on my way to school and there were radio reports but wasn't exactly sure what was going on. When I got to my first class, the TV was on and the towers were both burning. It was something I will never forget.
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

Let's keep it to where you were and not discuss the politics about 9/11. This thread was obviously created to remember what happened and not to argue about it. Anything negative WILL BE DELETED.
      Last edited by specvjeff; 09-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by specvjeff View Post
      Let's keep it to where you were and no discuss the politics about 9/11. This thread was obviously created to remember what happened and not to argue about it. Anything negative WILL BE DELETED.
      Yup, agreed. My bad, I apologize.

jasonp87 is offline SDR Moderator/Ninja
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

I was homeschooling in middle school. My mom was called me from the living room to come watch the tv as the first tower had been hit. Right as I walked in the room I watched the second plane hit on live tv. I saw the images of people jumping from the upper floors of the towers.

Jarederaj is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

I was in second grade and remember my teacher all worried and the kids didnt know what was going on, i dont remember if we got sent home that say or not

onyong4u is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

Delivering mail at Scott St, Point Loma!

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was working for a healthcare IT consulting company - normally, I traveled extensively, but I was home that week because my granddaughter had just been born. We'd been up late with all the fracas and excitement of a new baby in the house, and I was still asleep when my mother called from Philadelphia. Even though half-asleep, I could hear the fear in Mom's voice when she simply said "TURN ON THE TV NOW". I saw the 2nd plane hit WTC, and the collapses.

My employer at the time was made up of about 80% "road warrior" consultants - I had colleagues working at hospitals all over the country - later that day, my CEO put out orders for all traveling employees to do whatever it took to get home with their families... costs be damned. We had consultants renting cars and driving half way across the country, since there were no flights. We had a large contingent of about 20 trainers and electronic medical records consultants working at a hospital in Brooklyn - most of them were former nurses who had moved into IT/medical applications & training. Most of that group defied the CEO, police, and National Guard and managed to get into Manhattan, where they all went to various hospitals like St. Vincent and Beth Israel and pitched in to help there. Our idiotic jerk a-hole VP of HR tried to fire them all for doing this, but the CEO put an immediate stop to that nonsense... several months later, during the annual company meeting, they were all recognized with cash bonuses.

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

Bump for the newbies

longznhell is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was on board the USS Peleliu LHA-5 Tarawa class amphibious assault ship with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit. We had just docked in Darwin Australia and we were immediately called back on ship and left for Afghanistan. We were the first military unit in country a very short time after that. 13 years of war and I still remember every moment from that day till I came home.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Tired

I was on my way to school my senior year of high-school. All we did all day long was watch what happened on TV.
      Jeff
      SDMAS President
      SDReefs Moderator

www.macna2016.org

RedDeadReef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was in the 5th grade at the time, still sleeping when my Mom came in and started shaking me and telling me America is under attack. I just thought it was another one of her antics to wake me up because I'm a very heavy sleeper, but it wasn't and I remember walking downstairs and watching the second plane hit live time. My Mom kept me home from school the whole week. It's something I will never forget, as a 10 year old boy it wasn't as serious to us and I remember me and my friends talking about how cool it looked. Today I think back and feel bad about it because it wasn't cool at all. May all those who died rest in peace and never forget!

pinoyreef is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by longznhell View Post
      I was on board the USS Peleliu LHA-5 Tarawa class amphibious assault ship with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit. We had just docked in Darwin Australia and we were immediately called back on ship and left for Afghanistan. We were the first military unit in country a very short time after that. 13 years of war and I still remember every moment from that day till I came home.
      Thank you for your service.

AFUreef is offline Registered User
      My status is: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I am:
      Crazy

GOD BLESS AMERICA....and our troops who fight for our freedom everyday.
      Can't believe its been so long. Sad day

pirate2876 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Poorly

I was getting ready for work. Just finished cooking breakfast and turned on the TV just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the tower. I remember calling my GF and telling her to come home. Classes at state were cancelled anyways, so she came back right away. We basically watched the news till we couldn't take any more. We ended up going to the Zoo and being 2 of about 20 people there. I remember there being no planes and very little noise the whole day, quite surreal.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information