My status is: Cube Addict

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Driving onto campus at ASU.

surfnsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Watched the whole thing from my 10th grade history class.

Toombs is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Sneaky

I was 17 and was at the doctors office getting ready to have hand and ankle surgery due to football and while waiting in the pre op room the news flashed on about the planes hitting the towers. My surgery wad post poned till the next day.

sdsocal is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Crazy

I was working for an American Airlines Call Center here in San Diego and watched everything unfold on TV. The call center phone lines etc went nuts with the thousands of calls.

Some of the not so bright Call Center Reps looked up all the flight information as it was going on and were trying to figure out who the terrorist where on the planes.

About a month later the FBI shows up. Comes to find out they called the suspected terrorists cell phones while it was going on. Being the IT guy on site I had to get call logs from that day and give them the reports. I answered alot of questions that day and several of the reps never returned to work.

It is amazing what it takes to get a country united even for a short while and then how quickly it is forgotten and people resume their ignorance towards one another.

shioinu is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Hungry

sleeping in San Diego...got a phone call from my mother-in-law (Japanese) talking about New York...yeah yeah yeah...okay, (the wife is still sleeping)...another call...a little more serious, turn on the tube...oh *****...there goes the world trade center #1...and then #2...it was like watching a movie...wasn't quite real yet...shocked shocked shocked...rip to those who died from that...

Radman is offline Premium Member
      My status is: Need admin to contact me

I am:
      Crazy

My son and I was returning from Honduras where he had been playing baseball in the 14U Pan Am Games. We left Honduras on 9-10 landed in LAX around 1am on 9-11, so we were in the air about 5 hours prior to the first incident. We had no idea early on, It was a school day so I let him stay home since as he had caught a flu bug while in Honduras. I left for work and he called me telling me to check out the news...

Starrmsp is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Was awoken to grandma calling and crying "I'm lucky to be alive!" She had just flown in from NY the night prior after contemplating if she should stay another day to tour the world trade center.

This day was my first born 5th birthday, we had birthday plans but cancelled because everything had closed.

AquaticLifeTropicals is offline Site Sponsor - LFS
      My status is: Covered In Salt

I am:
      Piratey

Portland, Oregon. Just moved from Yonkers a few weeks before. Allot of calls to the extended family, allot of pain.

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

bump, for another year

Islandboy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was in Fort Worth TX at the General Dymanics F-16 plant. The plant was attached to an Air Force base and talk about security, they scramble 10 F-16's after the first report and we were all sent home for security reasons. A week after this, I got a flight to come home for the weekend and it would have been better to stay there, as there was just so much checking and rechecking, since I was using a one way ticket.

slicktoppomp is offline Registered User
      My status is: So you mean i can write
      anything here??

I am:
      Down

where were you 9-11-01

I was in 8th grade. Just getting ready for school. We didn't do any work at school that day we just watched tv in all our classes.

bladedrummer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was in Italy. It was my second year in college and I was studying on my own in the library when one of my buddies came up to me and told me he had to talk to me outside. I remember thinking: *** is going on? (He knew half my family is American and lives in the Boston area). We went outside and he told me about what was going on. I called my family here in the U.S. and found out everyone was safe although one of my aunts had been to the WTC two days earlier on a trip... I had flown back from Boston via New York just a week earlier.

I got to a TV as soon as I could, the first tower collapsed minutes later.

As controversial as this may sound, I remember thinking: "we're finally reaping what we've been sewing for the past thirty years. This is going to be all kinds of bad". Over a decade later I think I was right on both counts.

paulyboy18 is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I had just got done surfing at La Jolla Shores when it happened. Everyone that had got out of the water before me were all standing by their cars with the radios turned up. At that point I still thought it was just an accident...

50 cube is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Amused

I had just dropped my daughter off at school in Denver, went home and watched coverage all day then went to work in downtown Denver. Walking down the street & looking up at all the high-rises all I can remember thinking was how truly horrific that must have been.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information