Photo on Sign on San Diego

http://www.signonsandiego.com/teaser...1big_breen.jpg
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Aly Gator is here

barometer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

We were on vacation in PA.....only about an hour south of NYC and not far east of the 4th plane crash site. I was doing some internet research in the local library when the web went crazy with reports and they even had a radio going in the library talking about it. My next stop was to visit my HS, but was not allowed in the building.....everyone was sent home. I remember it like it was yesterday

jt_milstead is offline Site Moderator
      My status is: Tired of being let down by the
      Chargers

I am:
      Crying

I was living on Oahu. I had been out of the Army for less than a year. My phone woke me up, and I was ordered by the Assistant Division Commander of the 25th Infantry Division to get into the office to support the division Military Intelligence Officer(i was a government contractor doing software support). I couldn't believe what was happening. It took me 4 hours to get on base, and I had the radio going listening when the 2nd plane went it the other tower. While sitting in my car, the commander of my old unit called me and told me they were on alert, and ready to deploy.
      Three months later my old commander calls me back and tells me they are being deployed. The next day im sitting in the Army recruiters office to re-up. I felt guilty because I was safe and sound in Hawaii, and my friends/brothers were heading off into harms way. My wife, and oldest daughter talked me out of it, thank god.
      I found out a few weeks later, that two of my closest friends while on a mission were killed.
      Every year on this day I think about Carlos and Roland. I miss you guys!
      J.T. Milstead
      "Play Today, Build Tomorrow, And Pray For The Rest"

smirkis is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

my best friend was blocks away witnessing it from his hotel building. he couldn't get out of the city for weeks. he sat at his window, watching the ENTIRE incident live in action. 2nd plane crash, building collapse, dust/dirt/debrit. people.... jumping/running.

mcdonaldtj is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was in a Navy school, all of the classes were canceled for 4 days and we had to stand extra security watches at the gate.

Hybrid is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was at work watching the issue at hand.

dogma40 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I remeber very well. We got to watch it at school in the computer lab where i was the head tech, i broadcasted it across 82 monitors simultaneously..... i still remember how scared my Afghanistany friends were when this happened. they got so much crap from ignorant people (HS students aren't always the brightest or the most forgiving/understanding folk )

we watched it in slow-mo too, its something i"ll never forget. Seeing the little fuzzy blips falling out of the building just before the 2nd crash and realizing that those little dots were people jumping out of the building.... i guess this was our generations version of pearl harbor. Except we didn"t nuke the *******s afterward

"It is easy to want to fight everyone when you are closed minded and keep your fist clenched, however it's becomes difficult to Harm one another if we have empty hands and open minds....." -chase

(off topic rant.........this is your warring........)

IN MY OPINION , I think we should have set off like 10 Earth SHATTERING EXPLOSION's across ALL of the middle east. Told all the people, that they should leave now with their belonging or be killed.
      Then we level the playing field (BOOOoooOOooOOOooOoMMMMMM!!!!!!).

Get rid of the mosks, wailingwall, chruchs, and temples..... Clear all that CRAP outta there..
      These are the devices that generate divisional streaks between man and his fellow peoples. Religion has causes more separation and animosity towards amongst mankind than any other events since the begging of time!

IMO if there's nothing left there to fight over.... there is nothing to die/kill for, but that's just my opinion. That way all people may worship equally without fear or reprisal or punishment or certain retaliation. I strongly feel that we should turn the Middle East into one big piece of glass and let all people of all religions worship there freely with no land ownership rights/titles......... just make it the "holy land" not just "jewish/ "muslims"/ "christans" holly lands ... minus 100% or the original landmarks/structures and welcome all equally. (the religious nanes were not capitalized intentionally... IMO why brother if you don't acknowledge them)

LarryM is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

At the time I was working at HQ Air Mobility Command... Once it was realized this was an Attack on the US we locked down and prepared to deploy any unit to anyplace in the world. Nobody really cared that it took hours to get on or off the bases. That private vehicles were being searched on a continuous basis and most of what you took for granted stoped. It was a changing lifestyle that I will not forget. I have been through many real life operations and had never till that day seen the look of puzzlement from so many people in very high positions.

A day to remember and hope to never see again.

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

I was up for work and was speaking with my boss on the phone he told me to turn on the tv because terrorists had landed into the twin towers. I was staying in a trailer at the time up in Alpine with my family who was in the process of building there house and that morning I was awake in bed and the thought crossed my mind about a plane crashing into the trailer and how bad it would be, before I had even heard about the incident... eery.

David M is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was working nights in El Centro so driving back. Middle of nowhere (Imperial Valley), turn on the radio... It was KGB, those *******s are always pulling some sort of BS but I thought "this is low, even for them". I didn't believe it. Flipped through about 6 stations before I realized it was really happening. No cell phone, no other traffic, feeling very alone. I started calculating the distance between me and the nearest base (target). Still an hour out from home, I think I was doing about 110 when I came off the pass and hit the flat. Wasn't too worried about chp

jaysonsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

In New York @ the time for college, first plane hit on the walk to Botany class, second hit while I was in Botany class, someone came into the class and said the towers fell and it didn't even phase my professor, he just kept chugging along. He was 80 and had an abnormal fascination with native plant species.

RussM is offline SDMAS Staff Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was home, and sound asleep when my mom in PA called my cell right after the first WTC tower was hit - she was literally screaming at me to turn on a TV. Got the TV on and was watching with my wife as the 2nd plane hit the WTC.

My employer, a healthcare IT consulting company, at the time had about 500 consultants working all over the US & Canada. By mid-afternoon, our CEO had issued orders to everyone, regardless of where we were working, to A) report in that we were OK, and B) to get home as soon as possible and be with our families by any means possible, regardless of the cost. We had over 50 people working in NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, and north Jersey. Many of our consultants were formerly medical clinicians - nurses, and in a few cases, MDs. About 35 of the 50+ people working in the area had clinical backgrounds... en masse, they defied ordered to get out, and went into the hot zone and to nearby hospitals to assist with triage & care of the injured and distressed, where their prior clinical expertise was immediately put to good use and was deeply appreciated. A few of them were staying in a hotel just blocks away from WTC, working at a Manhattan hospital on the deployment of a new emergency department registration and treatment record system. The leader of that team was formerly the director of a large regional head trauma center.... she turned the lobby of that upscale hotel into a triage center! She even had the hotel general manager running 'go fetch' errands! She received citations from Mayor Gulliani and the NY governor for her efforts.

Diver Dan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was pretty young, in 3rd grade, and the towers fell before i woke up so i stayed home from school. I remember seeing the photoshopped devils face in the smoke and crying

Quote Originally Posted by dogma40 View Post
      IN MY OPINION , I think we should have set off like 10 Earth SHATTERING EXPLOSION's across ALL of the middle east. Told all the people, that they should leave now with their belonging or be killed.
      Then we level the playing field (BOOOoooOOooOOOooOoMMMMMM!!!!!!).
      How does this make us any better than them?

Matt M is offline Registered User
      My status is: Mellow

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Was in second period 10th grade in Annapolis, MD Some of my friends parents were killed at the pentgon.

duecejt is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I was living in Kona, HI working at Big island Abalone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information