• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: bad news

dogma40 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post
      i guess it's time for me to go into full force invention mode. question is, time machine, or CO2 remover?
      Co2 remover or converter.... you'll be a millionaire in about 2 weeks.

Techknowledgy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

They exist already. They are called plants and algae. make a mechanical one that can do what the one does to Mars on "Total Recall" and you will go down with the Wright Bros.- until it starts to snow in Palm Springs. Then you are toast.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Techknowledgy View Post
      How in the world can you hope to have people take anything you say seriously when you post stuff like that?

Do some research before you just out of right field say "the jury is still out." There is a mountain of evidence. Use that keyboard to do a little research from real scientists who actually do this for a living. It makes for a real argument for your position. Then present your argument without being condescending to your fellow reefers and dismissively saying it is "political."

That trash around Trev's board is real. What has happened to the marine life just off the coast here is real. I have seen it, firsthand, in my OWN lifetime. 30 years ago we had to have a limit on abalone to keep us from overfishing. Anyone even seen one recently?
      damn strait! -- *whispers* im a marine bio major..... this is as real as colon cancer... neither is pleasant and both are huge pains your .....

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

They exist already. They are called plants and algae. make a mechanical one that can do what the one does to Mars on "Total Recall" and you will go down with the Wright Bros.- until it starts to snow in Palm Springs. Then you are toast.
      LOL don't i wish.... mars or ocean floor here i come!!!!!!! move over aquaman.

fishtankcrazy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Whoah you found one scientist and i'm sure you can find more to just as i can. There are many that don't believe in the "permanent effect" anyway. We can throw numbers around, but the fact is its pretty split on if it exists or not. The liberal media is just one sided, which is what most people see.

Climate Change has been political since the early 90's.... Always money to be made when you freak people out over nothing.

Yes I can compare it to religion as its a belief, not a proven fact. You know people were stupid enough to believe the world was flat once and that witches and warlocks existed. People thought our planet was the center of the universe and that everything rotated around us. I could go on and on... The fact is I just need proof.

Do some research? Funny. I've taken a hell of a lot of classes on this stuff and been an environmentalist since I was a kid. I love reading anything I can about this stuff. The difference between you and me is that you are one sided only, that it does exist. You'll laugh but i'm probably more open minded on this subject. I'm on the opposite side, but willing to switch once significant proof is shown. I just need proof... I'm just a science person looking for pure truth. Sure any idiot can show why levels of this and that and heat go up. But there's a billion things that can cause that and it doesn't mean the planet can't heal itself.

Just to be clear I'm not saying anything bad about you ... too me this is just a friendly argument. We just have a very big difference in that you are relying on opinion and i wanna see fact. Plain and simple.

Oh I wasn't saying that trevor's stuff wasn't real it is... Just a lot of trash and contamination filters down from Tijuana where they don't really regulate things well.

I'm digress. I'm done. Thats my two cents. We will just leave it at we'll never agree.

Have a good one!

Okay,

"Charlie Veron, former chief scientist of the Australian Institute of Marine Science, told The Times: “There is no way out, no loopholes. The Great Barrier Reef will be over within 20 years or so.”

This guy is no slouch. Look at who he was speaking to, not a bunch of "hippies" but other world class scientists. This is not a political post, you went there. Then you compare "global warming" to religion? Huh?

"Climate change is just "assumptions" and "speculation". No concrete proof yet. I find its similar to religious people.. They have a belief that something exists with no proof, just a belief. Climate change people are the same." Huh?

How in the world can you hope to have people take anything you say seriously when you post stuff like that?

Do some research before you just out of right field say "the jury is still out." There is a mountain of evidence. Use that keyboard to do a little research from real scientists who actually do this for a living. It makes for a real argument for your position. Then present your argument without being condescending to your fellow reefers and dismissively saying it is "political."

That trash around Trev's board is real. What has happened to the marine life just off the coast here is real. I have seen it, firsthand, in my OWN lifetime. 30 years ago we had to have a limit on abalone to keep us from overfishing. Anyone even seen one recently?
      Last edited by fishtankcrazy; 07-16-2009 at 05:38 PM.

OceanBeach1502 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
      You know, for a microsecond I thought about deleting your post just because of its ridiculousness in this thread.

I think it's better just to leave it, so everyone else can bask in your topical opinion....
      I <3 peter

OceanBeach1502 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

j1gregor is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I have a Ph.D. in biology and I work with many other Ph.D.s that work on a myriad of topics at UCSD, Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Insitute of Oceanography, UCSF, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, Sapphire Energy, University of Wisconsin, University of Washington, Harvard, University of St. Louis, University of Technology, Sydney.. the list goes on. I have yet to find a peer that will tell you climate change is a hoax. The debate in the scientific community is not whether or not climate change is real. The debate is over what is causing it and it is not much of a debate at this point. There is strong evidence that rising CO2 levels significantly contribute to global climate change and we, as a species, emit lots and lots of CO2.

here's a link to a fairly recent paper that makes a few predictions about the coming years in southwest region of north america.
      http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conten.../316/5828/1181
      Last edited by j1gregor; 07-16-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

fishtankcrazy...... Listen to the Dr. I am sure though that he is just a liberal hippie parading around as a Ph.D sent here by the liberal media. What in your background (besides what you type) makes you a "science person?" Where did you do your graduate work?

I especially liked the "I have yet to find a peer that will tell you climate change is a hoax. " part.
      Last edited by Techknowledgy; 07-16-2009 at 06:49 PM.

glassyguy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

amazing....lol

bluielover is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

lol. too funny.
      wonder what ecosystem is next. finace told me something the other day along the lines of
      If the bees die off and become extinct, humans follow in x years...

didnt pay attention to her lol. wonder if that true, i can see the reasoning behind it.

Diver Dan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by fishtankcrazy View Post
      Do some research? Funny. I've taken a hell of a lot of classes on this stuff and been an environmentalist since I was a kid. I love reading anything I can about this stuff. The difference between you and me is that you are one sided only, that it does exist. You'll laugh but i'm probably more open minded on this subject. I'm on the opposite side, but willing to switch once significant proof is shown. I just need proof... I'm just a science person looking for pure truth. Sure any idiot can show why levels of this and that and heat go up. But there's a billion things that can cause that and it doesn't mean the planet can't heal itself.

Just to be clear I'm not saying anything bad about you ... too me this is just a friendly argument. We just have a very big difference in that you are relying on opinion and i wanna see fact. Plain and simple.
      Ok let's just cover some basic biology/chemistry...

CO2 enters a body of water. CO2 lowers PH of water. Invertabrates and corals that use calcium as shells or skeletons dissolve. Fish have nothing to eat. Fish die. Something like 1/4 of the worlds population rely solely on the sea for food and a livelihood. This hypothetical food chain continues till it proves we religious science nut job global warming freaks were right. Sucks, but it's true...

I dare you to raise the PH of your aquarium by adding CO2 and see how long your environment takes to "fix itself"...

Reduce, reuse, recycle... If that makes me a hippy then so be it
      Last edited by SDguy; 07-17-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by bluielover View Post
      lol. too funny.
      wonder what ecosystem is next. finace told me something the other day along the lines of
      If the bees die off and become extinct, humans follow in x years...

didnt pay attention to her lol. wonder if that true, i can see the reasoning behind it.
      Someone will just need to invent a flying insect-like robot that flys around to flowers and pollinates them... Jon, are you going to be getting on this one?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Nano-bees?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

iBee!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information