• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Puratek 100GPD RO/DI System Review

99sf is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Puratek 100GPD RO/DI System Review

This RO/DI product was just released in May. Because I don't want to create waste water that I cannot use, I paid $250 for this 100 GPD unit, which produces pure water at an almost 1:1 ratio. Still much cheaper than Puratek's $1000 ultra high efficiency unit! I am very glad I purchased this unit from Marine Depot, due to their excellent telephone technical assistance (especially from Jason). Overall, this is a nice filter for those worried about conserving water.

The manual that accompanies the unit is terrible--initial setup is a challenge. If you plan to attach the unit to a sink or a hose (rather than break into your plumbing pipes), be sure to order separate adapters. I ended up detaching my kitchen sink's aerator, and MD covered the shipping for the adapters that I needed to install the system.

I am quite happy with this purchase. It produces 6 gallons in approximately an hour. The booster pump increases the pressure in my system to 100 psi. It also has an inline Total Dissolved Solids meter and an automatic backflush feature. There is also a 200 GPD version of this system, which has two RO units on top, and a slightly bigger booster pump.

Here is the manufacturer's webpage: http://www.vertexaquaristik.com/prod...Puratek100.php
      Here is Marine Depot's page for the 200 GPD unit: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewIt...~FIRORDNH.html
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by 99sf; 06-23-2009 at 11:14 PM.

davocean is offline Registered User
      My status is: fantabulous

I am:
      Amused

Wow, nice unit.
      I paid more for my 4 stage filterguys unit w/ 4-1 waste, and no booster.
      I like that it has micro processor that does back flush.
      Does it have a DI bypass?
      Are you getting 0 tds?
      I'd love to replace mine w/ this unit for less wastewater.

99sf is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dave,
      Thanks for your comment. I need to test the output water with my hand-held TDS meter; the inline meter reads 2 ppm. Your question about the DI bypass: I don't think there is an official bypass option, given the path of the plumbing in the system. Right now, I don't have the DI cartridge installed, so the DI canister fills up with water after passing through the sediment filter, carbon filter, and RO unit. I wanted to see if I could preserve the resin in the DI unit, since the quality of the source water in my area (now Oakland) is pretty decent.

deepbluesea is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hi,

I'm interested to get this unit for my system but a tech from Marinedepot told me that the parts replacement for this is really hard to get because it is very hard to deal with the manufacture that makes this unit. Can you please let me know your experience with this so far?

Thanks,

Daniel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information