• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Auctions - Ends Saturday Night after Lakers/Magic Game 2!

luv4qt1004 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

ebay is wack

ebay is wack. they should refund it. Aquasd is a great place to shop and great people who own it. for all those people who won something they shouldnt pay will through paypal until everything is resolved and reposted. if u guys pay through paypal then will is going to have to call paypal about their fees as well.

hughjaas is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I just got done submitting my paypal payment- I didn't see these messages. I placed about 30 bids yesterday morning because I knew I wasn't going to be around when the auctions closed. I was happy, but not surprised, to find that I won 4 of them (I won a few other ebay auctions from snyderperkins a while back for close to the minimum bid without incident). I think everyone understands the risks of selling on ebay and Will even stated in the original post "No reserves, killer deals!". Ebay is probably telling him that if he wasn't satisfied accepting the minimum bids, then he should have raised them or else put a reserve price on them.

That's my take from the buyer's perspective. I'm still pretty new at this and have no idea what the market values are. Normally I would be a "huge ass" about this, but if I were in Will's shoes, I probably would have not slept well last night.

So Will: I am totally fine with a retail store credit for the $12.67 I just sent you. (if you want to match that and make it $25.34 you'll get a lot of good karma points!)(and also since you don't have anything in your store less than $25!). If you want to honor the auctions as they are, I wouldn't accept it because I would feel too guilty walking in there to pick them up and probably would feel too ashamed or un-welcomed to go back in ever again (unless the stuff I won is worth less than $12.67!). I enjoy going to your store and you are a good local resource so I would hate to have your viability adversely affected by an ebay technical glitch.

I know you want to attract as many bidders as possible, but you should consider higher minimum bids or else pay the additional fees associated with a reserve price (or spread your auctions out more). Good luck with the people everywhere else who don't live in San Diego and don't read SDReefs!
      Last edited by hughjaas; 06-07-2009 at 09:45 AM.
      [URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63309"]My 90G[/URL]

AquaSD is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks for your post We're actually having a huge sale today to make room:

http://sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55807

Regarding Ebay....

I've been trying to get a hold of ebay (via chat, phone, email), with no help. Maybe because it is the weekend or something.

We have a huge shipment coming in, in the beginning of the week, and we desperately need the space. We will just eat this one. Everyone who won their auctions, come by and pick it up today if possible!!!

hughjaas is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSD View Post
      We have a huge shipment coming in, in the beginning of the week, and we desperately need the space. We will just eat this one. Everyone who won their auctions, come by and pick it up today if possible!!!
      oh alright... twist my arm... since you need the space in your tanks, I'll pick my stuff up later this afternoon. I don't feel as bad now. thanks will, you're the best.

I'm leaving my credit card at home though

AquaSD is offline Registered
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Piratey

Okay, all invoices sent. Again, if you can make it today to pick up your coral/s, that will be appreciated! Thanks!

7202 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, 92111

fish king is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Majorally cool of you Will !!!!

1 up for aqua sd!!!

dese is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

COOL or not, I personally would have asked for 50% off of the price or at least offered to pay a little more out of respect, but to pay the actual price of $7 for a plate like that ??? I don't think we need S**T like that on these boards, especially with as nice as WILL and ALICE are!!!!

luv4qt1004 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

yeah same here. cuz u know if u bought a metallic bubble coral for less than 2 dollars,,something is wrong. i would of at least tipped them or something

mj1333 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

This just goes to show what kind of person Will is and how he put's his customers first. Whether or not ebay is going to reimburse him for any of his loss, (which I'm sure they won't) He is willing to honor the "winning" prices and eat the rest if he has to. I personally could and would not take a coral at some of those prices from Will. i know some people offered him more or to even wait til he relists everything, but he declined.
      Will, you are an awesome, very customer friendly businessman. i know this will all come back to you a hundred fold.
      And for those of you (if there are any here) that acually took something at WAY below it's value, even by ebay standards, without at least offering some extra to Will, it will come back to you too.

dese is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Oh they did !!! I'm not gonna say names or anything but its obvious from this thread!

lowfi is offline Registered User
      My status is: Salty...

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Wow will, im really sorry to read about this. you guys have always been really nice to me when ive stopped by the store to just "window shop". You're great with customer service and great at owning a business. It's a shame that a technical glitch like this had to happen. I know that you will make this money back and I know that I will help with that in the future. You may have lost some money this time, but you've won my business for as long as im reefing in SD. Keep it up.

Sean B.

elvis142 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

hello Will, i won one of your items on ebay. but i can't do it, not for that price. i have never done business with you and i hope to soon, but not like this.

thanks,
      john

Rob619 is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by dese View Post
      COOL or not, I personally would have asked for 50% off of the price or at least offered to pay a little more out of respect, but to pay the actual price of $7 for a plate like that ??? I don't think we need S**T like that on these boards, especially with as nice as WILL and ALICE are!!!!
      excatly dese!!! i feel for you will!! this just sucks man.. i felt bad getting that trachy from you when you first opened when it was marked wrong!! there was no way i was taking it so cheap from you

duecejt is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Man I feel bad for winning now! I got a real nice Acan for $20. I just now read this thread and had no idea what was going on. I will offer my coral back to you Will if you want to put it back up for auction. I know I got a smokin deal but I cant have you loosing all that money because of Ebay!

barometer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Will has been great through this ordeal. If you guys feel bad about the cheapness, just go down and buy something else too
      [SIZE=2][B]Ed Gambler[/B][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]-[/SIZE][SIZE=2][B][URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49591"][COLOR=darkorchid]Cubicus Maximus II[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]-[B][URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26437"][COLOR=darkorange]the original Hex[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/SIZE]
      -[B][URL="http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44246"][COLOR=lime][U]24[/U][/COLOR]/[COLOR=orange]0[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]0[/COLOR] Feedback[/URL][/B]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised” -Tolstoy

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information