• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: rc cars

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

rc cars

any gas rc guys in here that know of a good place to bash them?

SDFISHMAN is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

BigAir is the man with RC cars.

estamm is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Iv been racing for years around soCal, (1/8 offroad). Everybody's going to ARC off of the 79 outside Temecula. Dan (ARC) moved his operation from murrietta to a place by veil lake, its all new and really nice outdoor track. There was some racing at Barona speedway for a while, i dont know if they are still doing it. iv been on a break from racing for a few months. I see that you are in chula vista, stop by and see paul at Krazy Kevins he will know whats going on down there.... ES
      Last edited by estamm; 05-25-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Diver Dan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I just broke my HPI Savage 25's transmission the other day...

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Im relatevly new on these boards, is their a lot of RC guys here? Some of my racing friends are also reef keepers. Its kind of funny the two hobbies dont really have much to do with each other... How about musicians, i play guitar... i have had the same 3 hobbies all my life...I also drive a WRX and I know from the WRX boards that many of those guys are also reef keepers..Go figure.....ES

BigAir is offline Registered User
      My status is: In pain

I am:
      Piratey

I have been in RC cars/trucks for over 20 yrs.
      Family Hobbies was running the track at Barona. Never made it out, but heard it was a decent track. Palomar at the 15 and 76 is a ho-hum track at best, and requiresw a membership.
      When I could afford to race, I was driving to Beaumont and Montclaire pretty much every weekend.
      There are a handfull of guys that meet up at Fiesta Island to do some bashing on sunday mornings. Go onto the island, and walk thru the first or second gate on the left. Been a while sine I went there, but check w/ one of the RC guys at Discount Hobbies up here on Clmnt Mesa Blvd. acroos from the old Kmart.

Trying to get my ass in gear and clean up the track that I built in my backyard so I can get back to running. Will be a while longer, as I am getting ready to have a litter of puppies in the next couple weeks.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The Family hobbies races were fun Iv made a few of them, Palomar is done last i heard, most of those guys are running at ARC now. We were going up to Revelation for a while (night program) and running the Saturday series races at proline, thunder alley and hemet. But the long drives were starting to burn me out big time this year. Getting up at 4:00 on the weekend just to make practice was getting old.. ARC and Fam Hobies are both fun races. i do know that Dan (ARC) opens up the track for practice but im not sure if Barona (FHR) is open to the public outside of raceday they both have websites...ES

Diver Dan is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I do everything, surf, play guitar, ride moto, I got my truck for christmas a couple years ago and haven't gotten "that" into it, but when I do it's fun! I have 3 acres of property and just play around in it. What kinds of tracks do they have where you race? Offroad dirt? Or street? I need to get my truck fixed and start up again!

diegoluv is offline Registered User
      My status is: Relaxed

I am:
      Cool

Track

There is a track right next to chollas lake around the corner from me. I went there this weekend and it ade me want to get back into it. This one guy had a baja stadium truck that ws really cool. The people at hobby people said that those were the ew things that are "in" right now.

Anyways, every Sat and Sun about 20 people with their familys show up there and setup canopy's and BBQ and stuff. Looks like a good time. Not only that, there is an RC airplane landing strip right accross the street that has been there since I was like 5 years old. If you come from 54th and turn on the street that goes up the hill to chollas lake, it's about half way up the hill on the left. You have to look hard because if nobody is there, it's easy to miss....

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
      What kinds of tracks do they have where you race? Offroad dirt? Or street?
      If that was directed to me: I race the 1/8 buggy class at the expert or intermediate level depending on the race. Its offroad moto type tracks. the cars, if your not familiar with them, are all wheel drive with a center diff, they look like indy cars with knobby tires. They are about 8 pounds, fully suspended and put out roughly 3 HP with a .21 two stroke on nitro and castor oil fuel. They do a standing start with normally 10 car heats with 2 heats and a main event that lasts 20 minutes to an hour depending on the class, 2 pit stops for fuel are usually required. In a race they spend as much time in the air as on the ground. Its pure moto heaven for those of us not healthy enough to ride anymore. The 1/8 classes are the most popular these days because the performance is outstanding. you drive from an elevated "drivers stand" and a pit lane is incorporated somewhere usually below the stand. The races are transponder scored with a computer and a race director/ announcer calls the action.....If anybody is interested in going to do some practice at a track I can give you my email, if you'v never been on a purpose built groomed track with jumps and berms its a lot of fun, sorry for the long post.........ES

CNCreefer is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

is their a lot of RC guys here?
      I have a 1/10 scale gas powered RC truck ( 50 mph) that I haven't ran in some time due to not having a place big enough to bash. There used to be a track right off the 54 hwy in national city/chula vista. It was behind an auto repair shop by the hwy. I don't know if it's still there, bigair said it was bulldozed a while back. When I was by there recently I couldn't find it.
      Fiesta island sounds good, might have to check it out.

Bogg is offline Registered User
      My status is: Addicted

I am:
      Piratey

Whatever happened to the one out in Ramona? that one was fun for not so serious racing. 1/10 and 1/8th scale gas off road and oval. It was years ago though. Hemet was too far for me but a really really nice track. Fiesta island sounds fun what are they running out there for kicks?.
      This kit looks cool. http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=80910
      Last edited by Bogg; 05-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information