• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dental work for cats?

OceanBeach1502 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Also keep in mind the longer you wait the worse the teeth get. Aside from what Dave said, teeth will continue to rot to the point where your cat wont be able to chew even wet food anymore.

Pet Insurance is awesome!!

Yolo is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Try Cuyamaca Animal Hospital in Santee....they are by far the most legitimate vet I have ever done business with. Just had my cat in there who almost died...their estimate was $900 to $1300. When it came time to pay, they only charged me a very reasonable $700. They never overcharge and are honest.

m
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

I really love arguing with strangers on the internet...NOT...be cool."
      "I was Yolo before it got weird."
      http://www.sandiegofishingclub.com

pcon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hey Mikey,

Nah its a place in Carmel Mountain, down the street from where I live. They're a great vet clinic.They're a little expensive to begin with, and I don't mind paying a little more for good care for my cat, but again $750 for dental work (before teeth extraction if needed) is just ridiculous in my book and something I will not shell out for until I get quoted from several different vets (or pet insurance).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyfromsd View Post
      Pcon, out of curiosity, is the vet located in Poway. If it's the one that tried to charge me that much to get my dogs teeth cleaned, its probably the same place. I got my dogs teeth done, had a tooth extracted, had the vet scope his peter to find out he hadn't been neutered, and had them remove his nuts for 450 at a place in Escondido. Call around. You know what the cat needs. Its a business, so put them against each other since times are tough for pet care due to the economy.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Oh yeah, I know the consequences. I am definitely going to get it done....Just don't want to open a loan just to get my cat's teeth cleaned. For some reason, I think they could pull all my cats teeth out for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanBeach1502 View Post
      Also keep in mind the longer you wait the worse the teeth get. Aside from what Dave said, teeth will continue to rot to the point where your cat wont be able to chew even wet food anymore.

Pet Insurance is awesome!!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Right on, thanks Yolo. It's a little far, but if I could save a $200 bucks, I'd be MOER THAN HAPPY for the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo View Post
      Try Cuyamaca Animal Hospital in Santee....they are by far the most legitimate vet I have ever done business with. Just had my cat in there who almost died...their estimate was $900 to $1300. When it came time to pay, they only charged me a very reasonable $700. They never overcharge and are honest.

m

Yolo is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Happy

Not as far as it seems...across the 52 where it ends at Mission Gorge Road, then travel East on MG for a few blocks to Cuyamaca. They could have socked it to me on many occaisions, just a sincere group of professionals. They do the Pug rescue dogs also. Good luck with your little buddy.

m
      SW 150g Reef w/Livestock

I really love arguing with strangers on the internet...NOT...be cool."
      "I was Yolo before it got weird."
      http://www.sandiegofishingclub.com

Chanas4 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I never paid that much for any of my animals dental work, even my senior dog who needs a general anesthetic and cardiac monitoring and preop. I have always had Pet Insurance, has saved us through alot of serious illnesses. Of course when they get old its not worth it because then everything they have is already preexisting and the premiums go up.

Another thing we did was get Care Credit. My pet insurance requires me to pay up front and they reimburse. sometimes things came up that I didnt have 1,000.00 for, so I would use the care credit then pay it off when the insurance came in. It was an account designated just for the pets.
      Last edited by Chanas4; 04-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.

mikeyfromsd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The vet that I went to was El Norte Vet Clinic. There are two vets about a mile apart on El Norte Parkway. They are the one west of the 15.

I got one quote from Midland animal clinic, which from the five vets I have taken pets to, has always been the most expensive. The quote was twice as much as El Norte, and they even missed the fact that my dog had his nuts after I told them he had a white discharge the last time I took him there.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Who do you use for Pet Insurance? Just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanas4 View Post
      Another thing we did was get Care Credit. My pet insurance requires me to pay up front and they reimburse. sometimes things came up that I didnt have 1,000.00 for, so I would use the care credit then pay it off when the insurance came in. It was an account designated just for the pets.

Chanas4 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I use Pets Health Plan. Dont think offices have that one. I found it on internet when I first got my dog as a pup. She is 9 now. They reimburse pretty high so I usually got all my money back.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information