• Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "One-third of coral reef species face extinction"

SolRo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

man, fishfinger, could you get any more smug or smarmy?

please do tell what "small" car you drive and how fast, and the engine displacement of your motorcylce (so we know you bought it to save gas, as you claim, and not for fun).

how big is your garden? because I call BS on you being able to live off your garden most of the time, as you claim.

and if you want to argue that anything that happens on this planet is natural, then never go to the doctor when you or your family get sick...because you got sick naturaly, and that's the way the planet works...and it's your fault you didn't evolve enough to not get sick in the first place.

brahm is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by SolRo View Post

and if you want to argue that anything that happens on this planet is natural, then never go to the doctor when you or your family get sick...because you got sick naturaly, and that's the way the planet works...and it's your fault you didn't evolve enough to not get sick in the first place.

That makes no sense. It is natural for individuals whether it be humans or other animals to prioritize survival over all other things. Why would going to a DR be unnatural? It would be unnatural for a creature to concede to death when an opportunity at survival is available.

We as humans have evolved enough to understand and discover how to combat illness. Since when is evolution of the mind unnatural, when compared to the evolution of the bodies ability to ward off such things?
      Last edited by brahm; 07-24-2008 at 02:04 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by brahm View Post
      Humans are a product a nature, the action we take in an effort to survive and thrive as a species are no more unnatural then what any other animal does. To assume that some how the actions of man are exempt from the laws of nature, is a gross over estimation of the importance of the human existence...
      One law of nature is that if a species reproduces without limit, and has no predators to keep its numbers in check, it eventually uses up its resources and experiences a massive die-off.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

That makes no sense. It is natural for individuals whether it be humans or other animals to prioritize survival over all other things. Why would going to a DR be unnatural? It would be unnatural for a creature to concede to death when an opportunity at survival is available.
      Then you admit that it's also natural to protect the environment because our own survival depends on it?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Then you admit that it's also natural to protect the environment because our own survival depends on it?
      We as a species will find a balance, or we as a species will die. To assume that a cow won't eat the last patch of grass to allow it to reseed for future generations at risk of death by starvation is foolish. When we get to a point that life is no longer sustainable we will adapt or fail.. Until that happens we can talk all we want but it won't make a difference.
      Last edited by brahm; 07-24-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

One law of nature is that if a species reproduces without limit, and has no predators to keep its numbers in check, it eventually uses up its resources and experiences a massive die-off.
      We do have natural predators.. Ourselves. mmm... ...war.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

We as a species will find a balance, or we as a species will die. To assume that a cow won't eat the last patch of grass to allow it to reseed for future generations at risk of death by starvation is foolish. When we get to a point that life is no longer sustainable we will adapt or fail.. Until that happens we can talk all we want but it won't make a difference.
      How about adapting and finding a balance now, instead of putting it off until later as some comments here seem to suggest?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

We do have natural predators.. Ourselves. mmm... ...war.
      unless we plan to have yearly atomic wars, our reproductive rate far, far, far outpaces the amount of people that die in wars.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

How about adapting and finding a balance now, instead of putting it off until later as some comments here seem to suggest?
      Sure there will be some individuals whom do these things early..and assume they are making a difference... but the rest of us are to busy trying to survive, and procreate.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

unless we plan to have yearly atomic wars, our reproductive rate far, far, far outpaces the amount of people that die in wars.
      Sooner or later the human race will reach it's limits of sustainability on this planet, and we will either adapt or thin our numbers. I doubt it will happen in our life time. Unless some diseases pop up and wipes out huge populations of people like has happend time and time again.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sure there will be some individuals whom do these things early..and assume they are making a difference... but the rest of us are to busy trying to survive, and procreate.
      Come on, even you know 90% of activities or products in the developed world have absolutely nothing to do with surviving.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Sooner or later the human race will reach it's limits of sustainability on this planet, and we will either adapt or thin our numbers. I doubt it will happen in our life time. Unless some diseases pop up and wipes out huge populations of people like has happend time and time again.
      The problem is, there is no adapting ONCE we reach the limit...at that point it is too late, massive die-offs and wars for what few resources are left will be the only option.

it's like a car crash, you cant wait to put on your seatbelt when you start having the crash, you have to do it before.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Come on, even you know 90% of activities or products in the developed world have absolutely nothing to do with surviving.
      Name 1 activity that we do that doesn't have to do with survival and/or attempts to procreate? If you break things down to the most basic level everything we do is done for those 2 reasons.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

The problem is, there is no adapting ONCE we reach the limit...at that point it is too late, massive die-offs and wars for what few resources are left will be the only option.

it's like a car crash, you cant wait to put on your seatbelt when you start having the crash, you have to do it before.
      Ha who ever said nature was graceful.

Redeye is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

one word...plague!
      Stan...they are a lost cause, move on

Closed Thread

Thread Information