• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [27-06, 11:37] Technoviking Chat is now for premies only.

pnguy3n is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Lately I've been seeing alot of premie members not re-newing their membership. I remember reading something about the chat feature only being only for premies. Oh well, this was in the works. It kind of sucks, but it's funny that only regs can see the chat but not type.

nahtanoj is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

thats how i would run a business, dissatisfied customer? oh that's normal don't worry about it.

Technoviking is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

You guys really don't know anything about the inner workings of this site. I have not made a singe cent, in fact, I am still way in the red. I did not take over for money, obviously. I took over so we could have some moderation and the site would continue to run.

slowturtle is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Technoviking View Post
      single cent
      fixed. calm down before you type.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Uh? Haha...

nahtanoj is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

you are correct. i do not know the inner workings of this site. but i do know business, and i do know customer service. and the way you handled the chat removal was unprofessional and rude. it was left up too long, and we all got too used to it.
      i would like to apologize for attacking you. but if you are going to run this site like a business whether you make money or lose money, you need to do it professionally. the last reference to the premie chat only was in february, i suggest you announce it again, and SET A DATE so it is not a surprise.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Very true, thanks Jon.

coral diver is offline Registered User
      My status is: Scrub your tank for Coral

I am:
      Crazy

Well Honestly its his site and he can do anything to it that pleases him what ever he makes or not make (money) is for him to know and us to wonder not unless he open the book. In my opinion Blake should have done it ever since the chat started and blake don't say that "I DID'NT TOLD YOU SO" and its to late now since the (us) non-premi will wonder around looking for other places talk to each other low membership sponsor will not benefit they will go to the site where's theres more traffic this are the thing you have to think off just my 2cents.

Techknowledgy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Hmmmm..... this didn't start out as a rant.

Gotta side with Blake on this one. (Horrors!) You can't have it both ways guys.

Side 1: What is the major advantage to being a premie if all I get is a little sticker, more PM space and a lounge?

or

Side 2: I just want it for free..... all of it for free..... and complain a my discretion.

-a dime a day is well worth it for all of the fellowship, awesome deals, saved money and livestock, amazing advice and all the rest. $3.00 a month is less than a fufu cup of coffee at Starbucks. - Just one. ... a third of a movie ticket, 3/4 of a gallon of gas, two Snickers bars, one cold beer at a cheap bar, the bottom third of a hydrometer, three goldfish at PetCo, a double double with a coke, you get the idea. It is - in this hobby my friends (sorry to sound like John McCain) the Deal of the Century. If I had known this existed before I set everything up I would have saved literally hundreds of dollars.

If your rationale is that you can get all of the above from Reef Central- see ya. Please delete the link from your favorites, forget the URL and ask the mods to delete your account. This hobby is expensive, and our power is our group, our organization and what you are reading right now in front of your eyes. If it is not worth anything to you, don't use it. If you don't want to pay anything for it, but want to tell the owner how to run his business, get a life. You have no skin in the game...... I on the other hand will complain loudly in the "elite" permie lounge, while smoking cigars and drinking cognac.

jhAWK21 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

First and foremost,

I really appreciate this site. YOU, and everyone's input as a community. SDR has offered me endless support.
      I also appologize for any misconceptions you have of me, and for any offenses i have made. I am very new to this site and you are correct in that i HAVE no idea of its interworkings.
      I was extremely disapointed to be thrown out of such a reliable tool.
      TV: I would really appreciate more of your feedback, I realize you think I am a prick, however I would still like to become a member of this community.
      At this point I feel I should ask for yours and the communities acceptance. If you agree to let me join please send me a pm re: payment for membership.
      If I have offended you and others here, then I will be on my way with no hard feelings, and i SINCERELY appologize to the community if I was offensive/abusive to you all
      jhAWK

pako73 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

All I ever wanted was stickers!

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

Here is the way I look at it:

A) There isn't one person that is on this board with any kind of regularity that hasn't benefitted well beyond the $30 or whatever membership is, so shut up and get out your wallet.

2) This site is owned by an individual and for those of you that were not here before he bought it, you have no idea how much worse it was. TV can do anything he wants and in my opinion nobody that can't part with a measly subscription fee has any right to complain and expect to be taken seriously.

Yes, sometimes situations are not handled in the best way, but it has been my experience that issues like that get remedied pretty quickly. Most of us have several thousand dollars invested in our tanks and do you expect me to believe that you can not afford to subscribe to this site in order to continue to get the money saving benefits? It seems to be pretty strange that it is so hard for people to understand that sites like this cost a lot of money as well as time to maintain. SDReefs provides an excellant service to us all, with a little drama and fun mixed in between. If you can't live without the chatbox, then pony up the cash to help pay for it, or go to another source of information. Good luck finding one that has as much community as SDReefs.

Dave (stepping off the soapbox)
      Last edited by DaveMorris; 06-27-2008 at 12:36 PM.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

aanntthhoonnyy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Start a GDT In the Lounge.

"General Discussion Thread"

It works on every forum I've even posted on. We don't need a chat. It's 33.3% bull**** and the other 66.6% are pictures and Jokes that everyone is tired of. Let the Premi's have it.

There are way's around everything.

pcon is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I personally became a SD Reef Premium member for the chicks.

WOMEN WHERE ARE YOU?!??!

jblaze is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Gotta agree with Dave. All the Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is getting old. The site is a lot better than it was and dude isn't going to take a public vote on every decision he makes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information