• + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tank flooded with auto top off

Useful Idiot is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Techknowledgy View Post
      I would NOT buy anything new. That would just add even more variables. Do the water changes, not huge, but gradual, and wait.......wait a week or two and then wait some more. When the tank seems stable and healthy again, CONSIDER adding some new critters. Get a good schedule going for the water changes, 20% a week or so for a while. Patience is key.
      Yeah, sorry I didn't mean right away. I'd definitely wait a few weeks and do plenty of water changes and keep an eye on the params and other fish.

Thanks to everyone that offered advice and support. Pretty crappy thing to go through, but hopefully the worst is over.

Useful Idiot is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

One final update so you all can rest easy... The remaining livestock are recovering nicely. The yellow tang pulled through so all said and done I lost a PBT, CBB, flame angel and emperor angel. A yellow tang, ocellaris, chromis and cleaner goby survived. Salinity is just about back to where I want it and the fish are all eating and acting normal now. I'll give it a couple more weeks before I start to re-stock. Thanks again for the advice and support, hopefully others can learn from this. It was very hard to stay "hands off" but there are other fish in the sea

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information