• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Medical Dosing pumps, Litermeter III and Aps Instrument dosing pump

kinktao is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Medical Dosing pumps, Litermeter III and Aps Instrument dosing pump

I've gone through many dosing pumps and here are my judgments.

Medical Dosing pumps
      Pros: Affordable, can add small amounts to large amounts, very precise, quiet, can do dual channel for 2 part, can have add on depending on which one you buy.

Cons: If you're like me you could only use the silicone tubing in order to do dual channel. However, silicone tubing seems to fail after about 2 months. Constantly replacing it is kind of a hassel. Also, one of your channels might fail before the other but you wouldn't notice unless you check everyday. You could be adding 10ml of part A but adding no part B.
      I had a problem of it holding siphon after about 2 months, but this is probably due to the silicone wearing out. You can use norprene instead of silicone which would definitely up the tubig life span but than you wouldn't be able to fit two channels on the roller.
      Mine had to be ran 24/7 and if the power shut off, you would have to turn it on again. However, I know some automatically turn back on to it's programed setting so maybe mine wasn't the best.

Overall, I give a medical dosing pump a 3/5. Also, I would probably not go this route again unless I bought two medical pumps and used the norprene tubing.
      Last edited by kinktao; 12-12-2007 at 04:38 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Litermeter III

Pros: Accurate, tubing is made of norprene, 3 roller design to hold siphon, can dose large amounts, reliable. let's you calibrate it so that it will accuately dose how much you program it to dose. Has a lot of bells and whistles you can get for it, like water exchange mode, top off sensor, can add two extra pumps (so total is 3 dosing pumps).

Cons:
      1. Very expensive. I just couldn't justify 600 dollars to drip water.
      2. Cannot dose less than 50ml. If you have a tank smaller than 400 gallons, you're going to have to dilute 2 part to hit the 50ml mark.
      3. Not silent, not loud, but totally audible.
      4. The water exchange add on is a total waste. It's not flexible at all, you have to do a water exchange everyday if you want this feature, because you can't tell it to only change water certain days of the week.

Overall, I give it a 4/5 because of it's reliability.
      Last edited by kinktao; 12-12-2007 at 04:36 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

AptInstruments: sp100 no casing version

Pros: Uses Norprene, affordable, 4 roller design. Accurate. Holds siphon. Uses Norprene. Shuts off when power is off, turns on when power starts rolling. Quietest pump out of the three.

Cons: You need to buy two pumps in order to dose two part. However one pump only cost 70 dollars.
      2. Shipping from this company is terrible. I had to wait 2 weeks, call in, and than wait another week before I got my pumps.
      3. You need to buy an external outlet timer to turn it on and off. It is always on when power is supplied.

I've only had this pump running for 2 weeks now, so I'm not sure about how reliable it will be in a month or two. I'll have to update later on it. So far it's running great.

I'll give it a 4/5.
      Last edited by kinktao; 12-12-2007 at 04:40 AM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Overall, if I was in the market for a dosing pump I would definitely look into aptinstruments they seem to work well and are affordable.

If I had a ridiculous amount of money, I would buy the litermeter III like everyone on RC does.

iVgOnMaD is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

bellows dosing pumps work good too

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information