• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carpet Anemones

rhinochaser is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Its on the sand bed at least 2 ft from the lights.

iwantone is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Again, most people can't keep carpet anemones greater than one year. The haddonis are the easiest to keep (especially the tan, grey and green ones). Blues and reds are much harder. A lot of places dye the anemones blue. Keep your eye on the boards as they do become available (the bright green haddonis occasionally). My percs host in a RBTA and igore my carpet! Also think about the sebae anemones as they are easier to keep and are cheaper.

I wouldn't give up on your clowns hosting. Try this....
      Make a big cage (dome) out of egg crate that you glue together. Then place the the anemone and clowns together and see what happens.

The other option is to get a small quarantine tank from somebody and only have the clowns and anemone in it.

iwantone is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Again, most people can't keep carpet anemones greater than one year. The haddonis are the easiest to keep (especially the tan, grey and green ones). Blues and reds are much harder. A lot of places dye the anemones blue. Keep your eye on the boards as they do become available (the bright green haddonis occasionally). My percs host in a RBTA and igore my carpet! Also think about the sebae anemones as they are easier to keep and are cheaper.

I wouldn't give up on your clowns hosting. Try this....
      Make a big cage (dome) out of egg crate that you glue together. Then place the the anemone and clowns together and see what happens.

The other option is to get a small quarantine tank from somebody and only have the clowns and anemone in it.

Tempestas is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I would love to get my clowns to host in ANYTHING. Unfortunately, I think they're a bit retarded. I use to have them in a 29gal aquarium alone with a BTA. The BTA was big enough that the diameter spanned the entire depth (front to back) of the tank. The clowns stayed as far away as possible all the time, and I had them together for at least 6 months... probably longer.

I'd like to hear from someone with False percs. True percs are different, and I do not have true percs. Any volunteers?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information