• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Religion Faith/Racial Profiling

Poacher is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Solro... You are probably the smartest person on this board, but your need to "Hate" conservatives means you just hate people. It immediately discredits you and your comments. It takes more than a college education to make it in this world...

Im out...

Techknowledgy is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-n-AK
      9/12/2001 - 6/2/2007 No attacks on American soil.

That was easy. Next?
      Why kill us here when we go over there to let them kill us? No jet lag.

SolRo is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher
      Solro... You are probably the smartest person on this board, but your need to "Hate" conservatives means you just hate people. It immediately discredits you and your comments. It takes more than a college education to make it in this world...

Im out...
      I hate bad possitions, I hate bad ideas, I hate bad decisions, I hate willful ignorance, I don't hate people.

Beyond that, I do this because it's fun to debate...but certain people here cannot backup their possition without talking down to me or outright insulting me, and I got tired of that BS about 300 posts ago.

Seems like some of you guys were expecting me to be a "spineless liberal" and have my feelings hurt and stop arguing as soon as the insults came flying.

mazilla is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

9/12/2001 - 6/2/2007 No attacks on American soil.

That was easy. Next?

see thats what i mean. nothing but "this didnt happen" well nothing happened on 9-10 either, so that makes every day nothing happens a point for the administration? if you believe that i have a rock here that keeps tigers away that i can sell to you. well, you dont see any tigers running the streets do you? i told you its legit. so what happened to their tiger rock on the 11th, that day doesnt count??

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

What the current administration has done will take decades to fix. It is one large pile of crap. They need to all be in jail. ....condition Orange everyone,........ get out your duct tape and plastic sheeting...." My ass.

Bubba-n-AK is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Techknowledgy
      Why kill us here when we go over there to let them kill us? No jet lag.
      I've lost close friends to this war. I also lost people I worked with on 9/11. I feel if given a choice no person should die of anything other than natural causes. I also feel that if a cowardly sect decides to bring death to thousands of civilians then we should task our warriors to bring it to them.

We can nit pick this to death. It is easy to place blame on government for anything. I find the only major flaw in our system is that our nature has turned too soft and we put in prison our soldiers for pulling frat style pranks on inmates while our enemy has no problem cutting off the head of a non-combatant because of his faith.

We need to fight dogs like dogs but our overly sensitive, warm fuzzy ways will not allow our military to do so.

Poacher is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by SolRo
      I hate bad possitions, I hate bad ideas, I hate bad decisions, I hate willful ignorance, I don't hate people.

Beyond that, I do this because it's fun to debate...but certain people here cannot backup their possition without talking down to me or outright insulting me, and I got tired of that BS about 300 posts ago.

Seems like some of you guys were expecting me to be a "spineless liberal" and have my feelings hurt and stop arguing as soon as the insults came flying.
      Good post, thanks for the clairification...

mazilla is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Nigritude is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

First point: tamilnation website = heavily biased.

"The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), commonly known as the Tamil Tigers, is a militant organization that has been waging a violent secessionist campaign against the Sri Lankan government since the 1970s in order to secure a separate state for the Tamil majority regions in the north and east of Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon). The LTTE is proscribed as a terrorist organisation by 32 countries." (Wiki)

Do not post links when you know nothing of the history of the conflict. Do some research first.

Second point: Did you even bother to read the first article? or did you post it because it had the word radical in it?

The author is saying how the teachings of Buddhism is interpreted differently by Western Buddhists and the true teachings are more radical.

"The fundamental teachings must not be neglected, lest we take to wearing our religion like warm slippers and doze into mediocrity. Understood rightly, the Noble Truths are profoundly disturbing. They compel us to act, to pursue the ideal of emancipation no matter how difficult the journey appears. Buddhism truly goes against the stream of the world and demands an uncommon vigor of the disciple. How well we respond depends on individual choice and ability, but what matters most is the recognition that a response is called for, that a path does exist, and that the goal can be achieved"

Again READ before you post worthless links.
      Last edited by Nigritude; 06-02-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I've lost close friends to this war. I also lost people I worked with on 9/11. I feel if given a choice no person should die of anything other than natural causes. I also feel that if a cowardly sect decides to bring death to thousands of civilians then we should task our warriors to bring it to them.

We can nit pick this to death. It is easy to place blame on government for anything. I find the only major flaw in our system is that our nature has turned too soft and we put in prison our soldiers for pulling frat style pranks on inmates while our enemy has no problem cutting off the head of a non-combatant because of his faith.

We need to fight dogs like dogs but our overly sensitive, warm fuzzy ways will not allow our military to do so.
      I agree........ I too have lost people..... in both places. The point here is that the Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11. The President said so himself! Saddam LOVED to kill members of Al Quida. See lets rain death on "the cowardly sect" , not 650,000 innocent Iraqis.

Bush is not concerned about finding Osama dead or alive any more!
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0020313-8.html

60 Minutes did a one hour special on the Iowa National Guard and showed one of the fallen coming home in a box. I found watching the coffin being offloaded from the plane to be one of the saddest images from this sorry debacle that is called the "war on terror". Which is one of the reasons why the Bush administration has done its best to prevent those images from being shown on the nightly news.

Wars are fought against enemy states and nations, not crazy religious sects.

Jessy is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

This is my $.02. I don't think it's Bush's fault that 9/11 happened on his watch. Has every decision he's made been the best decision? No. But, that is easy to say that now that we have the benefit of looking back on it. I think Bush made the best decisions any man with his principals and beliefs could have with the information he was provided. It always makes me laugh when people bash Bush, and they talk like they would have acted so much differently in his situation. The thing most people don't get is we as the people probably only know 15% of what really is going on out in the real world. Bush & co. have information that we could never know about. Do you think we find out every time they do something to keep us safe in America? No, I'm sure we don't. So unless you have the 100 million dollars and the balls to run for president yourself, I say...shut it. You don't know what goes on at that level of government and you'll never know. So, unless you know all the information about certain situation, and have analyzed it all with people who are smarter than you, and come up with a miracle solution to it all, just support the person who is currently trying to do just that. And that is Pres. Bush. for better or worse, he's the only one we've got right now.
      Oh and by the way. He's just a man. People make mistakes. Why would you expect anything different from the President? When we elect him, he doesn't turn into an infallible being all of the sudden. He's still just a man.

And that's probably the last political post you'll ever read from me.
      Jessy -
      -Creative Soup, Owner
      If you need anything for marketing a business hit me up... Logos, Business Cards, Banners, Post Cards, T-Shirts, I do it all.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by mazilla
      see thats what i mean. nothing but "this didnt happen" well nothing happened on 9-10 either, so that makes every day nothing happens a point for the administration? if you believe that i have a rock here that keeps tigers away that i can sell to you. well, you dont see any tigers running the streets do you? i told you its legit. so what happened to their tiger rock on the 11th, that day doesnt count??
      I need a grizzly bear rock where I live

Perhaps I see things a little differently. Perhaps I've earned the right to. But I see it as a very important thing (us not being attacked since). I do get fairly good intel on terrorism. I have a fairly good idea the probability of more attacks on our soil. I will not rule out that it wont happen. Your rock will run out of luck eventually. But I am certain that our stance since 9/11 has thwarted subsequent attacks. I have a little background on the subject. Though I do find flaws in our administration, I find that it is counter productive to just harp on them and place blame. I doubt any person in the Presidents position (Clinton(s), Gore, Bush(s), Nixon...etc) want to do bad. Sending our people into harms way has to be the hardest thing one will ever face.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. I just don't agree with it.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by JessyCat77
      ...just support the person who is currently trying to do just that. And that is Pres. Bush. for better or worse, he's the only one we've got right now.
      Oh and by the way. He's just a man. People make mistakes. Why would you expect anything different from the President? When we elect him, he doesn't turn into an infallible being all of the sudden. He's still just a man.

And that's probably the last political post you'll ever read from me.
      Uh... no... can't... worst President EVER..... well there was Nixon.
      .... and we didn't ELECT him...... the Supreme Court did.

Jas0863 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Are you forgetting Jimmy?

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jas0863
      Are you forgetting Jimmy?
      I served under Jimmy and Ronny