• Tired
  • Closed Thread
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New National Monument

Rushdog86 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

"The president also announced that he had taken steps to protect the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument in Hawaii."

i just want to see bush say papahanaumokuakea on live tv hahahahaha

i love uhmerika!!!!

Big Brother is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

haha true

fishfinger is offline Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by pk-sd
      Actually that is exactly what out tanks our doing. Our tanks are consuming so much of our precious resources (water/electricity) everyday. We (including myself) have managed to rationalize that this hobby is great for the environment, but in reality its not.
      But in fact the reefs are being harvested for our aquarium pleasure world wide. This hobby is destructive to all reefs in fact. How it can be good for the environment makes no sense at all to me. The key is preserves and carefully regulated harvests like hunting and fishing have adopted. At least Bush is setting aside an area ( biggest one in history) that won't be touched and can be preserved for all to enjoy. The extremist left on the other hand wants to shut it all down. Don't believe me? Go to "www.allcoastfishing.com" and get informed as to the FACTS. Other countries should follow suit so that they have something left for the future. The ridiculous idea that the radical left and extremists enviro Nazi's want you to the believe that somehow Republicans want to destroy the environment and pollute everything is absurd and insane. It shows how out of touch with fact they actually are and to what extreme lies they will resort to in order to get attention.
      Most hunters, fisherman types are Republicans and they buy land for game reserves so that there will be a future place for wildlife to live on. Ducks unlimited , all sorts of hunting and fishing groups. It really is an issue that brings both sides together for the same goal if they would stop being so extreme and childish with their lunatic style tactics. Especially the extreme leftists.
      yea all Republicans want to drink dirty toxic water and breath foul air.........grow up and get a grip you nuts that believe this garbage.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by dbrooks
      Translation: We can continue to plunder and rape the oceans...what a guy.

Translation: We can get on the committee and strong arm the rest of the world to do what we want. Idiot America strikes again.
      Real life fact translation
      The countries over seas are the ones devastating the coral reefs, Not Bush. We only have a small amount of reef in USA waters and it is mostly protected already. It's people like you and I that are the problem. If you are going to complain then gets rid of you tanks. You are causu=ing the rapping of the reef areas with your hobby. Killing thousands of fish and corals in the process. Most of the stuff they ship dies in a few weeks or months anyway. The loss rate is horrific and you know it. It's not Bush it;s YOU

Nigritude is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Err you guys took the news article the wrong way. Its great that he set aside the area for preservation, but that news is undermining the Law of the Sea Treaty, which the US recently joined.

"Joining the Law of the Sea Treaty would enhance US national security by strengthening the global mobility of our armed forces, a key requirement in the war on terrorism. The treaty guarantees extensive navigation and overflight rights to important sea and air lanes that are crucial to our military. It also protects the right of vessels to use "normal modes" of travel through key international straits, meaning that submarines can remain submerged and air-capable ships may operate their aircraft. This would enable US forces to hold defensive postures and assume a sufficient level of readiness while traversing some of the world's most strategic and congested waters, such as the Strait of Hormuz. Furthermore, the treaty requires states parties to cooperate in the suppression of illegal narcotics trafficking and strengthens our ability to interdict suspect foreign vessels."

I hope they allow snorkeling in that area, it would be great to see the wildlife

pk-sd is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinger
      But in fact the reefs are being harvested for our aquarium pleasure world wide. This hobby is destructive to all reefs in fact. How it can be good for the environment makes no sense at all to me. The key is preserves and carefully regulated harvests like hunting and fishing have adopted. At least Bush is setting aside an area ( biggest one in history) that won't be touched and can be preserved for all to enjoy. The extremist left on the other hand wants to shut it all down. Don't believe me? Go to "www.allcoastfishing.com" and get informed as to the FACTS. Other countries should follow suit so that they have something left for the future. The ridiculous idea that the radical left and extremists enviro Nazi's want you to the believe that somehow Republicans want to destroy the environment and pollute everything is absurd and insane. It shows how out of touch with fact they actually are and to what extreme lies they will resort to in order to get attention.
      Most hunters, fisherman types are Republicans and they buy land for game reserves so that there will be a future place for wildlife to live on. Ducks unlimited , all sorts of hunting and fishing groups. It really is an issue that brings both sides together for the same goal if they would stop being so extreme and childish with their lunatic style tactics. Especially the extreme leftists.
      yea all Republicans want to drink dirty toxic water and breath foul air.........grow up and get a grip you nuts that believe this garbage.
      I guess you are right. I wish more people would see the compassion Republicans have for the environment like you do.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Most hunters, fisherman types are Republicans and they buy land for game reserves so that there will be a future place for wildlife to live on. .......
      I usually do not do this, but I found a typo above (I think?). I think you meant:

"Most hunters, fisherman types are Republicans and they buy land for game reserves so that there will be a future place for wildlife to die on."

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by pk-sd
      I usually do not do this, but I found a typo above (I think?). I think you meant:

"Most hunters, fisherman types are Republicans and they buy land for game reserves so that there will be a future place for wildlife to die on."
      Yes and die on. Which is what they will do anyway if there were not hunting or fishing at all. Right? Or they will be mercilessly killed by some warm fuzzy little predator like a fox and eaten for dinner.......or snuck up on by a Alligator and crushed to pieces in his mouth . Or some hawk will swoop down and crush their skull in with his talons and beak and eat their brain out while they are still flopping around. Or...............you get the picture. Does it really matter how they die in the end? Maybe or maybe not.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Yes and die on. Which is what they will do anyway if there were not hunting or fishing at all. Right? Or they will be mercilessly killed by some warm fuzzy little predator like a fox and eaten for dinner.......or snuck up on by a Alligator and crushed to pieces in his mouth . Or some hawk will swoop down and crush their skull in with his talons and beak and eat their brain out while they are still flopping around. Or...............you get the picture. Does it really matter how they die in the end? Maybe or maybe not.

Animals do it because....well they are....animals.....and they have a brain that is as big as walnut so they cannot grow and produce their own food. Hunters do it because....never mind, I see why hunters do it.

Nigritude is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Its called the food chain "buddy" and yes it does matter.

Back to the point of the thread:

Look at what we are saving:

Many similar ecosystems on Earth have been destroyed by overfishing. Within the national monument, all commercial and recreational fishing will be prohibited by 2011 and visitors will need permits for snorkeling or diving. Creatures such as the endangered monk seal, whose populations were devastated by the overfishing of spiny lobsters, will have a chance.

Redeye is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

He exempted the military, ever seen the size of the bases there? I was born at one, so I have, pretty big

You can save all the water you want, but by not renewing the clean air act, and refusing to support the kyoto treaty, the air is going to be polluted as all hell, polluting the water:P

Big Brother is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

PLEASE STOP

BEFORE THIS GETS UGLY

theres a new reserve... cool

dont be *******s

and dont respond to the *******s.

just be nice

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother
      PLEASE STOP

BEFORE THIS GETS UGLY

theres a new reserve... cool

dont be *******s

and dont respond to the *******s.

just be nice
      I AGREE !!!!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Nigritude
      Its called the food chain "buddy" and yes it does matter.

Back to the point of the thread:

Look at what we are saving:

Many similar ecosystems on Earth have been destroyed by overfishing. Within the national monument, all commercial and recreational fishing will be prohibited by 2011 and visitors will need permits for snorkeling or diving. Creatures such as the endangered monk seal, whose populations were devastated by the overfishing of spiny lobsters, will have a chance.

I am all for it..... let's preserve things and limit the harvest so that it will be there for everyone. Do it all over the world and things might just continue as they are and have been.

DaveMorris is offline Controller nut
      My status is: Tired and over-worked

I am:
      Tired

OK...I guess I gave the children here way too much credit for not being children. I would have hoped that given the recent glut of political bashing about we have had here that intelligent individuals would have recognized my sarcasm with the Bush hater comment. My ONLY intent in the original post was to make a small wisecrack and let everyone know that something is being done to help fight the destruction of our oceans and reefs. Cousteau said that this move came after a conversation regarding the plight of our world's reefs. I was obviously wrong in my judgement.

Mods please do your thing immediately and close this before it gets stupid again. I'll just keep my sarcasm to myself and try to remember next time that alot of people here are more interested in fighting with each other instead of discussing reef tanks.
      Dave
      My current 130g system

Got a question about controllers? Ask away...
      Digital Aquatics beta tester

Closed Thread

Thread Information