• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Dart pumps?

simplepleasures is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dart pumps?

I am setting up a new 150. I am going to run a sump and a Closed loop. The CL mainly because of advice on this form. Now I have a question about the return nozzles. The Dart has a 1.5" output. I have 1" CL returns drilled but I was told lock line does not sell 1" stuff. I like the clean look of lock line and usabillity. My question is should I reduce the CL returns to 3/4" or is there another company that makes 1.5" like lock line stuff? Also what impact will this have on the Dart?
      Thanks,
      Casey

Dakota is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Just make sure you have at least two outputs and, perhaps, 2 3/4 nozzles per output. I believe there ARE larger outputs you can use, but I'm not sure if it's the "lockline" brand. It's more important not to impeded the input that restrict the output, but best not to restrict the output if you can avoid it. The Dart is not a pressure pump.

vinny73 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Enjoying the peace and quiet
      of owning property and space.

I am:
      Awesome

Talking locline

I have done the research and did not find anything pasr3/4 ". I would do 4 3/4 outlets and do a 4way. My 2 cents. You are gonna have the room and if you don't , you might as well use a small pump. Use the dart to its full capacity. Call harold at frag city and have him get you a price on 1. I love mine! I have 0 dead spots and the price was a lot cheaper than list on their website! Look at how I did my 240 in members tanks. Hey Kamile, could you throw up the link for the man. I would also suggest putting 2 of you 4 returns on the bottom of the tank in the front corners. Go to oceansmotions.com . Go to forums. And then find the thread that contains Wuf's tank. You will see not only what it looks like but how it works. Do yourself a favor and take a little more money and time so you won't have to supplement with powerheads. Vinny

Eric F is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

OM sells 1 inch nozzels. They are very nice. Not cheap-around 25 each. But, way better than lock line.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks for the responses. I should have given a little more info on the first post. The tank is a 150 peninsula built by So Cal Creations (with stand and canopy). I am planning on running an OM 4 way. Two of these returns are on the bottom of the tank and two come in from the top. I also will having my sump return (rio 1700) split to two nozzles in the tank. I have called Harold to get me a quote on the OM and two nozzles from OM. My return holes are 1" so I will use the OM nozzles for the top outlets and just PVC for the bottom outlets. I didn't want to reduce the outputs anymore knowing that this would effect the Dart. The intake is 2" and that will not be reduced. I think I have a game plan now. Let me know if you can think of anythink I may have missed. By the way nice tank Vinny.

Thanks again,
      Casey
      Last edited by simplepleasures; 01-10-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Thanks for the pics Kamile. I was going to do that but didn't have time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information