• Hungry
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Any other LEGO Star Wars MiniFig collectors....?

LotsaFishies is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Any other LEGO Star Wars MiniFig collectors....?

I have been a big LEGO fan all my life. Collected and played with LEGOS ages 5-16. Fast forward a number of years, and my children are finally old enough to be trusted not to put tiny Lego pieces in their mouth, so I slowly started to introduce my childhood Lego collection to them.

Then, several years ago I started buying up bulk Legos.. 20lbs here, 50lbs there, 100lbs... Now, I have (I mean, my children have! right?) over 700lbs of loose Legos to play with.

I have also been a lifelong Star Wars fan. Just a few weeks ago I decided to formally start collecting SW minifigs. There are over 1,300 Lego SW minifigs alone! I've currently got ~70 100% completed, unique figs, with another ~60 partially completed.

Anyone else into SW fig collecting?

bricklink
      BrickMonkey

I have become quite familiar with BL and BM in these last few weeks. Would love to potentially sell / buy / trade with others!

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

Is 700 lbs a real number? (That's a lot of live rock.)

I never got Lego's but understand folks that do. We were "too poor" for cool toys. Glad to hear again from Nashville.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
      Is 700 lbs a real number? (That's a lot of live rock.)

I never got Lego's but understand folks that do. We were "too poor" for cool toys. Glad to hear again from Nashville.
      Heya Kris! yes indeed... 700lbs of Legos is a very real number.

Legos were the only toy I asked for for any Christmas, birthday etc. Only toy I saved up money for back when I was a kid myself.

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaFishies View Post
      Heya Kris! yes indeed... 700lbs of Legos is a very real number.

Legos were the only toy I asked for for any Christmas, birthday etc. Only toy I saved up money for back when I was a kid myself.
      That's huge.

Raptor72 is offline Registered User
      My status is: Ok, now it's starting to
      become an obsession

I am:
      Cool

My brother gave me an Advent calendar last month. We haven’t played with them in over 35 years

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor72 View Post
      My brother gave me an Advent calendar last month. We haven’t played with them in over 35 years
      Very nice! The SW advent calendars often have some nice minifigs in them! Walmarts reorganize their Lego inventory every January, and then again in ~June. At that time they put many items on clearance.. The advent calendar you posted above originally sold for $44.99. Two weeks after Christmas, I randomly stopped in at a Walmart and found they had the calendar clearance'd down to $9! I bought all (11) of the calendars that they had! Will give a couple to my kiddos, and sell the rest.

moon doggy1 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Back in the 90's when we had two kids and went down to one income, times were really tough, I went to The Goodwill and I would buy Lego's that looked like 5 kids ripped the box apart and then the parents returned it to the store, so I would buy them, I got really good at making sure everything was there, instructions all the bags etc, I was able to buy the second gen Pirate Ship Red Beard Runner the one with the skull in the back of the ship, we also have several smaller pirates ships and royal navy ships as well. And the Brickyards Bounty BNIB
      Fast forward I got back in the hobby about 3 years ago, I have been collecting since then, drove my wife crazy, I like Pirates more than SW but I have collected some sets so I can get more mini figs.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Quote Originally Posted by moon doggy1 View Post
      Back in the 90's when we had two kids and went down to one income, times were really tough, I went to The Goodwill and I would buy Lego's that looked like 5 kids ripped the box apart and then the parents returned it to the store, so I would buy them, I got really good at making sure everything was there, instructions all the bags etc, I was able to buy the second gen Pirate Ship Red Beard Runner the one with the skull in the back of the ship, we also have several smaller pirates ships and royal navy ships as well. And the Brickyards Bounty BNIB
      Fast forward I got back in the hobby about 3 years ago, I have been collecting since then, drove my wife crazy, I like Pirates more than SW but I have collected some sets so I can get more mini figs.
      Wow good for you! Pirates are also a cool theme. I think I had the Red Beard Runner set as well - loved the skull on the back!

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Dumb question are you still loving Tennessee? I know there is no better place than San Diego.
      Do you have a hobby room in your new house? That one thing is short supply here in Ca. is a full size basement.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Dumb question are you still loving Tennessee? I know there is no better place than San Diego.
      Do you have a hobby room in your new house? That one thing is short supply here in Ca. is a full size basement.

Absolutely love some aspects of Tennessee, dislike others.

Pros:
      - conservative, good people!
      - freedoms / liberties / guns!
      - cheaper living

Cons:
      - mosquitos
      - tornado danger (and many thunderstorms that my wife doesn't like)
      - rains so dang much

I am relatively content here, but my wife does not like it. We are actually very seriously looking to move to Coure de'alene Idaho! (all the same good people and values, but with pretty mountains, less moquitos, less tornados and thunderstorms)

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Yeap weather is a big factor, people as well. either you fit in or just feel awkward. At least you can say we are from Tennessee and not Ca.

Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

Yeap weather is a big factor, people as well. either you fit in or just feel awkward. At least you can say we are from Tennessee and not Ca.
      True! When I tell people I'm from CA I get one of three responses:

1) Welcome to TN! God & Gun country! 'Merica! (and I love this response)

2) Welcome to TN! .....but you left your CA behind... right? (and I love this response)

3) ***** California!! (and I love this response)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information