• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: real “live” rock

SHCRIMPS is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

real “live” rock

curious if there’s any stores that actually sell real live rock? & by that i mean pieces that are actually sustaining life other than just bottled bacteria

i like having little micro crustaceans/ inverts in my tanks for a couple reasons & really just looking to up that biodiversity

(also still haven’t found anyone who’s willing to sell me tanaid shrimp

i know i could buy from other reefers on here but having a shop in san diego with a somewhat steady supply of rock like this would be cool

Kris is offline Registered User
      My status is: End of the journey

I am:
      Tired

Tankstop in LA has/had some Amazing Australian live rock for sale. They were low in stock (Selling quickly) but weee going to get a new shipment. I have not been to the shop but I ordered 5 lbs (minimum) and it shipped over night for $16 and it is sweet. I found a tiny live coral that is still alive in my reef, the rest went into my fish tank and I man very happy with the results.

The store is owned by Eric Cohen and he will FaceTime with you so that you can see and select the rocks that you like.

Yes it would be great if one of our lfs could bring some in but I think most of the rocks available locally is recycled from the hobby.

SHCRIMPS is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
      Tankstop in LA has/had some Amazing Australian live rock for sale. They were low in stock (Selling quickly) but weee going to get a new shipment. I have not been to the shop but I ordered 5 lbs (minimum) and it shipped over night for $16 and it is sweet. I found a tiny live coral that is still alive in my reef, the rest went into my fish tank and I man very happy with the results.

The store is owned by Eric Cohen and he will FaceTime with you so that you can see and select the rocks that you like.

Yes it would be great if one of our lfs could bring some in but I think most of the rocks available locally is recycled from the hobby.
      thank you Kris!
      16$ overnight shipping is crazy low
      i’ll get in touch and see when he’ll have more back in stock so i can arrange something

appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information