• Tired
  • + Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should SDR be in 2023...?

TheCoralGarage is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Who should SDR be in 2023...?

I've heard this site and domain are for sale, there really aren't any admins running the site (if there were they would have answered my questions)

I own sdreef.com, and I'm tempted to start a new group, as the local reef community, what would you like to see? I think this group lacks husbandry, prove me wrong....

¢.02

jason142 is offline SDR Moderator
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

There is only one admin for the site and that is the owner, everyone else is just a moderator. Yes, the site and domain name is up for sale. You could start a new group but might end up just the same. I know the north county residents tried to start something up but think that fizzled out also. I would say that up until about 4 years ago this site was very active with meet and greets. The turn around could be pin pointed to right around MACNA when it was here in SD. It takes a lot of coordination to set up things such as this and IMO most everyone on the site is just interested in using it for selling so much so I hardly ever post anymore. If someone were to take the initiative I am sure this site could turn around but a lot of the older members rarely are on anymore and as I said before I get the feeling that most of the members are only interested in the sale portion of the site. Everyone has great ideas but when they find out how much effort it takes they are like no thank you but that is just my 2 cents
      Last edited by jason142; 04-03-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Satsujin is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Agreed with what jason142 said, plus someone else (sorry forgot who it was) also mentioned on a previous thread recently, theres r2r and other bigger communities for tank build where there's more people for input. I personally dont do tank build because im terrible at documenting my stuff.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Laddair is offline Premium Member
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Set you mood here...

I would love to see more activity. I remember when had a monthly meetings at houses or venues to host meetings and also do raffles. SDMAS does do meetings but it can sometime be confusing that they use these forums but never seems to post. I think if we have someone to post meetings and then also keep events like tank of the quarter updated it would be much more visited than just a buy and sell site. Most events and updates forums have not been updated for 5+ years. Also have a standard for selling items and photo hosting. I am not sure what the costs would be but have the photos hosted so users can post more would be great. This would then require someone to either edit or delete posts with pictures so hosting can be monitored and keep the costs down. Not sure if this is even possible.
      R2R is a great resource but I feel it is more towards a larger group of people. I would like to see SDreefs and SDMAS be a more joined entity and focused on more local events, sales, and information.

flypenfly is offline Registered User
      My status is: Mira Mesa

I am:
      Set you mood here...

Updating the site software to something modern would be a huge help and consolidating the insane number of sub forums.

Drama D is offline Registered User
      My status is: Uncertain

I am:
      Piratey

I visit the site multiple times daily. I enjoy it.

Trickman2 is offline Registered User
      Enter Status Here..

I am:
      Cool

This site has been around a long long time. I think with more social media sites and more Reef Keeper sites. It really has become only a buy and sell site. If someone has a problem and is looking for advice it is off to Reef2reef or Humblefish boards.

BADCHEV is offline Registered User
      My status is: My 1st reef tank

I am:
      Happy

I visit this site daily to see what the local reefers are up too and whats being sold. Meet and greets would be cool.

hammerhead is offline Registered User
      My status is: Rather Be Reefin'

I am:
      Sneaky

I recently took over this account from my dad, so I'm a pretty new user. Sad to hear that its not as lively as it used to be, but there are some really cool reefers that I've met through this site that make it worth being a part of. The good deals are definitely a cherry on top though lol.

A good way to make this site more lively would be to start documenting tanks more. Coral growth pictures, new fish, etc.

BajaReefs is offline Registered User
      My status is: …

I am:
      Cocky

a lot of the OG reefers from here moved out of state.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information